General Teku doesn't drop enough loot

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Novusod, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

General Teku is the final boss in PoW for those that have yet to see him. Basically General Teku is the expansion clear mob as the final reward for clearing DoV part 2 and he only drops 3 pieces of loot and an occasional mythical cloak. Even compared to other DoV part 1 zone end bosses like Vallon Hardmode and Statue of Zek hard mode those drop 5 pieces of loot.
    SoE should really increase the number of drops per chest so it fits more in like with other end bosses. It is not like Teku doesn't have a small loot table. In fact its' loot table is huge.

The mythical Class cloak should really drop every time considering these cloaks abilities were given out on the basis of class ballance. The drop rate on these cloaks seems to be 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 and the zone can only be cleared twice a week. So figure it would take 48 weeks to get all the cloaks for a 24 man raid force. That is far too long to be farming one boss so most classes will not get their class cloak. Really this needs to be done. Considering this is the top boss in the game right now and these cloaks will be class defining for a long time. Increase the drop rate to one per kill.
  2. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Yes he should drop more loot but then you could argue he is also easier than most of the bosses in the zone. None of the cloaks are class defining and there is no balance made around any of them.. There are only a few that are even worth wearing over POW or Drunder HM for the red slot...
  3. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Ballancing classes with gear has been a long standing tradition in Eq2. Not sure if you have been paying attention to the game really if you think otherwise. No red rune even remotely compares to the SK cloak, Bruiser cloak, or Dirge cloak. Even the coercer cloak will be useful for a very long time. Pretty much all the guilds that are killing Teku right now are upset with Mythical cloak drop rates.
  4. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Novusod wrote:
    "The mythical Class cloak should really drop every time considering these cloaks abilities were given out on the basis of class ballance"

Balancing classes with gear and saying that classes are balanced around having this cloak are 2 different things... judging by how you phrased this quote and really most of the OP you are implying that these cloaks are class defining now much less over an extended period of time.. That statement is pretty laughable. Would some classes like this cloak? yes, is it class defining? definately not.. none of them are.. There are a few really nice ones but a lot of them are useless and the stats arent even that good.. Im not saying they shouldnt drop more but yeah, these are definately not game changing and NOTHING is balanced around this item that only 5 guilds are even killing at this point..
  5. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Should drop more loot? I agree. 3 sounds like a slap in the face.
    Specially since the new expansion will probably make everything in PoW obsolete. I'm guessing new heroic stuff will have PoW or better stats.
  6. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

i think part of it may be that he only drops weapons.. All the other bosses dropped BPs and weaps or BPs and charms etc. If he dropped several diff item types i think we would have seen 5 loots as well.. Should still drop more items than currently does tho.
  7. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

His loot drops/table would be fine if he actually dropped a Cloak every time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Teku drop table is:
    Main hands
    Two handers
    Sheilds
    Bows
    Pouches
    Mage/Priest idols
    Mythical Cloaks
    So it is not just weapons here. It is 4 slots of gear or 96 items that need to drop to gear a 24 man raid force. At the very minimum the cloak needs to drop every time. But besides that we have only seen one priest shield and still have not disco the brawler / beastlord weapon on my server. There is a tonn of gear here that most people will never see even after the level cap is increased. Bottom line is General Teku just does not drop enough loot.
  9. ARCHIVED-aeyinar Guest

Novusod wrote:
    The Coercer one is total garbage i wouldn't use it over a EM SSx4 cloak with melee stats ....it has no melee stats and the clicky looks like it was made for a warlock.... as a coercer i want something that helps me feed power not something to improve dps... a clicky that turns my dps in to mana for the raid now that i would use even with out the melee stats..