General Questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Natsume, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Natsume Member

I have been wondering about these,

- If I claimed a Werewolf Merc on one toon, can I use it on others?
    - What is a good questing place to get level 60 gear. I noticed I still have level 38 gear on.
    - I noticed a level 60 person flying, how is that possible, he had wings of some sort?
    - With COE, can I hire two mercs at a time, and keep one in reserve. I see a drop down list ...
    - Is there a tip for inventory management, my inventory keeps getting cramped up and I have the largest boxes (42) ... ?

That's it so far, be back with more, you can also post your own questions ...
  2. Kokorobosoi Active Member

There are 48 boxes luv. That's my inv management lol
    Natsume likes this.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

- You can claim the Werewolf on all your toons.
    - "Kingdom of Sky" questlines are good for 60ish quested gears.
    - this person was probably also a lvl 85+ crafter and have access to flying mounts/wings.
    - AFAIK no.
    - If you have tons of housing items in your bags, get a new cheap house and unload your items in it (and 48 slots boxes would help you too)
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

Next on SOE Live: Hoarders: The Norrathian Intervention.

I came back to the game and found some of my chars with full bags, and then I looked at what was in them. Between personal boxes, bank boxes, and house vault boxes, if you need extra houses to start holding your stuff (assuming you have one decent sized house per character), there's a good chance you're just lugging around a bunch of extra crap you don't need - and lagging the server in the process.
  5. Hachi Member

>- What is a good questing place to get level 60 gear. I noticed I still have level 38 gear on.

Holy moly! Not that it's a huge issue, but as said, KoS quested gear is good. You can get a nice set of class armor (better than same tier mastercrafted) in the quest line that takes you through all three areas (Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, and Bonemire). The "trash" gear will also likely be better than what you have equipped.

>- I noticed a level 60 person flying, how is that possible, he had wings of some sort?

That person may have been mentored down to 60.

>- With COE, can I hire two mercs at a time, and keep one in reserve. I see a drop down list ...

Not as I recall, but a drop down is promising for the future.

>- Is there a tip for inventory management, my inventory keeps getting cramped up and I have the largest boxes (42) ... ?

I'm not a hoarder by any stretch, so even when adventuring I'll typically only top out at filling up 3 bags before dumping to vendors, guild bank, or the broker. What kind of stuff are you keeping? How many bag slots do you have unlocked? As far as inventory management, I take time to clean up my inventory when it starts to get full, or when I find myself in a city to refill on consumables such as food and drink, or ranged ammo. Stuff I want to keep but won't use immediately goes in the bank.

Eventually you'll start running out of room, I guess, so you have to make some tough decisions.
  6. Natsume Member

Thanks for the tips! I am currently working the Kingdom of the Skies, just got the free glider mount! Anyway, I am a silver member so I have all but 2 slots unlocked all can take 42 items. I usually loot most of the items I get to sell them later, and this takes up a lot of space. Since I am not gold, I can't sell to the broker and I only have 2 slots in my bank. The items I get from quests also fill up my inventory real quick, especially all those replica rings and belts. I also have some rare harvests that I don't want to get rid of, but they take too much space.

I only have 1 house in Gorowyn, the cheapest, I was wondering how much storage a SC house would give me?
  7. Natsume Member

I have another question, how much XP exactly does the merc penalize me?
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The mercenary drop-down box is for the quest merc you encounter in the new signature series. It's supposed to prevent you from losing your normal merc when you must take a quest merc.

Marketplace homes vary; if you read the description on their deeds it will tell you how many items can go into the house. I believe 800 is the highest default item count available. Remember that you have all six of your house vault slots that you can use for storage as well.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

About half of it, and half of any coin you loot - but not coin from quest rewards. And to answer your question above, all houses have 6 house vault slots - not 6 slots each, multiple houses belonging to a single character use a shared house vault system. As I'm gold, not sure if there is there is a "house vault slot penalty" for silver or bronze membership.
  10. Faliz Member

Natsume look for Bilgeron Cogsworth in Tenebrous Tangle, he's on the Temple Grounds right inside the arch way near the waterfall if I recall. You'll get a good set of armor for your class as well as a Cloud Mount (ground mount only) when it's completed. I have a guildmate who uses that armor into level 80.
  11. Natsume Member

Thanks for the info Faliz, I checked and I am already doing his quest, But his gear seems Legendary, then I guess I can't use it :(
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

You can always get gear unlockers from the Marketplace. It's worth it if you're planning to spend a while at that level.
  13. Terrorpeutic New Member

I have the AoD expansion and I've created unpublished dungeons for storage (house items only).
  14. Faliz Member

Ah sorry to hear that Natsume but this does raise the question again with SOE as to why is it if someone is going to go through the effort to play quest content they have to purchase an un-locker to use such gear. You worked for it, it should be yours to use as you see fit. If they don't want us using such uber gear in game now they should nerf the stats and make it useless like previous zone content.
  15. Natsume Member

I really don't like the idea of un-lockers for a single piece of gear, I think it's a waste, if it was for a whole armor, maybe even a cool down when using it, but just for one :/ until I find some free decent armor, guess i'm stuck with level 38.

Oh that's a neat idea, but I don't have that much house items to begin with XD

I agree, at least let silver members use Legendary if not Mythical and Fabled. Seeing as Legendary is rewarded as a quest reward I think it should be allowed for normal players and silver members as an extra :eek:. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it! ^^
  16. Cyliena Well-Known Member

That's understandable. I'd recommend collecting rare harvests for whatever armor type you use and finding a crafter to make you some level-appropriate Mastercrafted armor. That should be plenty good enough for that level range. :)
  17. Pariel Active Member

This^^

Its the one major thing that bugs the hell out of me with the F2P model SOE have chosen. I dont mind the limited bag slots, the limited shared bank - but when you can't equip a quest reward armor piece it really gets my goat. I wouldnt mind if the unlockers were cheap.. but they are ridiculously expensive in comparison.

If the restriction on gear was removed - happy player