General PvP Fixes Thread

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Trasor, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Trasor Active Member

Would like to create this thread to make it easier for developers to look at certain spells/abilities. I am hoping people are constructive in their feedback as I can't shed light on all the classes, more the ones I am familiar with, add to these ideas if you would like!

General:
    • Resurrection spells in PvP Combat should have an increased reuse timer
    • Revived Sickness/Reckless no longer are as detrimental as Toughness/Lethality were removed
    • Immunities to CC need to be looked at, yet adornments for permanent immunity to Stifle/Stun makes Illies/Coercers less preferred than Bards
    • All support classes should maintain a group-wide PvP Taunt Immune on a similar recast as a fighter taunt immune
    • Gather Remains no longer works in a PvP Zone
    • Trigger Chance of spells properly increases trigger chance
    Class Specific:
    • Coercer:
      • Channeled Focus has reuse time cut
      • Coercive Shout has little to no effect as it lasts 2 seconds, increase duration please
      • Thought Snap can be immuned through taunt-immune as well as AoE prevents...as it is a spell cast it should be able to by-pass taunt immunes
      • Manaward is no longer a viable option as the health pool is vastly greater than the power pool at this point, please adjust the ratio of power to hitpoints
      • Immunities to Mez/Stifle/Stun properly work through pet stuns
    • Illusionist:
      • Channeled Focus has reuse time cut
      • Immunities to Mez/Stile/Stun properly work through pet stuns
      • Time Warp gives a greater chance at a PvP Doublecast than is currently present
      • Arms of Imagination/Illusionary Arm give more respective stats
    • Dirge:
      • Deadly Dance now gives the group Taunt Immunity
      • Damage Spells are increased about 10%
      • Debuffs are increased in ability
      • Lowest recast on resurrection spell in PvP
      • Flurry Chance is increased in PvP than is currently present (Flurry is as effective as Double-Cast)
    • Troubador:
      • Deadly Dance now gives the group Taunt Immunity
    • Inquisitor:
      • Fanatic's Protection is adjusted to apply slight damage reductions instead of increased healing received and is insta-cast
      • Heals are boosted slightly
    • Wizard:
      • Incineration/Hellfire is adjusted for PvP Combat
      • Fiery Blast properly tracks outgoing damage
      • Storming Tempest has a longer duration in between ticks
      • Fusion has a greater radius of effect
    • Warlock:
      • Toxic Assault Damage Cut
    • Swashbuckler:
      • Slight of Hand's triggers are looked at, adjusted for PvP Combat
    • Templar:
      • Divine Light reflect damage is cut (damage reductions can't stack to create more damage)
    • Conjuror:
      • Stoneskins work on a certain health threshold level, more for group, damage absorbed would be single hits greater than 30%
      • Other pets provide more of a tactical advantage then they already have
    • Necromancer:
      • Healing abilities cut by 5%
      • Longer recast on self-resurrection as well as resurrection spell
      • Lifeburn inflicts more damage, works faster then now
      • Lich can't be cast whilst sprinting
    • Assassin:
      • Damaging abilities increased
      • Permanent immunity to AoE
      • Additional port to target
      • Greater Base Mitigation
    • Guardian:
      • Stoneskins can be dispelled through traditional means whilst in offensive spec to the right of the prestige tree
      • Outgoing damage cut by 20% in right of prestige tree
    • Mystic:
      • ROA in Prestige does increased damage
      • Bolster increases all attributes and health and power by 20%
    • Brawler:
      • Increased Outgoing Damage by a substantial amount
      • Stone-Cold now applies 30% damage reduction
      • Drag May not apply whilst using teleportation spells
      • Increased threat to taunts
    • Channeler
      • Group-Cures are now almost insta-cast
    Sorry if I forgot anything!
  2. Lethlian Active Member

Templars
    • Divine Light is completely broken, Damage needs to be scaled down.
    Assassins
    • Negative on Permanent immunity to AoE (there's no justification what-so-ever)
    • If they want an additional port, they can pick it up in the Dragon AA tree tab.
    Swashbucklers
    • Sleight of Hand is broken.

Items
    • 96 level + Adornments of Blasting and Mending need to have values scaled back. Blasting should never account for more the 4% to 7% max of characters potential DPS output. As stands now its easily 15% plus for most classes and even greater for AoE based classes. Greater Rune of Blasting is hitting for 120k per proc as stands. Should be more like 20k per proc instead. (that even maybe too generous as well)
    • Same issue with mending.
  3. Agares Member

"Thought Snap can be immuned through taunt-immune as well as AoE prevents...as it is a spell cast it should be able to by-pass taunt immunes"
    No, taunt immune should stand by its definition: taunt immune; not, taunt immune except to thought snap.

In the PVP realm we prefer not to be nerfed or boosted by arbitrary numbers such as this one: "Healing abilities cut by 5%"
    Also, let us not destroy the little skill factors/class defining opportunities left: "Lich can't be cast whilst sprinting"

"Stone-Cold now applies 30% damage reduction" This is too strong for PVP.

On a side note, please do not bother changing any reuse/casting times. This will impact PVE to greatly and be easily exploitable in PVP
  4. Trasor Active Member

Channeled focus isn't even worth it in pve, all fighter taunt immune should have the same recast and all support classes should have one with the same recast.

Lich is just a necro tool for running, not used for much else, it should better apply to a wizard who can use that to regain power at a significant cost after a manaburn.

I don't think 30% is too strong for pvp as guardians can give 25% base reduction and templars can apply 25% to 2 targets on top of that. 30% gives the brawler some utility.

I personally thought that as thought snap did nothing as it was a spell and not a taunt that it should be able to do something, right now its effectiveness is hit or miss.
  5. Agares Member

"I don't think 30% is too strong for PVP as guardians can give 25% base reduction and templars can apply 25% to 2 targets on top of that. 30% gives the brawler some utility."
    Please understand the context of what you are arguing for/against. Stone Cold has a 45 second recast w/ a 22 second duration. The effect is also group wide...this would be far too strong in PVP with a 30% damage reduction. The Guardian 25% damage reduction lasts a very short amount of time.
  6. Agares Member

A Wizard has multiple tools to regain power after manaburn. Let's not break the class. Lich is used on a necro for kiting, this is a valuable tool in their arsenal of tricks and somewhat defines the class. Leave the ability alone.
  7. Trasor Active Member

The Guardian's is not a very short amount of time necessarily....and Stone Cold should get a boost and I think brawlers should be a viable support class is all. I just currently feel that the necro has way too many tools and should lose some healing ability.

I do want to know, however, if they are planning to get rid of warfields, what they plan to do with pvp? Hopefully provide writ givers again. I also hope they add a warfield to the BG warzone, every other hours try to get the highest amount of kills for your faction.
  8. Creasote Well-Known Member

Brawlers could use an increased adjustment on their group damage reduction. They are the least played tank in pvp especially for group purposes for that reason.
  9. Caith Developer

While we're keeping an eye on this thread as well, I recommend you repost your feedback under the stickied Focused Feedback thread.