General Mage stats for Grouping

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Caela, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Dronk, Unda should be a lot higher, are you using the max 19m rule of thumb? 19 meters yields the highest hits for Unda throughout the fight. You still get damage at 1, 10, 15, 25, but it has a sweet spot of 19meters. Just curious.
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

I never knew that about Unda.

I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I don't know. Is there a decent write up since the new expansion on playing a conjuror? I saw some posts on Flames, but they are outdated and mostly have to do with raiding.

I've played a conjuror for many years, but seems the info changes over time (like at one time, never cast your dumbfires, and now we should cast our dumbfires), and I have no idea what the new abilities really do.

People sometimes ask my advice since I've been playing a conjy for so long, but I feel like most of the time I'm just making stuff up :) I just press the red buttons, and the blue buttons and sometimes the green buttons. And other color buttons when I feel like it :)
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I learned a lot from just basic mage stuff from other classes as well, feel free to stroll through my Illy guide to see if there is anything else that might help!
  4. Vasco Active Member

I thought Unda didn't do any dmg beyond 20m.
  5. vinu New Member

Holy crap. I was totally getting on to post about how wrong you are, but you aren't. That's so weird. Unda hits harder for me at every meter up to 19 but then suddenly drops at 20.

That said, the sweet spot is right at 1m short of your max range. If you have a piece of gear / adorn / or AA that extends your range to 25 then your sweet spot should be 24. I tested this on a wizard which has the 25% radius AA and 24 was the sweet spot.
  6. Dronk New Member

Some raid mobs I don't have a choice, but in general I'm a bit lazier than I should be about positioning, that's something I'm going to work on. And I didn't know that we're talking 300% more damage from Unda when you're at 19 meters, I had assumed it was a much smaller bonus. In fact it's worth staying out and ignoring Earthquake / Detonation entirely at that kind of bonus. Good call