General Holiday Crafting...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the things I've noticed recently, and I'm not sure when it started, was that a lot of the older recipes (especially Nights of the Dead, Frostfell, etc.) have things for a requirement like Geocraft or Thaumaturgy or whatever as a Technique, which was fine; everyone, regardless of crafting specialty, could get decently advanced in such things and make just about any holiday thing without too much effort. Other, more recent recipes (for things like Brewday, Erollisi Day, and Bristlebane's Day, especially) require things like Sculpting, or Artistry, or whatever very, very specific crafting specialties, to have any real hope of being able to make the items without the attempts being rife with "Critical FAILURE, l00$3r!" everywhere, or at the very least, more difficult to make than they should be for everyone else. When did that lovely, sort of generic Technique requirement change for the worse, and can we change it back on our recipes? :(

Uwk
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

First, Frostfell has ALWAYS used the class-specific combines. (I even went back to the very first Frostfell recipes, and they're artistry, metalworking, scribing, etc. as appropriate depending on the item.) Most of the other event crafting recipes have stayed pretty consistent throughout the years for thier specific event - NoTD has used geocraft and the generic skills since the start, it looks like. You kind of have to look at each event separately to see any pattern -- Bristlebane and Brewday seem to have used the class-specific combines all along.

With the tradeskill AA's that come along in the teens now, it really shouldn't be that difficult to do the class-specific stuff, since they're low-level items ... unless you're trying to level up a newb crafter on them, and they are still totally unaware of how to use reaction arts as more than just reactions to events. In that case, well, they're going to have issues with more than just the low-level event crafting.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, so it is just my imagination. ;->

Thanks... ;)

Uwk