General gameplay, transparency and rng madness!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryve, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I admire your passion and aspiration. But if you consider the consistent behavior & actions from SOE/DBG/DPG, spanning more than a decade, and you still hope to see positive change... You clearly have much more faith in them than I do.
    Mizgamer62, Zynt, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

"no" is the default. You can reasonably assume that everything omitted from the dev response is a "no".

For these sorts of questions to be met with anything other than silence would be totally against the grain. I'm sure lots of old players like myself have been cheering you on, but full in the knowledge that you'll achieve very little.
    Mizgamer62 and AOE1 like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The fly in the ointment here is, if you're a returning player gone for more than 3 years, most raiding guilds aren't even going to look at your toon. You think a raiding guild is going back to old content for blue runes, rerunning countless old raid zones for the KA Flawless statue, etc., etc. Raiders want some someone that can be used almost instantly and they're not interested in people that can't contribute almost right away. There are no "solo" players in a raiding guild that can get up to speed after being gone for three years. That used to be the case, but DPG has ensured via the last two xpacs that those routes have been closed off permanently. Let's deal with the facts for the majority of players, not the one example who happened to have better credit cards and little sense about how much it was going to cost to insta--catch up.
    Mizgamer62, AOE1, Flatline and 2 others like this.
  4. Tunes Member

Some of my best buds in this game spent the weekend playing another MMO and I think they'll be gone in a month based on the lack of response to this thread.

The inability to bring new/returning players or swap mains remains the largest reason the game will die. I simply do not understand a business model which prohibits gaining revenue from new customers.

A green adorn isn't going to cut it. We need:

• Ethereal Coins to be heirloom or the ethereal items to be heirloom
    • All 120 toons given a version of the KA flawless buff (we've given out other things for free from that Expac)
    • Armour unlocks to be returned character wide
    Plus many of the other things the OP said.
    AOE1, Malahk, Flatline and 1 other person like this.
  5. Malahk Active Member

Being able to bank experience from Mercs, Mounts, and Familiars would help to gear a new main. Take all the experience from one toon and transfer it to a new toon.

Leveling spells and ascensions takes far too long. You want to charge DBC to level them, fine. Make it 20 bucks to get from Expert to Ancient, not 80. Watch how many people buy upgrades as opposed to nobody at this point.

Peculiar Coins need to be Heirloom TODAY.

Make Auto Attack Great Again.

Bring back Reforging. Not being able to even reach 100% in Casting Speed and Reuse is ridiculous!
    Flatline and Ryve like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

This is such a sad state of affairs. Remembering back when EQ was one of the top MMO's and now to see where it has fallen AND same with EQ2 makes me sad. And there is NO excuse or reason for this to have happened. None other than greed from the top. Instead of applying some of the profits they WERE making back into the game like they should have, they took those and ran by selling to another company so they could do the same thing.

I am sorry I didn't cancel my sub before they got another 6 months. It is my LAST 6 months to be sure. Giving away free armor in the last 3 xpacs does NOT make up for what we have lose and that is the ability to grown naturally. Raid guilds used to be able to take in players and help them get up to speed but no more and it has been that way for awhile.

Just sad indeed.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Use a couple of level 96 Incandescent adorns until you get gear that has the stats on it.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to go back 3-5 years to get items as workarounds for lack of them in a current xpac. If we do, it suggests the current xpac is poorly thought out and implemented. It just adds fuel to the fire that's currently blazing quite hotly atm.
    Zynt, Quillyne, Ryve and 2 others like this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

44 guilds in the raid progression list this year, compared to 70 in BoL. You can't put that down to late starters, some of the top 25 are really very casual guilds.
    That's the kind of message that tells the devs what the players really think of what they've produced/changed/charged/nerfed this year. If I were you, I'd start planning a different hobby, because I think the sunset can't be far away now with that kind of dip in player numbers.
    Matik, Exilya and Flatline like this.
  10. Fulton Active Member

Lag=suck
    Removing celestial after many already acquired them=suck
    Masters being rare forcing to buy upgrades if u want upgraded=suck
    Familiars being rare forcing to buy=suck
    RNG and rewards from merchant and ts quest =suck
    Red and green adorns being as elusive as bigfoot=suck
    Long loading times=suck
    Solo missions and weeklies rewards=suck
    Fervor acquiring (why was this added??)=suck
    New xpac, old overseer=suck
    Damage numbers(have to disable overhead, can't see anything)=suck
    Over Land place holders=suck
    Lack of Pugs=suck
    Huge Power gap between players=suck
    Barrage and bulwark, just stupid=suck
    Removal of reforging=suck
    Mage and Healer gear having block and other tank/scout stats(maybe useful in raid? i dunno)=suck
    There is prolly more but those come to mind first.
    Mistral, Spazz, Smashey and 4 others like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Seems to be a lot of suckage going on.
    Smashey, Mizgamer62, Fulton and 2 others like this.
  12. Eberron101 Member

Mismanagement, wasted opportunities, lack of business sense, absolute reliance on the existing player base and the brand. No real attempt to get new players in, lack of any attempt to keep the entire game going instead of just the latest expansion. General air of neglect. Cheery disregard for how far down the pop ladder the game has fallen.

That said there are still many MMO's after it in the population league.
    Zynt likes this.
  13. Flatline Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the amount of feedback to this speaks volumes as to the engagement level of DPG with their player base.

This is not ideal in any way.

Please can we have some official feedback ? @Kander @JChan

Yes im looking at you two as Lead Develope and Producer of the game.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since this is not social media, tagging someone with the "@" doesn't actually DO anything. If you want them to hear from you, send them a PM.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Ok, boomer. Since you don't seem to understand social media, I'll provide a link to the wikipedia article so you can read about it. Also note, wikis are a form of social media. You can't @ anyone there either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media

On a less snarky note, this whole thread is about issues related to game play and communication. I fervently hope that the game's leadership team isn't waiting for a DM from anyone, when this whole thread (and many like it) are here on the EQ2 forums for them to read.
    Amybelle, Breanna and Goezer like this.
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They see what is posted. They choose not to reply.
    Flatline likes this.
  17. Flatline Well-Known Member

Interesting i did NOT know that /sarcasm off

And for the record i have emailed them (no not PM'ed EMAILED)

And so far its the sound of crickets, so by doing the above im publicly asking for it, as i do KNOW that everyones favorite CM does read the forums, and reports on those ..
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

exactly
  19. Ryve Ryver'Fish

The original thread provides details, explanation and modest solutions.

TL;DR

• PQ's - Introduce a currency with a linear way to earn/achieve BiS
    • Class balance - What the heck is going on? Lots of classes left in the dirt, RoS changes heavily weighted to a select (very few)
    • Prestige AA - Little information provided at launch, for those who didn't cash in on 'broken' achev's they are now gated and waiting behind 20 WEEKS of weeklies (for anyone starting late they may not even see their final point this expansion!!!)
    • Raid reward - Itemisation is all over the place, most drops are kunk or not in line with the difficulty of the mob killed. Relying upon lucky dip loot boxes
    • RNG 'balance' - this is way off, an element of rng/lucky dip is fine but RoS feels like everything is to chance rather than earned through active or interesting game play.
    Account wide unlocks to allow for main changing, more accessible content and rewards for new or returning players.
    Please see OP for specifics & details.
    Flatline likes this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Respectfully,

BiS means "Best in Slot." Casual players who do PQs should not able to fully equip BiS gear (now or in the future). If you want BiS or raid gear, you should raid.

The idea of this year's PQ loot (being better than T3 raid) is likely to augment the gear you receive from other sources (whether that player primarily wears heroic gear or raid gear). In other words, a few PQ Celestial items are supposed to give a player a mere stat boost or "leg up". I do not think the devs wanted/intended anyone to be fully Celestial PQ geared. Hence, the very rare drop rate. (Though, as mentioned previously, it would be a fair concession to make the items tradable beyond Heirloom so that there is a "cost" associated for those looking to be fully PQ geared and "lottery effect" for the chasers).

In essence, what was originally designed as a favor for players (a way to get a leg up) without upsetting the solo-heroic-raid balance through RNG is now being framed in a negative light (somewhat unreasonable expectation of even a casual player getting raid gear).