General gameplay, transparency and rng madness!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryve, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Cordelia New Member

Amazing post Ryver, couldnt have put it better myself. So much in the game seems a bit sloppy atm which makes me sad as i love this game.
    Flatline and Ryve like this.
  2. Eberron101 Member

One thing I'd like to add - that tagline in one of the ads that got me back in the game was "16 years of content". This is most definitely true and it is still fun to do but its like a house with all the children gone. A lonely place full of neglect and long lived bugs, with the dev party in someone else's house full of raiders and lvl 120 ppl asking for PQ invites.

For me I quest - a lot. Its nigh on impossible to get a group for lower content and everyone over lvl 100 trivialises all prior content because even the hardest boss can be one shotted when mentored. It used to be fun mentoring down and running old content. With the recent ultra nerf to mercs its now harder to do heroic content at this level when your at level and there is a smaller pool of players to group with as who wants your dungeon one shotted? Not much fun.

I like getting quest rewards for my loot. Quest rewards that are usable. But the items available pre lvl 95 are so mind numbingly generic. I can look at a list of 5 rewards from a quest. Every single one has identical stats. Apart from the one item that obviously got missed in an item update script and has half the stats of everything else. Its sad to see heritage quest rewards useless for their tier as so many have never been upgraded (see coldain ring for example).

There's the neglect of lower level tradeskillers too. I understand the bug with lvl 70-80 items has been around for some time and it means a whole tier of gear is useless. It just gives the impression the tradeskill side has also been left to rot.

Can I also make a request to somehow have better access to turquoise adorns? I've only found one set in my levelling from 1 to 95 and I've no idea where or how you can get others. Or even if there are others.
    Zynt, Mizgamer62, Ryve and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If you're looking for turquoise adorns and depending on your level, do the Panda Quests in Sundered Frontier. It just doesn't get any easier (they're all had by discos) to get a set of cyan adorns and the white adorns for armor are pretty nifty as well.
    Flatline, Zynt and Ryve like this.
  4. Phellen Member

Has anyone brought up the potency requirements for heroics? I'm not sure if its true but most groups don't want anyone below280k potency but you can be far below that even with the needed resolve simple because you are missing a premium mount/familiar. My mount and familiar provide 68k pot. Someone in the same gear as me with a non premium not level 20 mount with an unleveled familiar would not be wanted for a group...they have the same gear but still can't do heroics? Solo zones will not prepare you for heroics..
    Flatline, Zynt and Ryve like this.
  5. Ryve Ryver'Fish

As I mentioned earlier, the content needs to balanced around what is achievable via quest. Not PTW advantages
    Flatline and Zynt like this.
  6. Phellen Member

Thanks for pointing that out, I must have missed it somehow. As everyone has said before great post. I mentioned that because a friend of mine returned to game (as a member) and worked hard to get his resolve to where it needs to be but was then flat out told he would be useless in heroics with only 220k potency. He is nearly as geared as I am but missing the mount/familiar. I just found it odd that the usefulness of your character is now based as much on 2 items as all your other gear.
    Ryve, Flatline and Zynt like this.
  7. Austerity Member

I applaud the OP for their well written and constructive post. I agree with everything they said.
    If any of the powers that be see this thread, I hope some changes are made accordingly. This game has become more restrictive than its ever been. Everything is locked behind something else, or not tradable, not usable or nearly impossible to get. The changes in reforging and gear are beyond restrictive and don't even get me started with the shadow harvesting. The RNG factor takes away the enjoyment of earning items. It seems like maybe they forgot its supposed to be an entertaining game that should entice people to play, and not chase them away. I miss the days when the players had more freedom.
    Zynt, Ryve and Flatline like this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

When I quit I had 335k potency. The only chase ptw item I had was the mount. The familiar I had level 10 celestial from the CE. But that's not all that's missing if you're only at 220k. Last year's ethereals and pearl items add a bit, but they're also not the only things missing.
    I totally agree this game is stupid hard if you're trying to catch up. It's something we've been calling for change to for years and so little is done about it, it's embarrassing. When old players would turn up on the server saying "hi, I'm back", I'd be a little gutted, because I knew they wouldn't last. Nobody does.
    The game just isn't built for that purpose. When the current stat system was introduced in KA (trivialising everything that came before it), it rang the death knell for returning players wanting to catch up. But that wasn't it's purpose. It's purpose was to future-proof the game to make it manageable with a threadbare development team. Basically to make it easy to make new content. All you have to do (as I said in another thread), is re-skin last xpac with a % stat bloat on the mobs and boost the gear by a set %, then do a few new quests and hooray, you have an xpac.
    Flatline and Arclite like this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

That is the gist of the expansions been since ToT.

My p2w has been on:

upgrading spells ($200 just on 2 class new spells in BoL)
    buying crates last expansion for the elusive RNG mount
    buying crates for RNG celestial infusers
    buying crates for RNG flurry buff (last expansion specifically)
    buying RNG familiar crates to get better familiars to upgrade the premium familiar because of not much luck on RNG familiar potion drops and the ridiculous daily quest that always drops a 100 xp familiar.
    buying and selling kronos to have enough plat to buy things like RNG no-trade collectibles to finish collections when the end item is still relevant. The bot players openly sell these for a few million every day. Also to buy green rare adornments and red adornments.

No way can anybody convince me or anybody else to say that this is not needed to be a competitive player. Sure, people farm with bot armies and shuffle across items on IoR to make millions, im not one of them. if you want to stay relevent on the parse, you need to spend money and lets face it there is nothing else to enjoy in the game anyway since the mechanics have as much intuitiveness as a 4th grader making a paper Mache volcano. I mean just look at the new AAs description and laugh your head off by "Increases effectiveness of "ability" by 5.." -- that is saying yeah we have no idea what to say here and frankly don't care but we know you will buy it anyway /wink wink.

I am not sure how EG7 will look at everquest 2 but $300 million dollars is not a small amount and presumably at some stage they will look at their least performing assets and see why they are doing so poorly in revenue. I hope they peruse the forums to get an idea how discontent the players really are for years now.
  10. Goezer Master of Crayons

Summoners are far from broken like BL was.. Not sure where you are getting this information, As for button pressing? It takes a ton more to manage a summoners dps than that of a Sin or Wizard.. you can press 6 buttons over and over on a wiz and top everything, sin is about 6 buttons every 2 minutes for your FFU chain. Lock, they take a bit more to manage because you do best with 180 stacks and cycling negative void to up your ST Dmg, Rangers, well they are still not in a good spot, but there's a few that do fairly well despite that. Summoners take a ton more to mange than people realize, Go ahead and try to play one on a high level and get back with me. I'll wait.. Our pets make up about 1/2 if not a tad less of our dps. That's IF you combine our swarm pets, and our main pet (Necro's actually have a slight advantage over Conjurors atm in that area) As for teh HP set, that's about a 3% increase in dmg so i've heard.. and it actually benefits Sorc's more than it does summoners. So before you go calling people OP and broken, May want to learn their class and how to play one. Stats, Group makeup, buffs they are getting play a MASSIVE part in any classes ability to do damage.

As for OP, I do agree, there's several things that have slipped beyond the wayside. RNG has been a horrible way to do things. Loot boxes to try to get BiS Gear and gear up alts vs unlocking the armor for currency we get running zones is mind blowing. Hopefully we see more changes in the near future and some clear focus on where things are to be. But alas, we can only hope.
    Flatline, Ryve and Teletrium like this.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

This Information is from our discoverings in Raid and ACT summoners are so far a away from any logical DPS order the do like 8 up to 900B in Raid and our best wizzy for years is lost 300B behind same on Assa and Warlock , the Rune set which boosts qualified pets is totaly misscalculated in nunbers behind or the mechanic it boosts pets DPS.

And dont mention the DDs have not equaly Stats in Pot etc they are all realy close.
  12. Goezer Master of Crayons

Then something is up with your sorc and sin they easily should be beating summoners. I've tested rune set and it's nothing stellar for us. My current raid has wiz but no sin. I'm easily 20+K pot and other stats ahead. So thats the reason I remain out front. Also, group buffs make a ton of difference also.
  13. Drax Member

Just to illustrate the negative effects of the current RNG madness I took a thorough look in my bags and vault and found that I had 8 Fabled Bazaar Crate reward items that are either duplicates or things that I can't use because they would give me a bunch of stats that I don't need whilst boosting several others that are already excessive...................and the current reforging system prevents me from doing any meaningful re-balancing. I need the additional potency and resolve from these fabled items but they will just sit in my bag unused until I finally get lucky with RNG Bingo (which may never happen of course).

I also have 23 x Void Etched (Mount) Patterns. All RNG rewards from tradeskill missions but I can't use any of them because I don't have any appropriate recipes. In addition I probably have 150+ recipe books (more RNG rewards!) that I can't use because they are duplicates or for tradeskills that I don't have. Some can go into the Guild Vault for others but many are Heirloom.

From a developers perspective I assume the thinking is that making stuff RNG will mean that players will keep paying their subs whilst endlessly trying to chase/obtain the gear & recipes they want. Whilst I can't speak for other players, for me, I find it intensely annoying & frustrating to spend hours of my time only to be 'rewarded' with something useless. I don't mind putting in the time and effort if I know that I am working towards a concrete goal or reward but having to constantly gamble on the outcome gets old very quickly indeed.

I returned to EQ2 about 10 weeks ago and my current thinking is to call it a day when my sub expires early in March. My plan to entice several old guildies back to the game has now been abandoned because I can't, in all good conscience, recommend the RoS end game to them. I mention all this not as some kind of threat. I know full well that every MMO's has lots of player churn and the loss of a few like me is irrelevant in the scheme of things but if DBG/Darkpaw are serious about attracting and retaining paying customers then something needs to change in order to make the gameplay experience significantly more appealing.
    Zynt, Kleedash, Flatline and 2 others like this.
  14. Gematria Active Member

Lets not forget the rampaging numbers.. What i would love to see more than anything is a stat and level squish, much like WoW has done in the past.
    Flatline likes this.
  15. Eberron101 Member

Of course! Why oh why did I not immediately know that a magical talking panda in the sky was handing them out in a lvl 80+ area when I first logged in after 6+ years!

Seriously, why on earth is he sat in SF? Surely he could be sat in a starting area or a capitol district or something!! Well at least I know where to get them from now....thanks!!1!
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It definitely wouldn't hurt to stick a copy of the magic panda at the spires in Nexus and Blinding, and maybe one in Myrist. Sundered Frontier is hardly relevant on a live server these days.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes you just have to "bear" things...
    Flatline, Ryve and dreamweaver like this.
  18. Tunes Member

This post seems to have fallen on deaf ears. It appears the fixes for alts are a green adorn that you need to go back to BoL for since the RoS ones are so rare.
    Ryve and Flatline like this.
  19. Flatline Well-Known Member

And then LEVEL in BoL as well, as they dont level outside of BoL - :mad:
    Logic escapes us all but that is how it is
    Ryve likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I leveled Umbral Eye by soloing Big Baddies each week. YMMV.