General gameplay, transparency and rng madness!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryve, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Virtuosity Active Member

I applaud the OP.
    Firasia, Wulfgyr, Flatline and 2 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't camp names. Just make a pass through the zone once or twice a day looking to see what names are up and catalog them then. It took me three days for all the named creatures, except the owlbear in SW, which has stubbornly resisted making an appearance.
    Ryve likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

returning what was good in past will save time in future
  4. Ryve Ryver'Fish

I completely agree with both you and Wulfgyr - I was trying my very best to keep the focus on the content in my OP and trying to avoid the derailing the best that I could.

That doesn't mean I don't fully agree the mixed approach to those who appear to 'get away with' or at times appear to be allowed to disrupt and cause havaoc vs those who go out of their way to make things better but get hit heavy with bans etc. It absolutely needs to be and should be addressed.

My intentions where to keep to the sentiment of my OP with the suggested changes - but I think i'll add an additional point addressing the unfair treatment, communications as this further demonstrates the strain of 'transparency'.

Hope that's okay with you both :)
    Wulfgyr, Zynt, Priority and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tupperbeast Active Member

Because some always feel compelled because of the class balance, it is simply kander promised at Kunark Ascending times that the class balance will come piece by piece with addons and GU`s. What has not happened so far, except that man went here and made classes worse, others forgot even more at the same time but forgot to adjust things like spells or their skills via AA trees.

- Tank
    - Priester
    - Support
    - DPS

All the Classes have a Role in the Game, for now all or mostly classes feel like Hyprid classes now.

The tank is there to ward off damage and to hold agro.

The priest or priests are there to keep the groups alive and to take down curses and dots.

The supporter says the word should support the group with buffs. Some classes can push mana others can promote healing with or push agro that is their job. Say they should and can also reinforce DMG output.

The DPS class is responsible for achieving and promoting maximum damage for the group on names and adds.

What DB has done is they have more or less neutered all classes, according to which the values of the individual class have become useless but are still present in the game at the same time, despite the class being unable to do anything with them.

You can only estimate what the problem is or what the error is, but what I have noticed myself is that there is already friction among each other in the team and that they do not work together on a nominal basis, this has the consequence of what happened and how they treated us as In some cases, players circumvent the lack of spectrum - undignified and with a high ego things are simply ignored or discussed.

We all play an MMO alone or together, the rule is that you are only as strong in common as the weakest link in the chain when that happens you have to help or get help because in the end you are only strong together and can suggest solutions change improve.

The subject of Feldon: is that he has said what many have been thinking for years and addressing again and again, and he was no longer ready for the same way as the DEVS from DB. Feldon wasn't just someone, he had good contacts with the company and was also friends with some people there, which he and others also noticed that people change (to the negative), he mentioned that in the Discord and Forum and that is unfortunately not tolerated which is a shame. Because no matter whether America - Germany - Spain - France - Russia - Sweden or anywhere else in the world, we all have the right to speak and express our opinion, no one needs to sit down or have their mouths forbidden Things also have other solutions how to proceed.

Only if you keep silent will never change, the times when you always say yes or no are over. And thanks for this post `` Ryve '', I hope something will change. sometimes people need a little swipe to see things differently, or as we say, light tapping on the back of the head increases the ability to think. :p;)
  6. Romulus Member

To add another point, please make Familiar upgrades similar to Mounts and Mercs.(As mentioned in OP, but just want to reiterate how frustrating that area is) I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to use time to upgrade Familiars... When you have multiple toons, after two or three toons upgrades, you ran out of familiar xp potions.. and then it takes ages to get them upgraded (unless you get very lucky with familiar xp events). Or make the upgrades free on alts once one toon has maxed them out, similar to peculiar items, which I still didn't manage to upgrade fully on any toons, because there's no more Ethereal coins in the game :(.. so no way to upgrade my last item from lv4 to 5 ...
    Ryve likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

no it only increases ability to twitch. to that think need to scratch little different place on head.. in any case no one will be able to congregate same team that was when the trees were large, but this ship is floats on and someone has already lost key to :oops: cabinet for storage binoculars (someone had lost his ability to motivate players)
    Ryve likes this.
  8. Flatline Well-Known Member

We have created a great momentum here, lets not stop, lets keep this active with RELEVANT comments and likes. Hopefully we can have a positive impact on our own experience and an even bigger one for those who chose to join us in this great game - why else would we play it ? And for those who are returning and looking at this as an unsurmountable task to make themselves able to compete and participate.

Keep the good stuff flowing
    Carynn and Ryve like this.
  9. Ryve Ryver'Fish

To expand upon the point on loot unlocks....
    I've seen other threads raising concerns due to previous exploits, which is fair but removing unlocks is not the only solution to address this.

A loot token would address and prevent the double dipping.
    A T1 Hat token drops, the token is then taken to an unlock merchant and exchanged for currency, status and the token at which point the account is flagged for and unlocks T1 patterns on that account. Once unlocked, armour can be purchased by alts on the account for currency/status as previously done. The token is consumed upon exchange therefore stopping and preventing trading etc.

I would also like to urge that future content additions have an 'entry level' that is scaled and balanced against what a player can obtain running current content (for example the Sig Line/Solos, heroics) with no Ethereals, no additional PTW items to ensure that there is a routeway in for returners or new players.

Those who have continued to play and have those extra advantages will blast through this, but it offers a vital and currently missing life line for the more casual, return, newbies.

Thank you to everyone who keeps checking in on the thread, I really appreciate it.

I think given the traffic and interest, now is the time for acknowledgement from Dev's or DPG decision makers. There is clearly a desire to feed in and influence change (all of which is reasonable by the way) and continuing to ignore, not comment or offer a line of communication is pushing the community away.

Some of the suggestions made here may already be in the pipeline (in which case TELL US), some may be unachieveable due to other restraints (in which case TELL US) and some you may absolutely love and be exploring (in which case TELL US).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - communicate with us, provide us with an update and a steer. Address the concerns raised not only in this thread but the countless others on similar lines. Shine just a little light on what's going on, where things are going and how our OPINIONS and SUBSCRIPTIONS matter.
    Firasia, Zynt and Flatline like this.
  10. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

Back in the earlier days of Everquest there used to be a representative for each class that would collect the change suggestions from that class and then present them in a monthly (I think) meeting with the development team. Obviously not all the requests were acted on but at least the class rep could be told "We'll look into it" or "We have no plans to do this". It wasn't always the answer the classes were looking for but it at least let them know what direction their class was headed in. It would be nice to have something like that again.
    Ryve and Ra'Gruzgob like this.
  11. Drax Member

This heartfelt request for the Dev Team to communicate with their paying customers is, arguably, the most important point of all.

So often in the past all we got was a stonewall of (apparent) indifference & disinterest. I realise that it isn't realistic to expects the Devs to react & respond to every single player request/comment but this thread, which has been polite, sincere & constructive deserves to get an 'official' reaction. I can't imagine that anyone is naive enough to expect that everything requested will be possible but being kept informed about planned changes (and clarification about things that absolutely aren't going to be happen) keeps players engaged and helps them to make informed decisions.

Personally, the 'wall of silence' tactic tends to make me think that no changes are planned and that, in turn, makes me far more inclined to consider moving on elsewhere. If I knew that positive changes are in the pipeline for issues A, B & C, even if issues X, Y & Z aren't going to change, then I am far more like to hang around & keep paying my sub. Others might react differently of course but this describes my reaction.

So, yes, please talk to us :)!
    Zynt, Flatline and Ryve like this.
  12. Ryve Ryver'Fish

I'm 100% with you Drax. None of us expect a magic wand for changes to come in to make us each 100% happy, but there is lots of us singing from the same sheet requesting similar (and more importantly) realistic changes.

Some key and critical communications right now is so desperately long over due. Show us your cards, just a peek, set some expectations of what's possible and you never know, you may hook enough of us in to stick around to see it happen
    Zynt and Flatline like this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

A great post and many good replies yet all we get is silence...
    Zynt, Hebexi, Flatline and 1 other person like this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It takes time for people to respond to things. I can tell you it's been read several times.
    Siren, Lateana, Amybelle and 7 others like this.
  15. Ryve Ryver'Fish

Thank you for replying to us Dream :)

It's great to hear!
    Siren, Zynt and Flatline like this.
  16. Flatline Well-Known Member

That is so encouraging to hear! I for one realize it takes time to respond to this but!!! promising first step!!!!
    Thanks Dreamy
    Zynt and Ryve like this.
  17. Saladdor New Member

This thread is awesome
    Zynt, Flatline and Ryve like this.
  18. Hebexi New Member

Thank you Dreamweaver. Your efforts don't go unnoticed.
    I'd like to see J'Chan respond to this and the issues faced in this Expac. Her initial posts promised to address the issues but we've not heard from anything from her for months.

I don't know a single person who's cleared Challenge mode heroics.
    I don't understand why account unlocks for armour were removed this expac
    I don't understand why there's so many raid mechanics in heroic zones
    I don't understand why raids are easier than heroics

I do see returning players bail very quickly
    I do hear people saying there's no point running heroic zones due to itemisation

The original suggestions by the OP are super constructive. Give him/her a set of Celestial shoulders they can use as a thank you? ;)

I would love it if the "fixes" weren't always long after they were needed. Time and again a loophole is fixed and all the people who benefitted from it keep all the loot/progress and people that missed the boat are left with a higher mountain to climb. It's almost always the casuals who suffer.
    Mizery, Flatline, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

For this post specifically since lots of it is more specific to creative direction of the game or mechanics I think it's more likely you will see something from Kander. JChan is in the process of working on an EP letter for some of the higher level things we want to talk about for EQ2 but a sooner response to this thread will be directly from the game team.
    Blacklash, Breanna, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  20. Ryve Ryver'Fish

Flatline likes this.