General EQ2 Census Bugs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dedith, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Dedith Well-Known Member

These have been in for a while, but I figured I'd post them so they are listed somewhere. In no order:
    • Scaling values (skills, damage, attributes, etc) in AA, Racial Traits, and Focus Effects spell collection exports are calculated against the lowest level they are available for. Note, in most cases this is level 1, even though you don't get to pick them till a minimum of level 10 due to other mechanics.
      • Endy did look into this, but there were some headaches involved in fixing it so he never had a chance to complete it.
    • A character's Weapon Damage Bonus, Spell Weapon Damage Bonus, Mitigation Increase, and Max Health are not exported in the character collection. This can be gotten around by calculating the values from the items and adornments worn by the character, but this method misses out on any applied buffs to these stats.
    • A character's Auto-attack Modifier and Innate Class Critical Bonus are not exported in the character collection.
    There probably is more, but that's all I got this morning. If I can I'll edit this post (doubt I can) or add additional replies when I find more.
  2. Dedith Well-Known Member

Additional bug:

• Base health is missing from the character collection export. This is the base health without buffs, food/drink, AA, Prestige, Racial Traits, Focus Effects, Max Health or Stamina bonuses applied. On my guardian, this is 5696 at lvl 100. I have a few more class/races I can test as well.
  3. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid someone else posts in this thread. For shame I should have known better.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

These are the Census Data API forums for people who run EQ2 fansites or are interested in using Census data. Dedith, Dethdlr, Lera, and I are happy to help anyone who has questions and would like to use this data for statistical analysis, improving their characters, finding out which characters have completed specific quests, achievements, etc., or just tinkering. We would love to see more people using this data and I've readily explained to people how certain logic on EQ2U works to try to help others. I've been seriously considering planning a Workshop on Twitch so players can work together on the data and try things out.

However to be totally honest your post was off-topic gibberish and I can't have been the only one that reported it as such. I'll just add that for nearly 3 years, the Data API forums were under SOE General forums and so there was less confusion about what their purpose was. Against our advice, the API forums were split out and put under each game, and player confusion is the predictable result. :(
    Feara likes this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

@Feldon, I'd be very excited to have you do some streams or instructional videos on how to use this and/or incorporate it into ones site.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I miss the old forums because it was also combined with the other games api, Planetside 2, DCUO, etc.
    Seni and Feldon like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

i am trying to find my guild id so i can use it to import a roster. how would i find that? and also what would be the address for the roster?
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Are you using RosterMaster? If you are starting without an existing script, you'll need some programming knowledge to pull a guild roster and display it.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i heard that roster master was a bit behind and had lost part of its support. the sites i am working on have the script but need the address to make it active. the one i am able to put in an address should work. the other one however, i gave them the new domain but they are rather slow at fixing their programs. we are such a small guild that i am opting for free sites for now.

however i got most of what i needed and i think i can wing it now. i needed the guild id and someone helped me find that. thanks very much. appreciate you as always. you do a great job feldon. keep it up
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

11. Seni Active Member

+1 so would I!
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Another bug, is server status region.
    Still works fine for Russia and Japan for census.soe.com but census.daybreakgames.com returns unknown characters for region name.
    I.E. Русский & 日本語 but instead you get back ??????? and ????
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Reported this bug.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Fixed.
  15. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

AoM Avatar Set Bonus Error
    Set Bonus : Testiment of the Titan
    6 items should give +3600 vs arcane, +3600 vs elemental, and +3600 vs noxious
    but the census item set bonus shows +3,600 Crushing +3,600 Heat +3,600 Piercing

Testament is spelled wrong by the way.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Wish you'd linked an item. Now I have to go digging...
    http://census.soe.com/xml/get/eq2/item/?c:limit=100&setbonus_info.displayname=Testiment of the Titan

Ok there are 12 items matching. Here's one on EQ2U:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4044125699

Side-by-side screenshot from in-game (left) vs EQ2U (right):

[IMG]

Well that's definitely a bug! And I don't mean the spelling. That would be an over (or under)-caffeinated designer. Not sure why resists would turn into something else. Maybe the damage type "decoder ring" array is being used when it should have been another array used to export it.

I'll ask Maevianiu.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Sorry my fault, I'll link the items next time. But ya that was an odd one.
  18. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Still incorrect. Just sayin.... ;)
  19. Dark Grue New Member

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

It's less Roster Master has lost support, and more there haven't been any requests for support. And I've been busy with... other concerns... so, Roster Master doesn't get the intense scrutiny it used to. Also, Feldon's kinda stolen my user base (and not surprisingly, EQ2U is an amazingly useful tool).

All the usual contact and support methods for Roster Master still exist, although I've started a new Development Thread, as it appears we've gone through yet another forum purge. Sadly, that thread isn't nearly as useful as the original RM development thread, it never seemed to take off after the first purge...

At any rate, although I'm sure you figured out hot to fix already, based on the conversation in this thread, I've posted 8.3.1 today, which makes the two teeny changes to the XML feed URL to get things working again.

Better late than never.

-DG
    suka likes this.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

We don't offer an embeddable guild roster widget for use on guild websites though. I hope you will keep it going. And I think there's still room for someone out there to write more guild functionality ala guildportal, etc. but using Census.
    suka likes this.