Gearing question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by RagnarWolflord, Feb 19, 2017.

1. RagnarWolflord New Member

Does gear not drop from mobs or is it just named mobs and the occasional chest. Crafting does not seem worth it because I seem to level faster than my crafting so that gear is already outleveled by the time I make it.
  2. Krool-Guk New Member

gear does drop from mobs. More from some, less from others, depending on what mobs, your level, the zone...etc.
  3. gaymer77 Active Member

Get into a guild that has a large harvest depot that lets it's members use the depot. You can work on your professions and get gear at the same time. That or just buy it off the broker. Most semi-decent gear is fairly cheap because it is easily obtained. Really the only stuff that is expensive TBH is the stuff that is better than stuff 10-15 lvls above the semi-decent gear.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Mastercrafted (using rares) gear is usually better than dropped gear and you can wear it longer than the levels say (usually about 20 levels) and you will have to buy crafted armor at level 100 to even participate in KA stuff. Some of the quest rewards are good armor as well, at a variety of levels, but it does take the time to do the quests.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Agnostic armor is best by level until like 90
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

no .. it's only best between 80 and 90 .. before u find better outside
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Ehh I guess I'm just a nub... I have 200% vet bonus, I go from level 1-95 in an hour so I don't notice levels. Depends on level for gear, Kaladim gear is good until like level 50.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

Maybe the lvl 70 ... agnostic is better too but i think for early lvls i saw that some gear outside was better. But agnostic is easier to get.

I only have 80% veteran bonus, my lvling is still slow
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

from 0 to 20 just do zones like Darkling Wood quests/mobs will help you gear up
    From 20 to 94 - Agnostics your best bet
    From 94 use ethimas that you earned by doing agnostic and get yourself set from merchant in Tranquil sea and AoM timeline (you will need it anyway later in game). Once you 100 head to ToT and to signature line AoM gear should suffice for it
    Zeddicious likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

To answer your first question, gear can drop from almost any mob in the game (some Advanced solo mobs do not drop anything but coin, body drops and specialty click effect items).

You can easily level crafting faster than you adventure, but you have to devote the time to craft rather than trying to keep your crafting at the same level as your adventure level. As someone said before, if you belong to a guild with a depot & a crafting writ hireling you can get your crafting up at least a tier or two above your adventure level quickly. If you aren't into crafting though, the only point in it would be so you wouldn't have to do it before you work on your Epic 2.0 when you get to level cap.

To be 100% honest, you could buy handcrafted gear from the broker or straight from another player and fill in with whatever you get from kills & quests until you are 100 and have pretty much no problems in solo content and you'd be find in herioc content up to at least level 70 probably even 80. 90+ some of the herioc zones get tougher.