gear up event weeks...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

That would be brilliant. Help people get ready for the new (to the server) expansion, encourage folks to come back for a bit if they've stagnated or lost interest, and fire up the community with some more people for a while.
  2. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Why is your opinion of XP gains relevant but mine aren't? XP rates are fine. Setting XP rates to such a level will diminesh the value of shattered lands and DoF. You say its nigh impossible, but its not almost impossible. thats your narrow opinion.

Why does it need to be lightened up now? I disagree. People shouldn't get some extra bonus or pass because they leveled one toon already. Again, this is going to trivialize content. So folks smash through and reach level cap, then what? The server is all top heavy with nothing going on for lower tier players?

I agree that XP rates could increase a little bit. But not because if a player already maxxed one toon, or if increasing the rates will trivialize the content.

If the XP rates get increaesd to where level 1-55 are almost a blur, then what about all that content in EoF? are people going to demand a roll back on XP gains? Heck no they wont. EoF will become trivial and not important (the early tiers anyway)

Think about what your asking for. Think longer than this coming weekend.
    Bekkr likes this.
  3. luagsharpshank New Member

maybe it won't last til EoF
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

5. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

Ahhhh, the satisfaction of yet more double status :)
    Atan and Ceyllynn like this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep it would have killed them to give us something different, but useful, like faction...
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Even with slower xp the majority of the server is at endgame. Shattered Lands is already long forgotten by most people. The only acceptable fix to this server is allowing people who choose to play on it catch up in a reasonable amount of time, provided they put in the effort to do so, as is possible on every other server except this one which is gated by how many other people in your level range just so happen to be online. Hint, it isnt as many as you think below level 50.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

XP isn't an issue for the people already here, but the slow xp for anyone deciding to come to the party late is a problem.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

30-55 is already a blur because DoF xp rates are SO much higher than shattered lands xp rates. Even during normal xp you could go from 30 to 50 in 2 to 2.5 hours with an xp pot.

Assuming for whatever reason KoS and EoF zone xp rates are the same as DoF xp rates, everyone will be leveling gfay->bbm->kaladim->one rock anyway.
  10. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I am not sure if that is hyperbole or if xp has been changed again recently, but I went into RE with an appropriate group during non-bonus xp times and we were getting maybe 2 levels per hour with an xp potion in the mid-30's. I am not sure if your xp rates include group pots/mentored group members etc but my mileage obviously varies from yours.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you really read what he wrote "DoF xp rates are SO much higher than shattered lands xp rates"

RE is in Shattered Lands. Try going to a DoF zone like One Rock Isle.
  12. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

What DoF zone is appropriate for a level 30 character as per his example? The character needs to get from 30-50 in 2 - 2.5 hours.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

One Rock Isle is comparable to RE for mob levels. You can do it at level ~35

That's why in my previous statement I said "try going to a DoF zone like One Rock isle".
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you read his post, but he was referring to XP rates in DoF zones, not in Shattered Lands. As soon as you can possibly kill even solo mobs in SS, its rapidly faster xp than any old zone.
  15. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I completely understand and agree that DoF xp is better.

I am disputing his assertion that you can get from 30-50 in 2 hours. Getting from 30 to 35/38 to be able to contribute in DoF would likely take longer than that. If his point is that you can go to DoF at 30 with a bunch of higher level friends/guildies killing everything in site for you and carrying you he is correct.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Which is more to my point that for those of us already here, leveling is easy. Just buy a krono and use your main to level an alt on another account. With all the 'live' players coming here to level and get the heritages, it seems they like to drop krono on our market to get rapid resources.

I agree with what others have posted. I've gone 35-50 in just over 2 hours on several different alts now. From there, its about 4 hours to 60 just running instances. I'm sure there is probably a faster path, but I wanted to snag some gear while I banged the last 10 levels.
  17. Hottubs New Member

Do you read anything? Or just post insane drivel?

I never suggested an extra bonus for leveling one toon already. I suggested it is painful leveling a new toon as a new player without buying shineys. Shattered lands should be trivial at this point. One Rock is a terrible, mindless, horrible place. It circumvents all content 36+. So their are 14 levels of shattered lands that go unexplored. Might as well make it more enjoyable to actually BE in Shattered Lands and do quests and such. Get off your high horse, you ruined your server with drivel that you suggest, don't ruin our TLE.

So you level a toon in EOF - lock your exp if you don't want to go fast, their are mechanisms to control it. Your entire argument was just quashed.
    Ceyllynn likes this.