gear up event weeks...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Whoa... calm down with the caps. It doesn't make anyone understand you better.

Improve things on this server...according to who? You? the loud minority ever insatiable player? No thanks. You and your small group of arrogant guildies / friends should complain less about TLE. You all want to play on TLE, but then want special treatment like live servers. Please stop polluting this for us who are thankful and appreciate the work being done on TLE. But you'll continue. No worries. keep paying your sub. I like the TLE servers here.

Unhappy with the way XP is handled for TLE?? Or are you dissatisfied with it? Again. its you and a few loud people that don't speak for the rest of the server. You sure put a lot of energy into complaining about... well everything EQ2. Aren't you tired?

"but".... that's where you lost me. you had a good thought, but then you injected your own personal wants and desires. Selfish.

Please be less entitled. Why do they owe you anything? We also don't get paid to play here. there are no reparations to be gotten here (words...)

All and all... stop spreading your ignorance and hate. Its like you want the server to fail so you can scream "i told you so. i know so much, im so smart." I wish you would stop and go back to your like minded friends on the unofficial and toxic FG discord.

And that goes for all you complainers. Just stop bringing in negativity.
    parissa likes this.
  2. veredeth New Member

Oh look Bulletcatcher66 graced us with his Wisdom. When someone has legit complaints he bashes them. Psst btw the Xp complaints are not from a minority on the server, almost anyone you can talk to in the game is not as happy with the xp, maybe your part of the Minority. Everyone posting here has legit concerns.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sigh
    Draknox likes this.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Not sure who BulletCatcher66 is sleeping with over at DBG, but it must be good.
    Xiao, Draknox and Ceyllynn like this.
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep, it's a pretty common theme in general chat...when the Xp was broken it dominated it, every time we've gotten the fluff that takes over as well. right now if they break anything with today's maint, like xp again as an example, with the new expac coming out how long will they ignore an issue?
  6. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Its not a common theme in general chat. I feel the XP rates are good, and they were good. no need to make all the previous content trivial by tweaking XP rates in ways that are not conducive to the whole "Time Lock" portion of TLE.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

See my previous post likening eq2 players to heroin addicts ;)

I mostly agree with BC on the xp rates. The problem is they've broken them several times. Had they remain consistent since launch, I think it would be fine as its what the server was based upon. At the same time I admit, that design squashes alting for many players as well as greatly reduces the likelihood of people joining the server late.

BC and others can justly argue this is what we signed up for and we should have to live with it. Or we can talk about some compromise around it. My suggesting is what they did a LONG time ago in EQ1 and set 'hot zones' with higher experience modifiers. Do this for lower tiers and push the few people active together for a better overall experience.

As far as being negative or positive doesn't invalidate anyone's opinion. BC sounds more like a bitter DBG employee under an alias, but I doubt that is actually true. I do wonder if he's been an active player for many years like others here, cause I know many of us were more optimistic before we were burned repeatedly.

TLDR;
    Its a grind server and no one to grind with makes it no fun for slow or new people. We either accept the inevitable attrition levels due to this play experience or we accept some reasonable mechanism to bring in new players or alts to enable the game to still be fun as it ages.
    Bekkr likes this.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Roxxlyy editing posts hmmm....
    Xiao and Atan like this.
  9. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I get people's opinions is they broke the XP rates. Sure. fine. if you think so. no biggie. My biggest beef is all the fire and brimstone preaching about how bad it is on TLE. All the negativity is tainting the TLE server. So folks only live for all the negativity. its the same general people too. And now this other person coming into call me a glue-sniffer because I'm not in line with the group think on DBG performance.

Nah. im no DBG employee. Just a regular person who has been playing since launch. Its frustrating to see all these folks complain so much about something they don't have to participate in.

No need to drag this server into a hand holding Fischer price land. Heck... as stated in other posts on this forum people blast through early levels anyway. So whats all the complaining about XP rates for really? Just for the sake of arguing with the devs?
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yes, I am. I will gladly remove content that breaks (or challenges) the forum rules from a post if the rest of it contributes to a valid conversation - I think this is a much better option than deleting the whole thing!
    parissa, Dude, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Arguing requires two parties. People just stating what they feel.
    Draknox likes this.
  12. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

You're right. Just people stating how they feel.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

While I would love some more relevant rewards for my TLE toon, I also realize that the "gear up, level up" stuff is traditionally intended to help people get ready for the upcoming expansion. Since the release of PoP won't be affecting time-locked servers, I'm just glad we are getting something at all (though I'm kind of over familiars at the moment <grin> ).
    Snikkety, Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'm so over familiars and status... if there had been more than 3 familiars, or some better things to use the status for, they would have been a boon.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I wish that was true...
    Bekkr likes this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

happy dance, I can get the much needed tradeskillers done, so I can help out guildies with needed items even if I can't adv for a month or two.
  17. Hottubs New Member

Whether you think they are good or not is irrelevant. It is nigh impossible to effectively level alts and the barrier to entry with having to get to level 70 next month and then grind AA's makes it harder for returning players or new to server players. The exp rates should be increased slightly with each expansion to ease barrier to entry and replenish the player pool. They can always keep it tough for 50-60 and 60-70 while easing 1-50 and then 50 to 60 and so forth.

That isn't a hard update to stagger leveling rates for certain levels. And it keeps the server population healthy for longer which means more subs.

It hasn't been bad and I agree the rates are fine if you are going through your first character. But it is getting to the point where it needs to lighten up to keep new and/or returning players interested. It's a request for the overall health and continuity of the server.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am in not opposed to XP increases for previous tiers, I have actually suggested in the past. However, you like many before you have neglected to give a recommend increase rate. I see so many ask / demand better XP at lower levels, but then do not have any idea what they actually want.

What type of increase do you want for older tier content? Do you want it doubled? Do you want a 50% increase, a 20% increase? You said "slight" so a ~10% increase? I think many would not even notice a slight increase, and would still come here and complain.

With the level cap being up to 70 next month, how much in game time should it take the "average" soloer to get to say 55 ? (since that is where KoS questing starts)

In Vanilla it took roughly 80-90 hours in a group to go 1 to 50. If I was to speculate, it would take 150-200 hours to go from 1-50 solo right now. (not counting mentored PL'n or collection leveling)

The reason I ask about solo, because as the level cap rises the player pool below the current cap will continue to diminish. And I have been told in other threads, it is some how unreasonable to expect players to group up at lower levels consistently.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'd say a 15 to 20% increase, not too much, but not so little to be unnoticeable.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

They should have a TLE version of Gear Up, Level Up. Every time an expac is about to open, the week before gets double exp, double loot, and double currency (once TSO opens). Then, when a new live expansion launches, nothing.