gear up event weeks...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

is this what it's going to be for FG? just repeating status or familiars? my guild mates and I had a running bet on what mostly useless "thrown bone"(as some would put it, because I guess they forgot the TLEs are pay to play unlike most live servers), I can't remember who won with saying familiars again... they jokingly came up with terrible things like:

half xp debt
    city tokens
    familiar drops x3
    status x3

no one is asking for double xp every week, what we'd like is something more useful than repeating status and familiars. how about things that could help players more than fluff?

faction
    double loot drops

it's too early to think of more things, but i'm sure others can come up with them.
    Kindread likes this.
  2. Rolien Active Member

I'd rather have nothing at this point.

I mean familiars weren't even a thing in DoF and the only ones I have seen that are actually good are from the cash shop so seriously why even have them.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

well, between my 6 and hubby's 3 toons, we got he dropped ones already when the first double familiars dropped. it's not like the dropped ones can be given as heirloom items even to other toons. this is really wasted fluff and basically lazy planning fro the looks of things on our end.

I'm in agreement, why bother, if this is what they're going to do? we got excited and hoped for something useful like faction, which would be useful for the madjul quests for those doing them, but we should have learned from last week.

at least they could open up other familiars, then this would be useful...
    Bekkr and Kindread like this.
  4. Vencido Member

I think we're forgetting what the event is actually for... It's the gear up and level up for the upcoming expansion that isn't coming to TLE servers. I play both servers and was very surprised TLE got anything at all considering we have nothing to "gear up and level up" for.
    parissa and Snikkety like this.
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's better to give us nothing, than useless fluff.
  6. Rolien Active Member

I paid 15 bucks to gear up and level up on TLE.

Does that count?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Hot_Rod Member

Double familiar drops... Whats double zero again? (/sarcasm #justmyluck)
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Blkitty Member

not my fault you can't win a shiny to save your life dear :)
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I'll absolutely acknowledge that a number of players find the bonuses to be less than ideal, although I will also say that giving loads of "Earn extra XX" bonuses to TLE servers can be somewhat tricky due to the progressive nature of the content. Last year, GULU bonuses weren't available to players on TLE servers at all.

There are indeed some different bonuses coming to the TLE servers as a part of GULU, but the more satisfying benefits will be happening at the end of the event.
    Froglok, Ceyllynn and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  10. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Thank you.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

thank you for the reply, it's nice to know our frustrations are known and hopefully will get better!
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

This would be fine.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

IT WAS SILLY TO LEVEL ON THE LAST SERVER AND PEOPLE HAD NO MOMENTS AT ALL TO CATCH UP SO WHY WOULD WE IMPROVE THINGS ON THE NEXT SERVER RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Froglok and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think a single person really benefits from the double familiar, its easier to go farm plat and buy the crates off the broker than farm them.

I understand this event is "intended" for live, but you must also realize and acknowledge that majority of the server is unhappy with the way xp has been handled in the last few weeks with it being broken and the fact that a acknowledgement to that is non existent. We were also not given any reparations for all the time it was broken, people bought pots, vitality pots etc. with incorrect xp values being multiplied.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm a little salty on this one as I did not realize it was broken cause I'd been playing max level characters and I used banked potions to work on some alts not knowing things were busted.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

oh lookie

for the 3rd week... yeah, just stop, it's insulting now, next time don't bother.
  17. Liliun Member

So I guess with the pattern we are going to have double familiars next week, then bonus experience the holiday week, which is the week I'm out of town because it is a holiday. Eight weeks and I miss the only two bonus experience weeks.

/sigh
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep that's the week of my surgery, so playing unlikely for me as well... I was really hoping for faction, at the least that would have been useful.
  19. Froglok Member

Considering that we had broken EXP for a long time, its only fair that something is thrown our way XP wise.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I just don't why they couldn't give us something that was an actual "bonus", repeating it a 3rd time in such a short period is NOT a bonus, especially on a server like this... might as well give us double loyalty tokens or something else as asinine and useful. I have millions of status on multiple toons and nothing to do with it.

so is next week going to be familiars again? either give us something that is a bonus, or don't bother. pointing out that stormhold didn't get it is supposed to mean what? when it's useless? it's a token, and at this point more of an insult than anything to players, who have to PAY to even play on the server, especially after weeks of broken xp(I do appreciate the fix that finally came in, don't get me wrong on that, but it was the better part of 3 weeks of broken).

I know I'm frustrated and salty about the whole thing, because at this point I view it as a token guesture and and tease and would rather they hadn't started it.
    Prissetta likes this.