Gear is horrible

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Thanks for the delay.
    Atan and Cheallaigh like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's a very low-information post. What gear is horrible and why? What do you feel should be different?

Put [Suggestion] in the title of a post and elaborate on what you want changed, or use /feedback in-game to do it.
    Breanna and Seefar like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Maybe the myriad of other posts in this section, and the large amount of information already sent to the developers could give you an idea.

Not to mention a promise itemization would be better, and they even acknowledged it needed to be fixed in a previous post, yet nothing was changed.

This post was blatantly obvious a "why did you hold our expansion for three weeks, say you were gonna do stuff, then do nothing at all"
    Cheallaigh and Errrorr like this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Disappointment after disappointment after disappointment...... Gear is crap, the content is so undertuned my grp of 80s were mass pulling red tripple up mobs like it was nothing. Also, tried the new fiery blast on a named fight.. It was 3% of my dps! DBG have really proven how little they care, or simply how incompetent they are.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The best was pulling 30 mobs in cella at once and one shotting them all with timewarped blast of dev!
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

I know it's been a while since I played, but I thought that was capped at 8 targets?
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It is, but they die, then fusion one shots 3 more.
  8. Spectre Active Member

Getting back the thread... Gear is horrible. The instance gear is worse than the lvl 80 gear from TSO. Really need to take a look and compare.. It's self explanatory. The instance gear should be better than x2 WoE IMHO, and it's not
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Did a few raids tonight, nothing went for above minimum bid or it went to alts.

Feelsbad.

Not to mention we can probably clear all of the easy mode mobs in the expansion with 3/4 of our raid being under level 90 which is kinda cool.

It was fun killing every mob in under 2 minutes with our raid wide half of what it was in TSO because people just can't hit mobs.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Perhaps our community manager can tell us why it was postponed and why there has been no item changes or any, what so ever, content tuning.

And maybe she can tell us if we can expect any changes the coming week.
  11. vexen Member

Content will be cleared in a week since it wasnt tuned at all so so much for that. Gear is trash. If the intent was to kill the server this release may do it
  12. Khun New Member

Absolute disgrace they delayed the expansion launch and did nothing. All the gear that's dropped is worse than the previous expansion. Difficulty is improperly tuned. There's no content. No hunter's coins. What are they doing with our subscription money??
  13. vexen Member

Finishing work on live of course
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

So, problem is, while the gear is tough to find an upgrade due to itemization not being scaled, the content itself wasn't scaled either, so everything is a giant pushover.

Net-net, the gear matches the challenge, but neither the gear or the challenge level makes for a fun game.

Looks like this TLE dies at SF as well.
    Zenji and Dude like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A short post griping with no specifics is easy to blow off. A well-thought out post with specifics of what is wrong, why it is wrong, and how it should be fixed (a la your post on raiding itemization today) is much more likely to provoke thought and, hopefully, action. That's why I asked.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Sigr,

If you actually played on TLE and saw the itemization, you would realize there isn't anything specific that needs to be said.

Falen Gate has had different itemization than stormhold since inception. Higher stats generally speaking, but SF was just released without any itemization changes since it was released on Stormhold.

The result here is the raid gear which is 10 levels higher than last expansion, in many, many cases is not remotely an upgrade. The same is true of the heroic gear. I've not really looked at quest gear, but I assume its the same thing.

This itemization difference on FG has caused players to outscale content (well the itemization changes and the various other mechanics that were not originally in like familiars, and PTW).

The content itself also was virtually unchanged from Stormhold, so the bosses 10 levels higher are dieing faster than the last expansion stuff when we're using last expansions gear and masters, not even upgraded gear, abilities, or AA yet.

Result here is two-fold:
    1) Content is powder-puff pushover
    2) Itemization is bad and doesn't provide upgrades. Example Level 90 T3 raid gear should be a clear and direct upgrade to level 80 WoE gear. It is not.

Now, you take those 2 fundamental *misses* by the dev team, and you season it with a 3 week delay for the expansion to ensure 'time was spent getting it right', it leaves an excessively bitter taste and a lack luster play experience for what was one of the best and most look-forward to expansions for TLE.

It's been a meme really, each expansion itemization is broken and takes several weeks before any updates are made. Content though had previously generally been scaled up prior to release and if anything required some minor down scaling over time. My own observation is, the team was really busy from a live expansion and needed holiday downtime and thats why the delay, but because they 'sold it' to us as time 'getting it right', and the net result of almost nothing done, leaves a very disingenuous and sour taste.

Couple with that the player base's ample support of providing feedback, willingness to do anything to assist them in achieving a good expansion and player experience, only further reminds us why we all quit playing the first time and rapidly reinforces that it is time to do so again.

Please don't 'white knight' on threads you really lack any context for. I know your intentions, but it isn't very helpful in this case.
    Khun, Ixian, Adoninilol and 2 others like this.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Basically what atan said. I can say every item needs to be fixed because every item from SF right now is broken itemization wise.
  18. Xiao Member

You guys are obviously a lot smarter than Sigrifa, so why do you play the same game achieving the same status? Go play real life just as hard as you research parses and accomplish something big; something real. I believe in you!

This game has been steadily destroyed by the "developers" for 10+ years. How many failed TLE servers does it take before you're jaded? How many expansion releases does it take to see they don't have anyone working on the server? Bugs and class balances take time, sure, but we all know how easy it would be to adjust the mobs and gear. It's not that nobody on the daybreak team cares, its because they don't have anybody looking at it. You're literally paying for a service with no service team. What a sustainable business model.

Let it die. Don't support a ****** product. Go live your life you can accomplish big things. Leave Sigrida and the kilt freak + hubby to turn the lights off.