Gathering Goblin: Post Nerf

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tylia Well-Known Member

I kicked my goblin to the curb. He had become absolutely worthless, and my house was starting to smell very fishy! ;)
  2. Guiscard Active Member

That's what certain posters in this section want you to do which is why they whined and feedbaced incessantly until the goblin was nerfed. They want you to play the game the way they do!!
    Emms likes this.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

You are still harping about this with absolutely no proof that anyone "whined and feedbaced incessantly until the goblin was nerfed" eh? Makes you look super intelligent to repeat the same thing over and over until other people believe it. Really. Keep at it.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've done the same.. the time takes to pop the goblin, check through all the raws, and delete the excess is not worth the (for me) 1 in 6 to 1 in 10 times the thing returns a single rare.

I agree that the goblin nerf was excessive. However, please let up on the conspiracy theories and negative responses to anything certain people post in any thread. It is undermining any 'cause' you choose to champion and making it look more like you have something against specific posters rather then that you're in favor of this or that position.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm stubborn, I'm going to keep him a while longer and write down every rare I get for an extended amount of time.

That SOE broke him, I have no doubt.
    Emms and Guiscard like this.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

Well if certain people hadn't complained the goblin would not have been nerfed to the point of uselessness. I mean the idea to nerf him didn't come out of the blue. It was based on something and that something had to be complaints that he was too generous. Despite the fact that during Beta nothing was said about that and the rate of return went life. So yes it had to be complaints by a certain faction in the community well represented on this board, that wanted the Gobby to be nerfed to uselessness as they did not like the fact that people were getting rares for what they considered "free" -= despite the fact that you had to go to all the tedium etc to level a crafter to 95.

Why shouldn't someone who got a crafter to 95 have some nice rewards - just because a clique in the game whined to development for a nerf - how many times do you see the cry for NERF in other sections of the forum about certain spells etc. of different adventure classes.

There is a NERF clique in this game that want to determine how the game is played and they want it played THEIR WAY.
  7. Kindle Heartforge Active Member

I disagreed with the goblin nerf. It's my belief that the other raresinks introduced alongside the goblin were the reason the goblin was so generous with rare collecting.

But the notion that 'because a few complained and/or whined' is what brought the nerf around is far-fetched. The nerf came about because a game designer felt the goblin was too generous. Sure, someone may have brought it to a dev's attention. But it was the devs who decided to nerf it.

Let's just be clear on that, okay?

The goblin needs to be readjusted to be more generous with his rares, or change his description to read "a miniscule chance of a rare harvest". I would be happy if he was removed altogether and had his branch replaced with enhanced refine.
  8. Guiscard Active Member

If there had been no complaints from other players do you honestly think the gobby would have been reduced to uselessness. I mean they knew what he dropped during beta, didn't they? They didn't change the code at release - it lasted several weeks -- Devs respond to complaints and I am sure they got complaints. In the past in other areas of the game it is complaints that always bring aobut a nerf. I have been playing since the game was release and I can assure it is complaints and whines.

We used to craft Legendary armor - raiders whined and complained and it got nerfed. That is the history of this game - WHines about some class or skill abilities and then NERF. The gobby nerf just follows the SOE tradition - NERF when complaints about other players benefits role in.
  9. Cinnamon Active Member

The general censes, is most will not complain if something is too good to be true.

A small minority players may have made the devs keep an eye on the output of the goblin but the devs after watching it realized it may be too good so they did change it.

In a recent post that was removed I only pointed out that generally the Greedy players are the ones who made it most oblivious to the devs since they have a way of keeping track of what the goblin was putting out so saying the ones complaining are the reason it got change are not totally true for who really complains when something it too good? ...Only the ones who feel if it’s this good for me, than it must be too good for others and that will affect the world of Narrath Economy. You can not say no one noticed the price of T9 rare root was lower than other tiers so it affected some players pockets so they had to complain.

Personally, I would weather of seen a longer timer on his return for each point spent than the nerf they chose. It would have been more of a happy medium for all players and the World of Narrath economy too. At least by reading this thread I think a majority of players would have like to of seen him be on longer timer or had his return rate adjust just a tad...and not the 99% nerf to the return rate of the goblin.
  10. Emms Member

Why isn't soe in this discussion? When ppl called for nerf they listened and nerfed the goblin, no wonder ppl feel robbed now. This make me loose trust of soe, why should I buy next expectation when what you clearly advertise about can be ruined from one day to an other. I see a problem in putting things to game then nerfing it. A few ppl get to benefit as they known about it or had crafters at high lvl, some other didn't understand what was going on and had no chance to get use this prestige. I really think it create an unfair advantage some a few ppl that from beginning known about the goblin and as some argue had luck RNG. It is way better to put stuff in game that are to difficult and need to be made easier or something be more rair and need to be made more common.
    I really was so happy with the goblin as it was, harvesting is really booring and now I had an alternative. I could spend that gametime having fun instead! Yes I choose to not buy of broker just grinding zone to get plat might be as booring as harvesting.
    Why should harvesting be made the only real alternative to get rairs? Newer encounter don't even seams to drop rairs as they did a few expansion as a bonus in chests.
    It seams to get nerfed because some saw themself loosing there market corner. It's just that this things most be allowed to change over time. killing a few dracotas in darklight woods used to regen a few plat when selling it to broker, but with SS dracota L&L got really common so thous prices are really low now. My solution isn't to ask them to nerf droprate on L&L stuff from skyshrine but to find other ways to create an income.
    Please evaluate this and join in to the discussion. Perhaps make a poll in game to find out what majority of players really think?
    • how many have tried goblin before and after nerf, better or worse now?
    • How do ppl want the goblin to work, do they want goblin to give normal raws or only rairs?
    • how many of thous that answer are tradeskilling or harvesting, and how much do they? Are the goal for them to make a profit or to be self supporting?
    • Do ppl wish goblin made more or less rairs?
    • Are ppl more concerned about a generous goblin disrupt/enriches gameplay for themselves or for others?
    • Maybe include refining questions also a post nerf debate about that also is dividing ppl and where it might be hard to see what the majority of players actually want?
    I'm really curious who is the smaller bunch wining, thous calling for nerf or us (me included) being upset after the nerf. A such poll could sort out what ppl think and want.
    To make everyone happy is not possible but to make as many as possible happy could be achieved!
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We actually had a discussion about this back when F2P was still in its testing phase. People could buy heirloom rares for SC and the general feedback was that was not something people wanted carried into Live.

I don't know that a poll is going to do much. People can have their own opinions on how many rares get put out by this. SOE had their own plan in mind for this. There's a point where things get to be too easy and having too much of anything devalues it and makes it less fun or rewarding to find.

As for the lack of a red response: Can you blame them for not replying in a thread like this? Look at all that's gone on with the mudslinging and the name calling. What's there to say, anyway? The "nerf" kinda speaks for itself.
  12. Guiscard Active Member

What "we" are you referring too? Unfortunately we can see from this forum those who applaud the nerf and demand that everyone have a playstyle similar to theires.

Unfortunately the "we" group have an outsized influence on this game and have a mindset about what is enjoyable and how other players should acquite game items, thus inflicting their playstyle and game views on others.

They feel that "grinding" should be part of the game -- so everything from status to rares should involved mindless, numbing grinding with little or not fun involved. To them that is working to achieve something. They enjoy it and care very little for your opinion if you don't enjoy it.
  13. Prrasha Well-Known Member

"Grinding", as opposed to "click, I got loot"? We have 80-IQ Facebook games for that. (I can play the excluded-middle-fallacy game too!)

I don't know how long you've been in the game, but at launch, rares were rare. I got my first useful-to-my-class rare in tier 4. My feysteel axe was some excellent loot. (Fabled-quality, really, back when Fabled meant raid-dropped.) Was that "too rare"? Yup, but it matched risk/reward (rather, rarity/reward.)

Rares got a bit more common, to the point where experts-and-mastercrafted were expected for any dungeon-delving. And mastercrafted got a bit weaker. And rares got more common yet, to the point where experts-and-mastercrafted were typical kit for solo players. And mastercrafted got weaker yet. And then there were big reitemization changes that made all the gear at lower tiers line up in "treasured/legendary/fabled" lines, with MC being "treasured." And we are where we are today where most mastercrafted stuff is no better than solo mob drops and solo quest rewards.

Things crafted from rares are useless enough; they don't need further rarity/reward balancing due to the goblin loot pinata.
    Deveryn likes this.
  14. Guiscard Active Member

I was in the game from the day it was released. I remember those rares - but back then you could make useful stuff with them till they nerfed what we made at the requrest of whining raiders. So basically rares became useless -- now they create prestige skill which are mostly Rare destroyers so yes I think we should be able to Click and get rares - if they want to make the rare destroyers more popular then they should make it easier to get the rares without mind numbing harvesting. So I think the gobby was fine at release and should revert back to that status --- but then we had whiners who wanted people to go out and mind numbingingly waste time harvesting. HARVESTING IS UNFUN -- it is also worthless - except to the cloak and the pack pony.

The gobby was our rewards for level 95 and should have stayed a rewards not a useless waste of points. If they can't give you something nice as a reward better they give nothing at all - then have it nice and then nerf it to uselessness.

There are a few "we" people in this game that have the money to go to Fan Faire -suck up to the developers and then promote their idea of what makes a game "fun" -- i.e. their playstyle. These are the people that don't like anyone who does not believe in their grinding playstyle to have anything nice as a reward in this game. Personally I see no problem with selling Rares on SC.

If you put something in the game that is a rare destroyer - then make these rares very easy to get.
  15. Prrasha Well-Known Member

You're blaming the mastercrafted gear decline on "complaining raiders", but the money quote from back in the day (from a dev!) was something like "you shouldn't get good gear from just hitting rocks". i.e. a risk/rarity vs reward balancing argument. (Thus began the tradeskillers' long years in the wilderness...)

Ask for less risk and less rarity and they'll... actually I have no idea what they'll do next. There's really nowhere else to nerf mastercrafted down to without removing handcrafted gear altogether and having only one tier of crafted gear...
  16. Guiscard Active Member

Mastercrafted gear is now only good to soak up lower tier rares and transmute. Mastercrafted gear has been rendered useless -- and the new Mastercrafted Fables doesn't use rares it requires Reactants What really bugs me is your quote from Dev. - really they released the game that way and it lasted a while before they swung the Nerf bat on it. What I really dislike is the fact that they know these things in beta - but yet they wait till players are enjoyihng them and having fun and then they nerf them. That is the mentality I don't like and I do believe raiders are responsible for the decline in quality of Mastercrafted -- I remember the whines you hear from them. Back then you good make that good gear you didn't mind harvesting - now it is has become sheer drudgery.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

As a raider, I could care less about MC gear being good. In fact, it makes my life alot easier, as we can get raid-ready applicants and my alts can have gear easier if MC wasn't trash. But, once again, Guiscard is exaggerating. MC up until about lvl 80 is still some of the best gear you can get. By 92, I'll give you that its trash, but that is all on the Dev's head for super-inflating stats with DOV and beyond.

What you tend to forget is things like potions, poisons and consumables have recently seen a decent boost between lvl 80 and 90, so there is still useful crafted/master crafted gear available.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

MC gears sucks at level 80 - you can not buy legendary gear and fabled for all levels cheaper than you can make it. Also I mentor down a main and run dungeons to get gear for alts. Potions -- well health and power aren't as good as SC -- can't speak to poisons. I have always used the cure xxxx potions from about level 85 onwards when I raided - but I stopped raiding - too much of a time sink
  19. Calthine Well-Known Member

I remember that, it was Silverfrost, and it was GU13, when they took out Legendary crafted. We just about lost writs about that time, too.
    Morenin likes this.
  20. avashi Active Member

Don't remember when I posted last lol but just an update while i do not send my goblins out as soon as they can be returned they go out regularly and I have not had one rare returned since i last posted uhm two weeks ago...week and a half? hmmm i findi t hard to believe that I can send mine out over and over with no rare returned to me while others claim to get a regular return O.O If this is factual then Sony REALLY needs to look at the problem ....I mean get real here as i said in last post i dont need another pack pony I already have plenty of them ..grrrrrrr
    Guiscard likes this.