Gathering Goblin: Post Nerf

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

14 goblins checked this morning... 3 rares. That's 14x2 = 28 'goblin hours' of harvesting... for 3 rares. I trip over more rares then that in 10 minutes of harvesting.
    While I can see that the goblins might have been overly generous before.. this heavy a nerf makes the goblin little more then an ugly harvesting pony.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

10 goblins checked and 1 rare total between all 10. Guess we will be back to 50+ plat rares.
    BettyBoop likes this.
  3. Beast Member

Personally, I think it's a good thing. Getting handfuls of rares to click two buttons that would take people actual time to harvest is kinda overkill
    Estred and Feara like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I do harvest... but this is supposed to be a prestige ability.. something cool and useful. Not something that is, now, a complete waste of points. If they want to remove the goblin and put something useful in, that's fine. But, as of right now, it is pointless.
    BettyBoop, amarisa, Estred and 4 others like this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

SOE should change their name to "One hand giveth, the other taketh."

I never did get a saphire on 9 goblins, got plenty of roots. roots needed to be toned down. Osmium was still 60p per on broker.
    Savanna, BettyBoop, Cloudrat and 2 others like this.
  6. Beast Member

I still find it useful. I mean even one rare is better than what u had before right? And with him running every two hours and you harvesting rares will come easy enough..The gobbie was super root heavy anyway so other than roots you didn't get a whole lot of luck. Or I didn't anyway. And osmium is the end game rare as far as I know, why shouldn't it be actually " rare".. I personally enjoy the gobbie now and before either way its more money in my pocket or more twink gear for my Alts I don't have to pay for ..
  7. Guiscard Active Member

There are too many Tradeskiller whiners. We are always getting nerfs to satisfy them. We used to get bonus XP for first time crafting - whiners complained it made levellin go too fast for sages. NERF incoming - lost first time XP but people got more recipes and now everyone forced to grind writs.

We get something nice - Goblin. Once again WHINERS -- it is ruining their broker money. NERF = - now useless.

We can never have anything nice but the whiners make us get a NERF - Most people were happy with the goblin - yet a few complained and they got catered too. Maybe the rest of us need to whine more to keep things.

For a Prestige ability we should ALWAYS GET AT LEAST ONE RARE. Put the goblin back the way he was and just tone down the roors.
    Mycenia, BettyBoop, Tylia and 4 others like this.
  8. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Guiscard, get your facts straight before you call others whiners.

The bonus xp for first time crafting was LESS xp than the change that replaced it. Being 'forced' to grind writs instead of being 'forced' to craft one of everything is much better because you just sold the one of everything back to a vendor and writs give other rewards too, in addition to using vitality slower.

The gobby was finding too many rares. Only people who want things handed to them without effort dont seem to notice it. It is a prestige ability, and it does do something cool. It lets you get some rares without spending any time traveling or harvesting. One rare per day seems good to me, if the numbers above are correctish. Compare that to my having gotten _over a stack_ of roots and almost half a stack of the other rares since expac release. T10 roots were selling for about the same as T1 roots on my server. That's just stupid.

Too much of a good thing makes you just consider the good thing trash.

You've been given 10% more rarefind with your various AA's, and more with potions. If you want rares faster than one a day- go out and harvest.
  9. pon New Member

Thanks SOE for messing up a good thing. Mad cudo's what's next to mess up?
    Savanna, BettyBoop, Tylia and 3 others like this.
  10. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok now you!have done it you have gotten me to look up from my forge and look around at what you call the goblin Harvester. I love the little guy its hard for a Dwarf to say that. But I belive he should never been put in the game to start with. Last I check he was called a rare Harvester what he started out on beta and tha one day later He started to bring back other junk with a rare or 2. And now u are telling us he not even going to harvest rares like he was. What you should do is away with the goblin and put in a quest to update the pack poney for it can harvest rares. That will make alot of people made But I dont care if they want rares they will do the quest or shut up. The SOE way was to try to make everyone happy and it didnt work. But thank you for trying! The next big nerf will be Mass prod you just watch people
    Pijotre, Vuurvink and Cloudrat like this.
  11. Jalek Active Member

I'm sure salvaging and harvesting rates have been hit with /bug and /petition by those who expect to fund buying loot rights from selling rares. What else to do with thousands of plat?
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Feast or Famine, now he usually returns no rares.
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Guiscard Active Member

I seem to remember seeing you spamming in chat selling rares and services etc. So yes I image you are upset as it hurts your business. But the majority of people liked the Gobby. I don't see why we should pay to support your business.
    Tylia and GrouchyMouse like this.
  14. Juraviel Active Member

I agree. They should remove the goblin and come up with something else a bit more useful. I hardly ever got any rares with the goblins across my army of end-game crafters BEFORE the nerf. Today I had the same result, 0 rares out of 14 crafters with goblins. I didnt bother sending them back out and will be respeccing though not sure to what as the other choices are just as bad.
    Savanna, BettyBoop and Guiscard like this.
  15. Guiscard Active Member

That is not a bad idea - but I think for a prestige item we should ALWAYS get 1 rare. Right now he is no better than the pack pony if you are going to get is common junk.

At this level we should have some sort of in-house harvesting ability that returns a rare - -- limit the time you can call him - like once a day - BUT GIVE US ONE RARE FOR THE 5 PRESIGE POINTS WE SPENT.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

You're making this claim mere hours after the patch goes live... I'll have you know I checked my 3 goblins already today and got a couple of rares, including one sapphire. I think its fine. Quit jumping off cliffs over inadequate information.
    Beast likes this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So my goblin brings back nothing,not a single rare on all my toons, then to top it off, they nerf refining so that you have to use triple or more rares to get a refined one for crafting. :confused:

Bad rng on my part?
    Good rng on Mae's part?

time will tell

@Jalek
    the few rares from the Goblin would have lowered the cost, at least if someone was looking to sell them. Pretty hard to fund "loot rights" with gathered crafting rare sales. I can spend 2 hours in any zone and come out with 40+ rares. I just looked at it as a bonus. I think I am more disappointed in the refining.
    BettyBoop and amarisa like this.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

This change was poorly designed. The gobby should ALWASY return a rare - he is a prestige item. But to change it they should have simply made the time a whole lot longer for him to find the rare --- say 12+ hours.

Maybe that would have shut the whiners up.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I don't care how many rares I personally get BUT I did like that the lower level adventure people with high level crafter now had a way to get rares they needed to craft. I didn't see much change in rare prices except for the roots which were getting like 5 to 10 times more than the other rares. I agree it shouldn't bring you back rares every single time and it doesn't need to be 0-10 rares but it should bring back more than it is now that they nerfed this ability. They really needed to give the expansion time before deciding to listen to all the whiniers before nerfing. Give it a couple more weeks at old rare amount and you probably see nice prices again for the rares (like 50 plat or more for osmium isnt nice which is what price was just before nerf) but low level adventure crafters could still make items too.
    BettyBoop likes this.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Sorry. Once again you have opened your mouth before engaging your brain (or memory). My chosen market segment is reactant crafting, not rare crafting. So this has no impact on business, so I am not arguing out of ulterior self-motivation.

And for another thing- you need a citation before you can claim "a majority" supports you. However you should know that it would be meaningless if you did. You might get "a majority" of people in support of pushing a button at character creation to be 95 with 320 AA. It wouldn't be good for the game even if 'a majority' (initially) liked it.

The pack pony required a loooong quest. The gobby requires spending some prestige points. Therefore, the pack pony should be better :p
    amberlia and Beast like this.