Gardening Goblin questions

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Skpamd, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Skpamd Active Member

I was curious is it worth getting rid of our harvesting goblin for the Gardening Goblin? I don't want want to delete the harvesting one if it isn't worth it.
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

The gardening goblin, with the Flowerpot in the end, is the only chance to get this expansions rare harvests, without harvesting the Shadeweave Buds in Obulus Frontier, which are really kind of rare. You get one rare harvest every day, which one is random. As long as you got the pony, you should be good to go, if you are not using 10000 of one material a day =)

Else your tradeskill basic material income gets cut in half. If you put in an hour every now and then just to go harvesting, like I do, you should be really good to go... just a little less lazyness =) or comfort.

But better than cruising obulus frontier for hours without finding a shadeweave bud.

Aunt Edit says:

forgot to mention, in the end of the questline you can hire the gardening goblin as mercenary, but you don't need to, because all you need then is the flowerpot to harvest each day at home.
    Xillean, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  3. Yenk Active Member

This gardening goblin is my best mercenary until now.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

So far I have 9 Garden goblins so for me the answer is easily yes, it is worth it!

I do however also have an additional 10 trades toons with ponies and goblins for regular and holiday harvests so I'm not missing anything

I think the only way this question can be answered by you is do you need regular harvests as well as the KA rares or do you even care about harvests and rares?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you don't care about harvests and rares... consider that you'll get shinies that give a big pack while doing the quests to exchange the goblin for the plant
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Fleurs Active Member

The problem i foresee is, what will happen in 1-2 add on, the plant will give obsolete rare stuff.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

That hits on my reluctance. We don't know if that plant will be updated as we go on to give harvests from future expansions or if the rares from this expansion will just be all that it ever does. If it is never updated, then eventually the rares will be useful only for making house items as the other items will be obsolete. Or am I missing something?

On the other hand, we don't know what will happen with the goblin we have now. Will additional tiers of harvestables be added if we don't turn it in? Or will the max tier it has now be as far as it ever goes?

That said, I'm in the process of making a lot of redundant crafters. I have 3 accounts and on my main account I'm even making duplicate crafters. Eventually some of them will sacrifice their goblin to the plant. The only reason I'm doing that is because of the house items from rares that I want to be able to make.
  8. Faillen Member

Not to forget that as replacement for the goblin you get a buf which decreases the time to harvest by 1 second and which stacks with the usual harvesting tools.

Originally the buf lasted only 10 minutes, but now it is until cancel.

So if you often harvest yourself, it comes quite handy.
    Shmogre and Mermut like this.