Game's font is too small to read.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by CreeperChief, Jan 5, 2019.

1. CreeperChief New Member

Hello, I'm a new player who wanted to try that game out, but i couldn't because the font is too small which makes it hard to read, how to I make the font bigger?
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can't get into the game right now to check but right click in your chat window and there is an option for the font size.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Right click on the chat window and select chat options. There should be a slider at the bottom that allows you to increase the font size.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. CreeperChief New Member

I don't see any chat window
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Then where are you seeing a font?
  6. CreeperChief New Member

At the very start of the game(the menu where it asks you to create a character), all the words are very tiny and hard to read.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I think that means your resolution is set too high, but I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. CreeperChief New Member

My screen's native resolution is 1920x1080 144hz so I have set the resolution accordingly. Tried to decrease the resolution but that didn't help me.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

It's a little patience. Really, in the game chat type size is easily regulated. However the size of fonts about which You write isn't configured in the game, You are farther You see the interface in which also small fonts. Such situation at display resolution for example 1280*1024 (if You want more largely fonts in the char creation screen more largely permission (less numbers) not on your monitor, and in the EQ2Settings.exe utility of the user client, and then - return).
    I think that it will be necessary to change values for fonts in the eq2ui_fonts.xml file (EQii - UI - Default), in the editor. For example there 14, 15 and smaller to change we will tell on 16.
    But it will not turn out so simply.
    Previously it's required to make your UI changeable (because each start recovers former). As it - https://www.eq2interface.com/forums...e2194e76519ee4b78bdc0c10&p=108485&postcount=9
    Game in my opinion is worth it so to bother.
    (I accept small fonts therefore I did not make all these procedures and on.. the truth laziness).
  10. CreeperChief New Member

Sorry but your English is very scuffed, you mean I need to change every value inside the eq2ui_fonts.xml file from 14/15 to 16?
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

well, .. there 12 more is.. Yes, or 17 or large (my English it really only mine, to others is obscure. Not to correct it)
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, you do not need to do that. You can either lower your native resolution to make it larger just while you create a character or at the bottom of the character select screen, there should be an options button, you should be able to find a setting in there which you can change to make the fonts larger. Personally, I would lower my system resolution until I have created a character, then restore my system resolution when I logged in. Then you can right click on the chat box to change those fonts and you can get to a complete options list from the EQ2 menu button and change all the other font settings that you find are too small for you.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  14. CreeperChief New Member

Nevermind, I found what the problem was, I have a screen that has a mode called "Picture by Picture" which makes my 49" screen into 2 27" screens. For some reason when that mode is on the font is being shrunk to a point where it's unreadable.
    By disabling that mode the font is now at a readable size.
    Xianthia, Cyrrena, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out :)
    Xianthia, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.