Game won't launch after the launch screen

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Peraz, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Peraz New Member

Hello people,

So I wanted to try this game but there is an obstacle. When I click "Playing" in the screen the game doesn't launch, the launcher dissapears and I get a fatal error:

So this is how it is. And one more thing that I don't even have that kind of directory in my computer.

Looking forward for the answer!
  2. TSR-SeanF Member

The error you are encountering can often be the result of some corrupted files located within your EverQuest 2 directory. To possibly resolve this matter, you may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.

Once these files are deleted, close the EverQuest 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  3. Peraz New Member

I did everything you said and now I have another problem. I press play, the resolution changes, the EQ icon appears in my Taskbar, cursor changes to EQ2 cursor but is closes 5 seconds later.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Try running the progam EQ2Settings.exe - should be in your EQ2 folder - to setup video and sound sttings to match up with your system, particularly screen resolution.
    Also make sure you have DX9 installed, the game won't run without it and if you're on Win7 or 8 (and I think Vista) DX9 will most likely not be installed.

Download dx9 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
  5. Peraz New Member

*****, pleaaase. I have Windows XP. But thanks, I'm going to try it.

Edit:
    Still doesn't work. Even on "Very high performance". And it looks like game wasn't even launched, I mean not even slight change on computer's performance as example in writing this post. It's like it wasn't even here.
  6. Ivory Member

Not sure where the option is and since I'm at work I can't look it up, but do you have it selected to start in full screen or windows mode? Others have been having the same issue and switching to full screen fixed their problem.
  7. Peraz New Member

I am on Fullscreen.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

One other option, check you have the latest video drivers for your graphics card.
  9. Peraz New Member

It's up to date.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Can you state some specs of you´re system?
  11. Peraz New Member

Processor - 1.7gHz (one core)
    Memory - 768mb ram
    NVidia GeForce 4 MX 440

But I think it's not the point. My computer can run World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King so I don't think it can't run EQ2.
  12. Ivory Member

The game engine is completely different from WoW. With a 1.7GHz processor your going to have turn all your settings all the way down. But I have never been able to get EQ2 to run on any system with less than 1.5GB of ram.
  13. Peraz New Member

At every page I was checking the system requirements. All said that RECOMMENDED are 1GB or 2GB RAM (Mostly said 1gb), so minimum must be 512mb. Processor is good as well, the only thing is wrong is video card I think
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Check out https://www.everquest2.com/news/article?month=012009&id=2046

Your system is below the minimum spec, nevermind the recommended specs.

What are the minimum hardware requirements for running EverQuest II?

Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista
    Processor: 1.5 GHz
    RAM: 1 GB
    Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible; pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 128 MB of texture memory
    Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

What are the recommended hardware specifications for the game?

Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista
    Processor: 2 GHz or greater, dual core or higher
    RAM: 2 GB
    Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible; pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 256 MB or more of texture memory
    Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

But you should also read the rest of the article particularly as you graphics card seems to be well below the required specs, not suprising given it's over 10 years old and predates EQ2's release date by a couple of years.

http://www.gpureview.com/geforce4-mx440-card-127.html
  15. Peraz New Member

I still think it should run. Talking about World of Warcraft, my pc is like 3 times worse, tho I can still play (with low fps ofc) and I get lagg only in 10+ people raids. My video card is 111 or smthng like that texture memory, RAM is definitely. Game can lagg cuz of 256mb ram, but not crash because of it.

WOW:WOTLK requires Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2. I have Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
    1GB RAM required on XP. I've played on 512mb before.
    Minimum GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 orATI Radeon X1600 Pro (256 MB) orIntel HD Series
    I have GeForce4 MX 440. Please just think about my pc as it can run it. I just believe so. Try to suggest something of other sources, not only performance.
  16. Ivory Member

Why are you talking about WoW? You are comparing Apples and Oranges! They are built on completely different game engines.

I can get 40-50 MPG out of my Harley why can I not get that kind of mileage from my pickup? They are the same year model after all...
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Seffrid Active Member

So you think a game should run on specs that are below the minimum recommended? Why do you think they quoted those specs?

If you go into a restaurant and pay for a rump steak, do you then complain because you think the waiter should still have brought you a fillet steak?

Upgrade your system to meet the minimum (or preferably the recommended) requirements and you'll be able to run the game just fine.
  18. Peraz New Member

Ok, then I give up on this game :( . Lock the topic, please.
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The game is probably just not launching because your video card can render the most fundamental aspects of the graphics.

Comparing it to WoW means nothing. The demands WoW puts on hardware is a mere fraction of what EQ2 requires since EQ2's overall graphical performance and fidelity is much higher. Being able to barely run WoW guarantees you won't be able to run EQ2. Heck even if you could run WoW adequately EQ2 probably still wouldn't run very well.
  20. Seffrid Active Member

I assume you meant cannot render.