Game-Wide Assassin Channel

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-deaks, Jul 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

2005-Nov-12: Guk.assassin has become the de-facto serverwide Assassin channel. Various servers host their own channel by the same name mainly for linking purposes only.

Is there a game-wide assassin channel that people have been using?

In anticipation of the upcoming combat changes and the expansion due later this year the Guk assassins are beginning to gather and get to know each other. If there isn't already a game-wide channel that you prefer to use for assassin chat you are welcome to join us in Guk.assassin (no password). If there is a good assassin channel already let us know about it and we'll drop by to chat from time to time.

Update: Reposted usage for the /join[channel] command with example usage for various permutations of the command into this original post.

/join[channel] Server.ChannelName
    /joinchannel Guk.assassin
    /joinchannel guk.assassin
    /join Guk.assassin
    /join guk.assassin

Refer to the official SOE guide to chat for more information.
    Message Edited by deaks on 11-12-2005 06:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-ERROR Guest

Sounds good. I'll stop by and check it out.
  3. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

A bunch of assassins stopped by tonight to chat from various servers. Prime time for the people who were chatting was around 6-7pm Pacific.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Nice, ive been looking for a channel like this, id be happy to join.
  5. ARCHIVED-Armill Guest

wait do all you have to do is join the Guk.channel and it will let you cross server chat or do you have to enter anything else thats special.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nabu_gow Guest

i would like to know this as well
  7. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

I can confirm that all you need to type is /join[channel] Server.ChannelName (as in /joinchannel Guk.assassin) to join a channel hosted on a server other than your own.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aanak Guest

Quick question... If I'm on Guk, can I just /join assassin without the server name before it?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kabahl Guest

Yes.

Charn the Loyal, 60 Assassin, Toxxulia
  10. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

i've had this channel on for quite a while now and rarely hear anything from the denizens lurking within. Might just be the fact that i live in britain though...
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

I asked a few questions re weapons and armour in there last night and got helpful answers (this from a newbie Level 36 Assassin point of view).
    So thumbs up from me.
    Sark on behalf of Slaene.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aienaa Guest

I'm in there quite often and even have it up on my alts.... Hehe... even my Troubador friend asked me to give her the channel name so she could get on there also =)

Gwern - 60 Assassin - Kithicor
  13. ARCHIVED-darkvoice69 Guest

This is an excellent channel to grab some info and just chatter in. I'm normally lurking in there even when I'm raiding.

However, lately we've been getting inundated with other classes, random healers, fighters, and *ick* rangers. So take advice from some of them with a grain of salt.

We made a "subchannel" too sorta. If you want to hear and tell sick, gross, nasty, off-color, disturbing jokes, drop on into najena.eviljokes :)

Just keep the racist jokes out of there please. We don't appreciate them.

Keltoth - 60 Assassin - Najena
    Message Edited by darkvoice69 on 02-05-200611:18 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Yea, kinda made me mad how other classes snuck into our channel...i snuck into the ranger one lol, cuz my server hosts it, so if they need links on some stuff i'm there to help and lately been hearing about them whine about LU19 nerf on them, i kinda laugh at them alot :D
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaedian Guest

If I set it up on my assassin, will I auto join on my sk as well? I'd hate to fall into that "inundation" group ;) but would love a place to ask the occaisional assassin question. Oddly enough I started as an sk and ended as a rogue in EQ1, looks like it may happen again here in EQ2.
  16. ARCHIVED-Paradigmer Guest

Nope, it will only auto join with your assassin. Not with any other character.
  17. ARCHIVED-DementedGerbil Guest

WTb soe makes this channel autojoin for all assassins... hrmmm secondthought that might be bad..... tomany people yelling at tig!
  18. ARCHIVED-Dracorat Guest

I am on a PvP server and it appears I cannot join this channel. I think it is restricted or something. =(
  19. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Yes, if you are on the PvP server you are stuck by yourself. You cannot send cross-server tells, or join cross-server chat channels.
  20. ARCHIVED-Azubelzo Guest

I haven't seen anyone speak on this channel, is it still being used?

Thanks!

Traytor