Game update notes today..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rargo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

This, although I'd personally recommend doing the whole of Manor every 90 minutes, because all 5 bosses have a shard in their loot table, and if you don't need it, someone in your guild might.

Those people who have finished this quest have been doing this sort of thing I assure you.
  2. Shimizu New Member

Yeah, I get that. Theoretically. Sure.

But if what people are saying, that the scepter is completely useless outside a raid scenario ..
    And if you have to finish the quest to buy the thing from the vendor ...
    Surely finishing the quest gives you a scepter, yes?
    So is the only purpose of this being on the vendor to like, replace yours if you accidentally delete it?

Or is this one of those things that unlocks account wide so your alts can have a fancy stick they can't do anything with?

Sorry, not trying to be pedantic. To me, putting this on the vendor was just a big "screw you, you can't have this."
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

That one. And the rune is on there too, in case your alts will find that useful too. So calm down. Want it? Earn it. Everyone who has it has earned it.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing this statement, but I'd also say there's people out there who have earned it, because they've busted their *** running zones and don't have it. The implication that if you don't have it, you haven't put in any time or work is both inaccurate and ludicrous. When game mechanics are the same for everyone is this game where loot is concerned based on how hard you work, not how effin' lucky you are on loot tables/rolls, then I'll be behind you 100%. Unfortunately, that simply isn't the case.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

Certain challenge mobs drop them 100%. Granted those mobs are annoying and all that but it is what it is. I think our guild has 11 completed and 5 or 6 within 2 or 3 to go. It may be aggravating but higher rolls for them obviously comes from higher skill content. Not saying raiding is higher skill but it’s always presumed to be.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And this time later after my initial post, still at two shards with no new additions and still not seeing the fabled 100% drop rate in either raid or doing weeklies. In fact, a group of us completed weeklies with ZERO shard drops. Raid gave us 2 after 6 hrs of raiding over the weekend.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

When u do raid, are you doing challenge? Challenge raid is 100% drop off certain mobs.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

@Revanu most of the time, yes. Occasionally, we'll run something else if someone needs an update that's relatively new.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That being said, I run groups on a daily basis, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, in addition to duo-ing certain zones for these shards. I am down to 2, neither of which I have EVER seen in a heroic zone - Summoning and Haze. These two are so rare they're either obsolete or they need their drop rate boosted. 3 runs a day, x 30/31, for 2 months (90+93 = 183) + at least 3/4 of those days as duo-ing in addition to, (183 x 0.75= 137.25...) (183+137 = 320)...so at least 320 runs, and NEVER. SEEN. THESE. TWO. SHARDS. IN. HEROICS. That's insanely ridiculously low drop rate. And this is just math based on 3 runs a day. Some days, I did more. Please. Do something about this. You said these were in heroics. Prove it. Improve the drop rate. Let me (and others, of course,) see it. I am sick of the, "Oh, just run these raids to get them." Not everyone can just build a group on a whim for raiding, and some of the raid mobs cannot be one grouped with a gen pop group. (I also have to conserve my timers on my raid main, who raids 4 days a week.) If they're in heroics, make them drop more often. (BTW, Haze, I can't even find on a heroics chart anywhere, not in the multiple guilds' spreadsheets I've gone through, nor on Census, nor on Wire, or Wiki. This tells me it's entirely too rare if it's not even listed as being in a heroic zone anywhere.)
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I had to laugh this am reading Mercy's comment and noticing mine right above it. Almost a month later, I have doubled my number of shards to a big whopping 4. Still running raids three nights a week--most of them challenge. Nope, we don't have a problem with drop rates...
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

In my raid guild, we have a whole 5 people who have finished. One of them runs their own group through T1 raids. In an active raid guild, after this long, that's very unimpressive. The main raiders *should* be done by now. Most all of them are stuck on the big 3: Flora, Haze, or Summoning.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Flora can drop of first mushroom in manor, all I can suggest is solo / duo the first name and rest in 90 minutes :eek:
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

yeah. i've gotten this one. I'm stuck on the other two. haze and summoning. i think 5 or 6 people in my guild are stuck on the same two, with a few more on the last 3. these other two, i've never seen, except summoning, once in raid. haze is a myth as far as i know.