Game update notes today..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rargo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Rargo Active Member

Maybe they forgot to mention....

ITEMS
    • Festra Shallowfoot has discovered a new supply chain and is able to offer some interesting rewards for Shadowmarks and Marks of Twilight. Items added:
      • Scepter of Shadows for 500 Marks of Twilight
      • Umbral Eye: Green Adornment for 500 Marks of Twilight
      • Rune: Ragebourne Insight for 500 Shadowmarks
      • Vindicator's Rune of Greater Mysteries for 500 Shadowmarks
      • REQUIRES BINDING TO THE DARK QUEST COMPLETION FOR THE ITEMS YOU REALLY WANT.
    Jrox, Cassta and Zeddicious like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yep gninja said in discord that the text in notes were vague
    id thought they would edit them

but come on, you think they would just give out the items this soon?
  3. Rargo Active Member

Since the quest is impossible for 99.9% of the players it would be nice to throw us a bone.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'd suggest either raising the drop rate substantially OR when it does drop, make it a group loot thing, so everyone who does need it for the quest gets it. I can assure you that if it is needed for the next xpac and this is mid-August, there's going to be a substantial number of players who are going to waltz into that xpac not having completed this quest because the drop rate is atrocious.
    Hartsmith, Cassta, Hiza and 2 others like this.
  5. Adept Active Member

Never seen a drop for this quest and had made my peace that I would never complete it. It is seems important however that those luckier then me (and no doubt raiders) can equip all the alts on their account with it easily. I continue to feel this quest was put in purely to taunt me o_O
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The Scepter of Shadows is only really useful for raiders, the debuff only affects certain BoL raid mobs (challenge? I dunno). Yes, the green rune is OK, but it's possible that the crit bonus overcap rune is still stronger.

If you don't raid, why are you getting upset about not getting this item? What do you actually want it for? An ornament?

If you do raid, you're most likely either finished or nearly finished by now.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Well gee. Uber snobbery already? Just because many do not raid doesn't mean they don't want to better their toons and enjoy getting a little better stats. I believe the last time I looked at MY credit card, I payed the same thing as other do.
    Hartsmith and Cassta like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We raid three times a week and I've seen two drops towards the quest. RNG hates my azz. We've got some players with 5 or 6 and absolutely NO ONE has completed it.
  9. Occam Well-Known Member

1. How is saying that the Scepter is only useful for raiders snobbery? It's literally in the description of the item. If you don't raid, you don't need it.

2. Yes, the green adorn is nice, but it's not so amazing that it'll make or break anyone's game. If I never get it I won't be upset and it won't affect my game experience.

3. EQ2 has ALWAYS been a progression game. Solo > Heroic > Raid. You work though one level so you can get to the next. If you're happy just soloing, awesome! You don't need heroic or raid gear to be perfectly content soloing. However, the further along the path you go, the more important that gear becomes. You literally CAN'T raid successfully unless you've acquired a certain level of gear. If you're not raiding you don't need raid quality gear to be successful.

Demanding something you don't need and haven't earned just because you paid for the game is the definition of both p2w and entitlement.
    WhysperWynde, Snikkety and Cravaro like this.
  10. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is the same boat we are in. Not only are we seeing very few of these drop, we are seeing the same ones drop repeatability so no one is close to completing. It is mid August, and this is the typical lure with a carrot for the entire expansion with no real hope of completing it, nor completing it to use it during progression.

I would love to see the drop rate significantly increased across the board, for Heroic Weekly rewards, Raid Weekly rewards, Expert Zones, it doesn't really matter just increase it so that people actually get to use the thing while it is still current equipment. Everyone wants to be able to complete the quests, its ridiculous to make them so rare, it just turns off the players.
    Cassta and Bhayar like this.
  11. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Beating up the Deadhorse " I pay the same as You" is getting old. What it means is that every player has the same access to the same zones as in the same files on your PC.
    If you do not raid than this your conscious decision. What you are saying is " I only play Solo and want the same items as player who choose to raid (as an example)".
    Breanna and Cravaro like this.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

it drops in heroics, but some of the shards seem very rare

i wish the drop rate was raised slightly in heroics
    Cassta, Hiza and Breanna like this.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Having cleared the expansion (minus the contested), I have yet to see the use of the spectre. Cannot say that I have come across any fight where you are required to use it. May be the contested would have something in the script or the new PoW content, who knows..
  14. Gninja Developer

If you are seeing the same ones repeatedly then you are killing the same bosses repeatedly. Each have a place they drop in heroics and 2 places they drop in raids. The item will be used next expac for raids. It will not be required for anything else. It will also continue to drop into the next expac in places located in that area so you won't have to go back to BoL content to get it if you still have not completed it.
    Natalie, Jrox, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The Scepter of Shadows was the key to Vex Thal in EQ1. Seeing as we already know we're going to the dark side next xpac, I would guess that it's likely to be a key again this time round. Who knows, maybe they have some other cool ideas for it. Right now I'm not entirely convinced the scepter does anything besides damage. The 5% increase in damage doesn't appear to do anything noticeable. That said we have one mob left to go plus the contested, so maybe that's what the debuff is for?

I can't speak for everyone who has completed it, but I can speak for my guild. We have a spreadsheet. It has all sorts of useful tabs, and one of them is scepter of shadows shard drops. So what we've been doing has been targetted. We know what drops from what and when someone is close to completing it, we hit specific raid zones to get their scepter finished.

A few of us who can run heroics either solo/dual box or with a friend, hit the heroic zones with the shards we miss repeatedly too. If you really want it, it's doable, just don't ask for it to be handed to you on a silver plate. Earn it like the rest of us have.
    Kuulei and CSP84 like this.
  16. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Thank you for the additional input, would it be feasible to increase the drop rate across the board then so that everyone can enjoy the item, not only the scepter but the green adorn as well? We clear the expert consistently multiple times a week, and while we have not completed all of the raid progression, I believe clearing regular and challenge raids weekly should also produce additional pieces. Again, why can this not be added to the raid reward instead of the terribly overrated RNG that has been broken for years.

While it is nice that it will still drop next xpac, it would be nice to complete it this year again during the year it was released.

Just a thought.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Gninja Developer

The droprate is based on the difficulty. The harder bosses to kill (assuming they drop one) will drop them at a higher percentage drop. They are 100% in some cases.
  18. Gwalchmai Member

The problem with heroic Lucid Shards is that their individual drop rates are highly variable. To all intents and purposes, my morning group has run all heroic zones 5 to 6 times a week since the introduction of the quest ~ roughly 66 total clears. So far we’ve found 51 shards, with a very uneven distribution:

DAWN – 0
    HAZE – 1
    SUMMONING – 1
    FLORA – 0
    STATUS – 20
    ENERGY – 9
    ANGER – 4
    TIME – 6
    CONTEMPT – 8
    MIND – 2

The drop rates for each shard are clearly not the same, some are frustratingly low. If the drop rates could at least be equalized, that would be helpful. A group of six do not need 20 STATUS shards. Even better, I’d like to see the drop rates raised in heroics because we are getting frustrated.

Lucid shards are all known to drop from 2 heroic encounters each (excepting one shard). We are not killing the encounters that drop STATUS any more than other encounters, in fact we are trying to avoid those recently. Each shard drops from 2 raid encounters (4 each if you count challenge as separate mobs), but STATUS drops from 3 (6) [of course]. You guys really want us to have STATUS shards for some reason.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Gninja Developer

They are not the same, you are correct. However they are equal. Each shard has 2 places it drops one at one drop rate and one at a different drop rate. Where they drop from plays into that. The more difficult bosses are going to drop them more often than lesser bosses. Same applies to raids, only higher drop rates since you are competing with more players. The main use of this item is in raiding and raiding next expac. You CAN get it from heroics but its a lesser chance.
    Natalie, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  20. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I assume you mean there are 2 places each shard drops in heroic zones, and from our research there are 2 places each shard drops in raid too.