Game Update 03 Jan 2013 - ST Contested Quests?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Jrel, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

"QUESTS Sleeper's Tomb [Contested] Now has dropped and POI quests that can be used to earn Obol, spirits and more! "

Can't find the NPCs for these quests in EW or inside the contested zone. Are they drop quests?
  2. Avianna Well-Known Member

hmmm please allow me to be captain obvious for a second
    Greyskull likes this.
  3. Greyskull New Member

It says right in your Quote, "DROPPED and POI (Point of Intrest- item clickies)
  4. Le Clown Active Member

hey guys are these dropped items or quests from NPC's?
  5. Jrel Well-Known Member

Ahhh, my bad. It looked like incorrect grammar so I ignored it. o_O

"QUESTS Sleeper's Tomb [Contested] Now has dropped (should be 'drop') and POI quests that can be used to earn Obol, spirits and more! "
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Ran that today...aside from a few of the body drop quests actually dropping prob I saw is that unless you have your access quest done or bought the access key from the steward your only getting the 2p and not the obol as a reward. In addition the drop ratio from obols to essences to body drop quests in contested was simply abysmal...2 hours in contested and only 2 body drop quests? The quest clickys need to be little more than there are but whatever another possible good idea failing due to improper implementation....next.
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I think they boxed themselves into a corner again, and left no wiggle room for escape.

In previous expansions, 'faction gear' was what, ~75-90 thingies at launch? You got a thingie for each quest, a thingie in the final named chest, there was a steady progression of thingies towards your goal. New sources for thingies could be introduced without unbalancing things.

In this expansion, they cost 10. That's it, 10. You need far fewer, so to compensate, you get far fewer. I don't know which is the chicken, and which is the egg - did they decide to make them rare, and lower the price - or did they lower the price, and decide to make them rare... But regardless, the two are linked.

This leaves them so little room to increase the drop rate without making them irrelevant, that they can only bump it up a hair at best. Anything more, and by the end of next week, we'll all be complaining about these useless obols we're amassing.
  8. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Problem is the stewards gear isnt that great tbh certain pieces are ok but by and large their meh....compared to body drop quest items from skyshrine to coe sleepers contested its not even close....in a full group of 6 we got exactly 2 body drop quest items over the course of 2 hours....which tbh means todays update was near meaningless..

As for previous xpacs faction gear with skyshrine you needed a dozekar head(100% drop rate and anyone could loot them as long as they were in group for kill) from the group zone to purchase faction armor/weapons/random mystery chest....the most costly thing being the armor/weapons at 12 plat each....stewards gear costs twice that platwise and for 10 obols and whatever essence you need (drop rate is disgustingly small and can only be looted if you either finished the access quest or purchased a access key from the steward).

Given the fact that solo/heroic loot drops are garbage and it keeps getter better and better jokewise.
  9. Adaac Member

We also spent around 2.5 hrs in st contested today, the clickie quests are one Obol and 2 plat, the body drops, of which we got only two in all that time were also for one Obol and 2 plat. The obol are worth nothing without the essences to spend with them what is the point of all the obol if you still cannot buy any needed gear with them. On a side note we have been running heroic zones several times a week and have not seen any, repeat ANY essences drop in any zone.
  10. Gaarysal Active Member

Completed all 12 quests (6 drops, 6 POI) and got nothing but 12 obols and 24 plat. Strongly feel like I am missing something seeing as the skyshrine and kael quests of this sort had a silent quest to talk with an NPC to get the 'bigger' reward or at the very least a title. Tried every NPC I could possibly think of related to CoE and ST but to no avail. The patch notes clearly state "obols, spirits, and more" where is the spirits and more? There is nothing at all intuitive about this as to where to go after completion. If the only reward was 12 obols and 24 plat the patch notes straight up lied and that was the worst several hours I've ever spent in game.

P.S. the drop rates of the quest starters are horrible and the POIs are very hard to see but have already started appearing on EQ2Maps.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Was the biggest waste of my time today...they seriously need to rethink and work out the bugs with their new currency and all the quests they put in for them.
  12. J7critter New Member

I too am wondering where the quests for Greater Spirits and essences are. Obols were already easy to acquire just by killing overland mobs. Hopefully the quests for the spirits and essences just haven't been found yet.
  13. Gaarysal Active Member

The obol quests from the POIs are good, can easily pick them up and are, with 1 or 2 exceptions, setup to where you didn't kill the mobs you need getting to the clickie. In a full 6 person group they can probably be completed in under an hour and would net a total of 36 obols per group which is way more than you'd see just doing instances or overlands for an hour.

But yea either there's something everyone is missing here or the patch notes are wrong. As per my post above I believe we are missing a 1 time turnin for full completion of all obol quests just like kael had that gave 15 shards. I'd assume that reward would be a couple spirits and a title at the very least. (I'm hoping for a choice of essence).
  14. Vicah Member

So... is there anything that continues on these quests after the 6 dropped and 6 POI quests or not? Pretty lame (and misleading) if there isn't anything else.
  15. Le Clown Active Member

this now makes two times I have completely wasted my time going into this zone, thanks sony!

also, do you think you could add moar power drains pls?