Game On to interview Linda "Brasse" Carlson about SOE's F2P Model! (Jan 28th at 9pm EST)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnus, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Nocturnus Member

Game On will be having Linda “Brasse” Carlson on the show LIVEto discuss SOE’s current Free to Play Model: How well it’s doing, common criticisms and inconsistencies and how SOE intends to address them, and the plans that the company has for its future.We will also be asking as many guest questions from our IRC Channel as is possible!

Tune in to Online Gaming Radio on Monday, January 28that 9pm Eastern Time (8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific) to hear the show live and connect to the IRC Channel!
    You can also post questions here, and i'll try to compile as many of the good ones as I can as listener questions should we have time. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that I will ask your question, but i'll get as many as I can. :)
  2. Gideon Member

vanguard just went F2P with a great system, if it works well i can see soe migrating their vanguard F2P to eq2.

all content,classes and races are free.
    f2p pays higher marketplace prices,in game broker prices, and are restricted on the equipment they can use.there are other in game perks for paid subs too. overall its a great system.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

And the gear restrictions aren't quite as crippling. Remember though, Vanguard also blatantly sells real gear on their Marketplace, though from what I can tell it's pretty much just lazy leveling gear and nothing mindblowing. I wonder how much they make on those skeleton keys though.
  4. Terein Active Member

I was actually thinking of trying Vanguard again until you mentioned that they sell real gear on their Marketplace, now I'll probably never try it again. Oh well.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't let that deter you from trying the game out anyway. From what I could tell it really wasn't a huge factor and it allows the game to operate on a much more lenient FTP model, which works out better for everyone in the end. The best leveling gear is still the highest quality player crafted gear.

The only reason I play EQ2 over VG is that all of my friends are here and I can't convince them to switch. VG has all of the depth that this game has lost over the years.
  6. Terein Active Member

Oh I know Vanguard is a great game, but them selling gear screams that they don't care about the health of the game to me. That's the same reason I originally quit EQ2, the direction of the Marketplace was going somewhere I didn't like. They seem to be doing a lot better with this game now though.
  7. R.J. MacReady Active Member

SOE's single greatest trait is also their most horrific.

Patience.

They are so good at pushing the boundaries of RMT's so slowly that you barely notice.
    They will not stop till the only thing not for sale is raid gear (maybe)
  8. Nocturnus Member

We will be asking about the difference between VG's and EQ2's models and if there might be a chance EQ2 could see some of those benefits taken on as well. :)
    Terein likes this.
  9. mouser Well-Known Member

They hadn't released so much as a hotfix for the game in over a year before this. Any attention they're giving it at all has got to be showing more care for the game than they were. I will say longtime Vanguard players have got to be the most "loyal" of any MMO. Not many would put up with that kind of (non) treatment from the game developers.

Now I wonder what my All Access gives me there now. Damn, gonna have to go and install it...
    Terein likes this.
  10. Nocturnus Member

This is tonight! :)
  11. Nocturnus Member

We're on the air in 15 minutes (or so)!
  12. Nocturnus Member

For those of you who missed it...

You can download/listen to the podcast HERE!

I would add it to the original post if I were allowed to edit it. :( Sorry about the delay! We were having website troubles.