Cannot Reproduce Game leaves a process running after closing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Prayos, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Prayos Well-Known Member

Every time I close the game, whether I /camp, /exit, or /quit, the EQ2 Client Application starts running as a background process. When I load the launcher, the "Play" button is greyed out and says "Playing..", then the launcher disappears. This happens 100% of the time.

Some data about my machine (if anything else is needed, let me know):

Version: 22H2
    OS Build: 22621.1265
    CPU: i7-10700 @2.90GHz
    RAM: 32GB
    Video Card: NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
    Drivers: 531.18
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

What's the name of the process that it leaves running? I played it today on my system without issue but I don't start EQ2 from the launcher. I just run the EverQuest2.exe process manually after I've checked for updates with the launcher and then closed the launcher. Yes, it does ask me to log in each time but I've just got in the habit of running it this way.
  3. Prayos Well-Known Member

I put that in the original post.

4. Ephras Active Member

I logged out of EQII five minutes ago and when I check my Task Manager Apps and Background processes I don't see anything there starting with EQ2 or Everquest2. Not sure if this helps you Prayos but just so you know.

Ephras
  5. Ejiju Member

Do you have an NZXT AIO liquid cooler by any chance? The NZXT CAM application has a hardware acceleration and game overlay function that does not interact well with the EverQuest II processes.