game keeps crashing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by sonoske, Dec 1, 2019.

1. sonoske Active Member

anyone else having loading issues where the game keeps crashing.. even after full download and validate?
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

My EQ2 craches 100% when using high quality grafics and zoning into some Guildhalls. Reducing the texture quality one step solves this.
  3. Deckerd Smeckerd Active Member

I would make sure your computer system meets all the minimum requirements. I learned to check this early for the same reason once. If it happens while loading, check your ram. Something in your hardware (or lack of) might be causing the fault.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would recommend working your way through the Guide to Optimizing Display Performance. EQ2 uses CPU to render most of the graphics, and depending on your computer you may be able to run everything maxed out... or you may not.

If it's still crashing with the graphics set to Extreme Performance, are you getting any messages when this happens?

Do you have DirectX 9.0c specifically (higher versions such as the one Win 10 installs won't do, you can have multiple versions installed with no problems)? You can get DirectX 9.0c directly from Microsoft.
    Leloes and Breanna like this.