Game keeps crashing in North Qeynos

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juraiya, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Seriously. I sent a character there to look at something, and as soon as he zoned into NQ, the game crashed. I re-launched the game, and as soon as I selected him and hit Play, the game crashed. Tried it yet again, and yet again another crash.

Things are a bit unstable now, I guess? Or more than a bit. I wouldn't have thought North Qeynos would be a problem, but obviously it is. I'm a bit disturbed that I essentially can't access that character now.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

try these:
    from the LaunchPad cross-wrench, go to game configuration, and set the graphics to a lower setting.
    OR [by not pre-selecting a character on LaunchPad]
    just go into Character Select, and Options at bottom of screen to accomplish the same setting reduction,...
    Juraiya likes this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm not selecting a character on launchpad. I never select a character on launchpad. With about ninety characters on my main account, it would be crazy to even attempt to do that. I always go to Character Select, log on first to my main (who is always my last to log off from, so always shows up on my Character Select screen), and then do a /camp charactername to go to any specific one I'm trying to get to. In this case, because this character was the last one I was on, he was at the bottom of my character select screen, and I was selecting him directly.

I've done as you suggested (I hadn't even realized I could do that), and set it to Extreme Performance. Which is terrible for graphics, but it's what I used during Dragon Attack as well. I'm also validating the files; that's going to take a while, so I'll have to get back to you on whether lowering the graphics fixes it.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

okie! hope it is just an odd graphics issue,...
    buuuut,... with the recent patch,.. the problem could be the phase of the moon,... pun intended? ;)
    edit:
    I just went into NQ myself, currently using Balanced graphics, and no seeming issue at this time,... (if this info helps)
    edit edit:
    I am on Maj'Dul, if this helps,..
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it's still doing it. :(

I guess I'm going to have to skip that character for a while. Not sure what else to do now.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

too bad there is not an option like in EQ1, where from character select, one could choose Sent to Home City, or some such.
    either it is the character or the zone,... try a different character going into same city portion and see what happens.
    if no issue on second character, send in Support Ticket to have character moved.
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I should probably mention that it STARTS to log in the character. I see him, and I see the NQ docks as they are beginning to load, all frozen up and still rather dark, and after about 20 seconds or so it just crashes. No warning, no error, just... gone.

Yeah, I remember that option. It was very useful on occasion, particularly if you got stuck somewhere that you couldn't get out of because you were really too low level. Happened to me once or twice, at least. Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about it, because it's been so long since I played. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

hhhmm,.. a bit more of an advanced idea, as the game client is reading the hard drive to load the various graphics into memory for display, *IF* the OS has trouble reading the hard drive's sector(s) where those files are located, this could be the root of your problem,... (I can give more guidance should this prove the problem)
    try a second character going to the SAME spot as the stuck character and see what happens,...
    if the second character loads/lands/walks around, then probably not hard drive/file issue, but with the character itself.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Argosunited beat me to it. But yeah, give that a shot and see if it fixes it.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ohhh... Yeah, I do use EQ2maps. That would be a real bummer, but I'll try it.

Edit: That was it. I'm able to log in to that character now.

Is this a problem with the game's coding, or EQ2 Maps? I'm wondering who - if anyone - would be working on it: DBG, or the makers of EQ2 maps.
    Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  12. Pijotre Well-Known Member

We had an issue with eq2map earlier. We since have patched the offending file and it should work now, try rerunning the patcher. Had nothing to do with DBG, was an issue on our end.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It's not affecting everyone with EQ2 maps so it's an odd one. I hope it's sorted quickly.
    I'd be totally lost literally if I couldn't use it, I'm very glad I didn't have to remove it.

edited to say, THANK YOU! <3
    Breanna, Juraiya and Pijotre like this.