Game crashes everytime I try to /camp

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-kelvmor, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

It's really annoying. I have to restart the client everytime I want to change characters.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zekit Guest

Same thing happening to me too. Seems to have started after the Thursday 9/27 patch.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seffrid Guest

Try checking out the Tech Support board, this is Gameplay. Any fixes are likely to have been discussed there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sannavekk Guest

******** Update full file scan seems to have done the trick, yay! ********
    No it didn't see my next post. It seemed to work temporarily...but..no
    It started for me as well on wed. Or Thursday. There's nothing new on it in the support area. I am doing a full file scan now. I get a white screen the game just hangs. I change toons a lot so it's quite annoying
  5. ARCHIVED-SteelPiston Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    ARRGHHH. The same thing happens to me now. SOE needs to get this fixed a.s.a.p. /camp is broken.
  6. ARCHIVED-tunnelassembler Guest

I am crashing upon camping, too. The full scan did not fix it for me.
  7. ARCHIVED-desaril11 Guest

Well hmmm, I came to the forums to see if anyone else was having the same issue I was and low and behold! Lately everytime I /camp or /camp <character name>, my eq2 client stops working. I have to reload the client and I am able to get right back in, but it is HIGHLY annoying, especially when I am camping to clear a combat bug or something. I am currently running a full file scan to see if that resolves it, and hopefully when it is done I wont have anymore issues, we will see.
  8. ARCHIVED-FrankMullen Guest

Yeah, since the patch I've not been able to switch characters, crash every time.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sannavekk Guest

Yep I am back to crashing every time I /camp to switch toons. I did a full scan then I played for a bit and camped toons in and out. I thought that fixed it. Apparently not. Next game session I was crashing again. It all started with the we'd or thur patch. It's a nightmare. Maybe it's the launcher doing something
  10. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

This started happening to me today. I try to camp to different character and it just kicks me to character select, which I guess would be "good" if once I selected a character it would actually log it in instead what it does is it just kicks back to character select. In a really not funny loop.
    I tried relaunching game completely, tried verifying assets and it's still happening.
  11. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Bump. Still happening to me as well. Strangely only on one toon, the others are able to /camp normally, but anytime my inquisitor uses the command the game crashes.
    An acknowledgement would be awesome. Especially since the thread has been shunted off to support to die.
  12. ARCHIVED-vandiggy Guest

This is now an issue for me on my characters as well. And I also change characters quite a bit. This crash problem links in with the zoning crash, so I tend to get it twice as bad. And yes, I post in that thread as well about this issue. It all started after the Sleeper's Tomb update.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

same here thought it was a problem with my comp, glad to see it's not.
  14. ARCHIVED-daray Guest

Same issue for me. Occasionally seems to happen on zoning too.
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hey guys! Are you guys still crashing when attempting to camp? (Just checking to see if it was a temporary issue or if it's still happening)
  16. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I played this evening (Monday eve) and it was fine, no issues when I camped to different toons.
    Was something going on on Sunday to cause this? or whenever it started for others.
  17. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    Still happening.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sannavekk Guest

Yes this still happens everytime except for the fix I have discovered.
    You know how when you launch the game from the launcher after a small amount of time the launcher goes away? If I bring the launcher up... don't use it, but then camp in eq2 it works fine.
    So it has something to do with something looking for the launcher is my guess
  19. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Have you guys submitted a ticket? If so, please PM TSR Seanf or Myself so we can personally look into this.