Game crash

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by fyrstorm, Jan 18, 2018.

1. fyrstorm New Member

Has anyone else had the game crash and when tried to reload game gave error code of steam_api.dlll unable to run or is missing from game? I have downloaded the game several times and the downloaded crashes trying to download and install the steam_api.dlll.
  2. Sphyx New Member

Yes. I am having the same problem. On two different machines with two different operating systems. Leads me to believe that it's something that came in Thursday's patch. I have reformatted and reinstalled windows (several times now). With a fresh install, EQ2 installed and my anti-virus suite, I still get the same problem. I have sent several emails to DBG tech support ... waiting on them to look into it.

I don't even use steam or have it installed on my computer.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I am using Steam to launch EQ2 but I don't have such problem.
  4. Silvergoat New Member

Same problem here. Worked Wednesday. Not working now. Missing Steam_api.dll error. Multiple uninstall/installs later, with and without antivirus and admin privileges, still get the same error message.

Unable to write to c:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest II/steam_api.dll - then it gives a patch reference. Any ideas?
  5. Arisune Fallen Gate New Member

I have the same problem. Unable to write "steam_api.dll". I usually play from steam but have tried a clean install from the the home page here with no luck.
  6. Tavinah New Member

After playing over a year with never seeing this issue, and up to just 12hrs prior to running into this issue, I and my husband now can not play due to this "unable to write to steam_api.dll". I first downloaded the game from steam a year a go and he did it directly from the everquest2 website so it can not be pinned as a steam issue alone. We both had uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times, did deep scans for virus's, tried to download just that .dll and drop it into both the wow64 and directly into everquest install file to no avail. There is no "not enough memory issue stuff. I've validated the game so many times as far as it would allow before stopping again due to that missing steam_api.dll. I did receive a response from a tech person who's only suggestion was to do a windows boot in some modified sort of way to which there was danger of destroying my pc all together if something went wrong. Well that's not going to happen so since our charge to our account for another 3 months would of hit yesterday, we have sadly opted to cancel our subscriptions and uninstall everything that would remove from our pc's. We love the game but suggesting that we take such a risky procedure to address an out of the blue error that now obviously is Not just us experiencing it is unacceptable.
  7. Sphyx New Member

If you have not started a trouble ticket with DBG, please do so. There are lots of people affected by this. It needs to get there attention in an official capacity ... not just a thread on their forums. And yes ... BUMP!