G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (6302):

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Lamda, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lamda Guest

Hi

After a new windows install, im getting this error from time to time:

Fatal Error
    EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (6302):
    DirectX Error. (E_FAIL)
    00c18280 0108acbc
    Looks like a graphic error of some kind. Im running latest ATI drivers 12.1
  2. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Did you reinstall DirectX?
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Lamda Guest

hi,
    thanks for getting back to me, the link doesnt really work, but if its for the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) download, i already downloaded and installed. This hasnt helped though.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

Lamda wrote:
    In that case please contact support with your dxdiag/msinfo files attached so we can get a better idea what the problem might be.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lamda Guest

Many thanks,
    I will raise a call with tech support
  7. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

I got this error today also after I clicked play from the launcher and the game never loaded. I started up the launcher a second later and hit play and all was well.
    Just gremlins I suppose.
  8. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

My game started giving me those errors as well, AFTER i loaded up the auto up-dating EQ2 maps program. After I took it off my system, I no longer get that error message and kicked out of game. Just a thought you might need to try that as well. I am going to play around and try the Manual updating eq2maps instead and see if I get the same / different error message. I will let you know
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

Morgania434 wrote:
    This is always a good thing to check - if you're ever using 3rd party stuff (like UI mods or maps) then be sure to disable/remove it if you're running in to issues just to rule things out!
  10. ARCHIVED-tarbarian Guest

This happens on my machine also. I had done a re-install of Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and it started happening. It happens when EQ2 is running and I launch ACT or Ventrilo. I am also using the ATI 12.1 drivers. I downloaded Directx 9.0c and it still was happening. So I downloaded the dev edition with ALL the addons and I still have issues.
  11. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

Well, still getting 4 fatal error's with the above message everyone time i play the game without ANY 3rd party apps. I use default everything. So, should i try rolling my drivers back to last years model?
  12. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

Any word on this? I crash especially hard when in the city of Freeport, entering a guild hall etc. Even on the lowest possible settings for the game/graphics. And this ONLY started happening when freeport was redone, then has gotten worse since the AoD expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-T'Pol Guest

I am having the same issue almost everytime i a trying to start the game. Sometimes i need to restart the game more than 10 times before i can login. The odd thing is the issue only occurs when i try to play on Valor server. There are no issues when i play on the Testcopy server. Since the testcopy installation is a copy of my usual installation it looks like a server related problem?
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

Just to be sure this is not caused by external factors, if you're experiencing a crash similar to this please try these steps:
    Make sure you are not running any programs on your windows taskbar. If the problem persists, you should try running your system under a clean boot as this will prevent any hidden programs from loading.
    To disable background programs:
    1. Select the START button.
    2. Select RUN, then type in "msconfig" (for Vista, type msconfig in the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu)
    3. Press OK
    4. Select the STARTUP tab.
    5. Click the DISABLE ALL button.
    6. Hit apply and then OK. Restart the computer and try the game again.
    If you are still experiencing the same issue, please reply back.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mystic Shadows Guest

I have done everything except terminate all background programs as I dont want to lose my LCD display on my keyboard, which is the only program I run.

When I do get this crash, I cannot login on the same character. period. ever. I have no choice but to delete my UI installtion, re-install, update eq2maps, and then I can play again.

So far I dont know where the problem is, but it seems to be related to UI issues. I cannot stand the default UI and must have certain customizations, and EQ2Map is essential.

Has anyone definitively found the problem?
  16. ARCHIVED-Mystic Shadows Guest

Mystic Shadows wrote:
    After scouring the forums for the past couple days, it seems to me that the issue is somehow UI related. For me when this happens, I cannot ever relog into my character, it is permanently broken. UNTIL:
    I delete everquest2.exe, eq2.ini, eq2recent.ini, and eq2default.ini
    I then re-run the launcher, run the game that I am now able to log in to, and then type /loadui to switch to my DrumsUI interface.
    I do not need to delete my UI files or anything like that, simply deleting those files has fixed the problem twice now.
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

It actually might be worth a try (if you're experiencing it exactly as described) to nuke your whole UI folder - then reinstall your custom (maybe even an alternative to drums like profit) just to see if that solves the issue more permanently. it sounds like something in your UI is bad and causing problems, and you're "forcing" your way around it. This should give us a fresh start.
  18. ARCHIVED-Vifarc Guest

I have nothing customed, and I don't know why the game needs my USB key on G: Please fix the game, even in extreme performance and no AA, I can no longer enter the game.
  19. ARCHIVED-T'Pol Guest

I am still having the same issue.
    Its really getting on my nerves. Everytime i try to start the game it takes about 2 seconds for the error to appear. I have to restart the launcher 10-20 times until i can finally start the game without the error.
    I tried everything that was suggested but its not fixing the issue. There are NO problems when i log on testcopy this error is only occuring when i try to play the german localized version. I gave up logging in today a few mins ago because i am fed up with this error.
    [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-Nitestorm Guest

I have the same issue. Running Win7 64, 8 gigs of ram, Intel I-5 2500K, Intel 3000 graphics. Have DX9 installed. Other online games I play I have no issues. Only EQ2 crashes on my system, often to the point I'm getting ready to cancel my sub and sub up to my other game. I've done everything I can think of and nothing has made a difference.
    [IMG]