FYI -- Pet changes intentional and staying -- More nerfage on the way (- 1 DPS teir)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Whazy Guest

All I can say is: Get over the Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 levels.
    All DPS classes do DPS, some do it fast (Sorcerers), some do it over time (Summoners). In different situations, some of the DoT classes will have better overall DPS than the straight nukers. There are so many variables in a fight, it's impossible to keep any particular class in any particular damage "Tier" level.
    Some Variables:
    Intelligence of caster
    Level of Caster
    Versions of Spells/Combat Arts being used (Apprentice, Adept, Master)
    Resistances of Foes being fought
    Make-up of group the caster is in
    Gear the Caster is wearing

Also, if you don't like the DPS your class is doing, roll another toon.
  2. ARCHIVED-sunmagic Guest

Here here. I'd love to win a fight in 5-10 seconds. This whole DPS thing is just way over rated. Like Whazy said,
    if you don't like what one type of toon does, roll another. I hate I have long battles but that's the trade off for
    having the abilities that I have. I love the Necro and think it's a great class. This nurf stuff, get over it. Things
    change, people whine and make these changes happen. Then another group will whine about those changes
    and so on. It's an ever changing environment and will always change to try and make the game better. Or
    at least try. :smileysurprised:
  3. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

nda on vanguard shhhhh
  4. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Really it is a pretty simple equation really.
    Are we above the DPS intended on Raids consistently (not just under optimum conditions). If yes, then adjust to correct balance.
    Are we above the DPS intended in Groups consistently (not just in the optimum group). If yes, then adjust to correct balance.
    Are we above the DPS intended Solo consistently (not just with optimum Master level spells/gear). If yes, then adjust to correct balance.
    Now the big proviso here is the intended DPS. This is not our interpretation of the DPS as a class, nor some obscure parsers interpretation from someone viewing from outside the class. It is SOE's interpretation based on what they had intended. They alone have access too all the relative data needed to make this sort of objective adjustment if required.
    Against this you have to balance other factors that don't show up in a parse such as available utility spells (invis, water breathing, power shard (hearts) etc.), get out of jail free type skills (fd, evac etc.) and even gear/skill dependability. They would alos know what percentage of the player base has master spells, adept III, asdept I and below. This would give them a guildeline as to what "the average player" has the ability to do. To adjust DPS based on elite players (either skill or gear) leads to the difficulty of average play being too high for lower players. Conversely adjusting DPS based on the lowest common denominator (app I's of all skills) would make the game to easy for the average player.
    Suprisingly gto some, I still have faith in SOE to make any adjustments required without crippling the class. I am not going to comment on what might have happened to other classes in the past, or some obscure track history of "nerfages" that some players like to drag up. Instead I will continue to play the game until it ceases to be fun for me, then I will look for something taht better suits me and move on. Prophesizing doom and gloom before the actual event is speculation at best, and self sustaining panic at its worst.
    Sark.
  5. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Sorry about the late response to this but really, if this above was a response to me then all you actually needed to say was this part of it. "Sure wizards can solo things I can't."

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just saying there's nothing a necro can do that a skillful player of quite a few classes can't do and often better.

Message Edited by Uanelven on 04-20-2006 04:22 AM