Future TLE Request

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by LDEffectsMe, Oct 15, 2019.

1. LDEffectsMe Active Member

When EQ2 does the next TLE server can we try one with Beastlords and Channelers unlocked on day 1? I think it would be neat to see how the early content plays with every class available from the start.

I'm new to playing EQ2 on TLE, but from what I understand these servers never last long enough to make it to Age of Discovery.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

The last TLE server (fallen gate) had both at launch. It did not go well, there are several older threads discussing the details.

The TLDR - With how the Channeler tool kit works, mobs needed tuned up so high that Channelers were essentially mandatory. Beastlords didn't cause the glaring issues Channeler did, but neither were designed to be played at low levels without AA.
    Siren, Dude and Schmetterling like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

I played a beastlord on Fallen Gate, they just straight up weren't fun without AA.
    Siren and Dude like this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No.

No.

Channelers are impossible to balance because if you nerf the pets HP, they become on par with other healers yet don't have any offensive buffs to give, making them essentially useless. Same goes with nerfing dissonance. If you don't nerf channelers and put them in you have to balance around having them, or you can just run a five healer raid, and eliminate defilers, templars, and wardens entirely from the game.

Beastlords are fine, if you enjoy three buttons, lack of pets, and being bruiser tier of useful.
    Dude and Zenji like this.
  5. Somedude Active Member

I'm pretty sure you just insulted bruisers.

To include either class in a TLE would require significant re-balancing of the classes to be relevant in time periods of the game they were never designed to operate in.

It is a noble request, but given the capacity of the team, I don't think this juice is worth a squeeze.
    Zenji likes this.