Fury DPS

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Twofeets, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Well, since I had so much positive feedback on my pally DPS thread, maybe I will get lucky and receive the same here.... Are there any other active furies?

Right now Im fully heal specced and have solo healed every T1 heroic and a few challenge zones. I know historically Furies have been decent DPS, but Im really struggling with this expansion.

I have tried swapping around AA specs a few times, but even when I go 'full offensive' I notice very little change in my DPS while experiencing a noticeable drop in heals. This is my alt, so Im just starting to work on red adorns, but wondering what stats/specs I should prioritize to DPS and still heal T1 heroics with basic T1 fabled gear.

Thanks!

(Betraying is not an option, Ive been a fury since launch, Im too stubborn)
  2. Suidakra Active Member

From what I've read all over other threads, it's DPS, multi attack, flurry and WDB

EDIT: These are not in priority order, just the stats I see being stated as important.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Fury dps is mostly ascension along with porcupine and devour. The most important thing is to pump your potency and crit bonus up. Feel free to look at Clintsat's AA and reforge. Happy to answer questions.
    Pixistik and Twofeets like this.
  4. Elkana Active Member

Two things I know for sure, and one of them is this: If Clintsat gives you Fury advice you listen to it.
    Pixistik and Twofeets like this.
  5. Twofeets Active Member

Thank you!

One thing I noticed was even in your more offensive AA specs you kept the defensive stance (and didnt spec offensive stance). I'm curious as to why? Is it just not that effective, or do you need the additional heal power when specced offensively?
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The offensive stance actually does nothing (meaningless pot/cb/cast SPD or something like that). The defensive stance give you an extra tick of the hot. This is huge and gives you more flexibility to nuke more.
  7. pumancat Well-Known Member

Been off game for over 5 years. How does one look at another's AA? I remember there used be some website or something that you could post AA set up.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Check out https://u.eq2wire.com/
    You can look up toons by server, name, class, level and/or any combo and check their gear and AA, provide the player hasn't hidden their character.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. pumancat Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. Didn't there used to be an AA builder program also?
  10. corefury New Member

Fury DPS still seem to really suck this exp. and this week I seem to be doing about a 3rd less. I don't know what's going on. I know I still need to get some diff jewelry, but its not good.
  11. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Furies still have the capability to be the #2 priest dps behind inquisitor. You just have to follow a very specific gear setup and play aggressively.
  12. Exilya Active Member

What kind of numbers do you get from your inquisitors and furies in challenge? ( our raid has none lol)
  13. corefury New Member

>> What kind of numbers do you get from your inquisitors and furies in challenge? ( our raid has none lol)

Our Inquis is hitting 41 B on avg. The best I've done is 6.6.. this last weekend, I'm having trouble hitting 1 to 2B.
    We may have the capability but then I may be missing something.. I just started adding Devour to my rotation..I need to rethink my casting
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

For reasons unshared with players, devs have been steadily reducing priest dps for several expansions now.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Or priests are doing it wrong and not adapting.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Given my observations both as a priest and observing others that play priests (looking at the arts themselves as well as parses).... as well as comments made by devs in the past.. the nerf to healer dps is real and intentional.
    Snikkety likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Heck, just look at the primary buff on the priest ethereal adorns.. it EXPLICITLY excludes priests from the fervor boost.
    The shaman rune goes one further; their second buff ALSO only affects scouts, fighters and mages.

So priests 'get' to grind out a rune that helps everybody in their group explicitly going out of it's way to exclude, the priest wearing it.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

The runes are trash, have been for 2 years, will be for another year. Caith doesn't care. Priests are perfectly capable of doing respectable dps simply gearing/reforging and having proper AA setups. They're not going to compete with a T1 or most tanks, but they can do plenty given they're ability heal/cure themselves.