Fury DPS spec - feedback please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Cucuy, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Cucuy Member

I've been looking for a good AA spec for my fury, but couldn't find one that hit all the abilities that I wanted. I would appreciate any feedback on the AA spec I came up with. The focus is primarily solo dps.

Also, if anyone can point to a good balanced AA spec, I would appreciate that as well.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/2594166900921/1/
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

first off --> remove healing stance and all healing AAs (right now they are useless)

in heroic take protective instinct instead of faith, also 10 points in wrath adds a bit of dps (if u can afford it)

dragon, take litany of destruction to boost DC and furies have a lot of dots, so quickening can be interesting. Also always take the self ward: reprieve.

in prestige, the middle spell : lightning siphon isn't that great, use points elsewhere. max control of the storm instead of stormbarrier. Also double spec --> take also potent restorer to boost pot

knowing the DPS AA from fury tree don't add much if you're maxed in cast/reuse speed --> so enhance thunderbolt, ring of fire are not so great. thunderbolt only improve CB of 5% and ring of fire does nothing.
    same for emergency healing and feral tenacity - better use those AAs on hibernation of forest spirit.

my little fury has this set up

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/3010789556051

know that it's not my main, haven't played him yet this xpac (but I main warden so I know a bit of the druid class)
  3. Cucuy Member

Thanks, I'll do that once the servers come back up!
  4. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Why should he drop healing stance? The loss of 10% potency points isn't worth losing the extra HoT tick.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah you're right. my bad
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The Fury offensive stance really needs work...
  7. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Cucuy, feel free to take a look at Clintsat on Skyfire for a Fury spec.
  8. Cucuy Member

Clintsat, I'll check it out
  9. Cucuy Member

I notice everyone goes down the line for tortoise shell. Besides that ability, the majority of the line seems pretty useless. Is tortoise shell a necessity for a solo fury?
  10. Renamoriko New Member

I don't agree with taking protective instinct. The maximum ward can only be 30% of the druid's health. The amount of DPS you do doesn't really matter if you don't have a ridiculous amount of hitpoints. For example, if you have 30 million HP, the ward can only be 9 million. Even though it's regenerating, it still isn't a lot. So with only 3 and a half million HP soloing, the ward is pretty much useless. Reprieve in the dragon line is a must-have for survival. For survivability you also want to go with a vigor spec (fury prestige tree, first line, along with the potency line) to increase your max health. You can also dual-spec in your prestige tree to gain more crit bonus and potency. I don't play a fury but my main is a warden, and I know that I lose a ton of both if I'm not dual-spec.
  11. Cucuy Member

What do you mean by "stance"? It's not a term I'm familiar with in regards to AA's.
  12. Uganda Knuckles Member

no fae fire rune no dps fury. sorry.
  13. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Protective Instinct is amazing if you gear appropriately. I have around 70m hp and it wards around 22m hp a person. That plus the SoD proc ward gives a lot of extra help when the big ae hit
  14. Clintsat Well-Known Member

We are talking about the last two skills in the shadow AA tree.
    Cucuy likes this.