Furdip - Guk : Lower Corridors

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-wullailhuit, May 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Is this guy broken?

He is AEing before he reaches the person he's porting to , even if you start to move before he reaches you , you currently die.

I remember killing him earlier and as long as you moved as soon as he ported to you you didn't get his by his AE.

Now there seems no way to avoid it.
  2. ARCHIVED-skycruise Guest

Try positioning like in the following:

-----------
    ------------------------
    H ------------------------
    dps MT B ----------- Furdip
    dps H

This is the way I always seem to do it with few issues...
    MT pulls and people try to maintain their position. Healers be ready to heal the B (Bloodpool clicker)
    MT targets Furdip and runs to him based on who furdip has ported to. Be ready to take AOE on 1-2 people. Easier to heal thorugh this way and it is not really a dps fight, more of a survivability one.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

you know, just wanna say...
    I've killed furdip a few times, and still find it to be a unpredictable and annoying fight, that I personally just dont find worth the time or effort to bother with, so 90% of the time, we pass him completly.
    1 reason, is simply that mages of any sort are 1 shotted by him every time, raid geared or not, I can barely recall a time where the mages going down too fast, didnt quickly become the reason we passed on that fight.
    however, I do like the layout of the above persons post, so I may give that a shot. looks good to me.
  4. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

He has a nearly infinite frontal-range attack, that could be your problem. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but we just stay in a bubble and move behind him whenever he ports, and we don't get any problems.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Maybe take a look at your healer(s) I personally dont have issues with this encounter, you just have to try and keep everyone at 100% as much as you can, otherwise they can die once he ports on top of them. It helps if your dps don't stand still and eat the melee damage, and they dont panic and run away 30m Only time i had issues here was with pansy dps that didn't get the idea that running out of my heal range was a bad idea, and that was sorted by letting them stay dead and finishing without them.
  6. ARCHIVED-xKHONSx Guest

When you go into his room go into the right hand corner and fight him there. Have one person standing next to the items you have to use on him. That person should move behind Furdip if he ports to them. Have your healer(s) stand still and spam heals, but if he decides to constantly port to your healer(s) then they should move behind him immediately each time as well. (A shaman once told me that his AE goes right thru wards. I'm not sure if that is true or not but if it is it may also not trigger reactives.) The tank and dps run around in that corner like ******* and never stop moving until the person using the item says they used one. At that point dps him until he goes invulnerable again and then start moving around until another item is used.
    I have noticed this encounter can be completely different each time I go in there. Sometimes he bugs out and after he ports to someone he immediately runs back to me instead of staying still. Sometimes after you use one item on him he remains attackable the entire time and sometimes you have to use the item every time after his emote. Sometimes you have time to move behind him and not get hit with his AE after he ports and sometimes there is no possible way to avoid it.
    All in all the encounter seems kind of bugged but it's still a pretty easy kill the way we do it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

The main problem with this encounter is that his loot is absolute garbage. None of his drops are worth equipping. So it's an annoying encounter with no rewards. The only time we do it now (and we usually kill him first pull when we do him) is if someone in the group needs the AA from killing him.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Everytime I've done it we've all just stood on top of each other so the port was a non-issue.
  9. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

tank sits on a harvestible with group right across at the other harvestible 2 people harvest, one from the mt spot and one at the group spot. keep group heals up and tank needs to relize that even though he ports all the tank needs to do is get in range and its back on him....I've tried the run around I've tried the circle around the tank thing its all just to much its best to keep peps as close together and close to the harvestibles really easy mob if u stay still all the running around is not needed.