Furdip encounter broken in Fabled Ruins of Guk: Lower Corridors (solo version)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sekoya, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Sekoya New Member

I have tried this encounter several times now, all with the same result: I cannot click harvest the item needed to take him down when he is resting. For some reason the clickie in the fountain of blood is not working. I tried 1st person view, 3rd person view, from top down, in the fountain, outside of it... nothing worked in getting the fountain clickie to harvest. I see the four bubbling pools where presumably one clicks to harvest the item, but there is no response when clicked on and I tried clicking all over the fountain with no luck.

So this encounter is broken, the mission cannot be completed and the instance is a waste of time for now. I am surprised no one else has experienced this bug.
  2. slica Active Member

I just ran it a few hours ago and had no issue.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I literally just finished the zone without any issues.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@Sekoya Once Furdip emotes "go go go" it will be a few seconds before you can click the fountain. Make sure that if you are doing with one other person, they aren't clicking it. Agree which will do the clicking beforehand to help out with that part. Once you grab it, put on hotbar (hah I know some folks don't have a hot bar slot open, but it's worth it for this fight).

So, Furdip emotes "go go go" and he teleports to you. Slow down your casting so that when you see the cursor turn into a hand you can click the fountain and gather the gel. I usually click on the side of the jut outs from the fountain, it's also where I stand before pulling named (hope that description makes sense). Click once you see cursor becomes a hand and then target Furdip and click your hot bar button.

When I do this zone with someone else, I have them stack on me so Furdip doesn't teleport to them wherever they are standing. You may not need to do this, I just find it easier.

Don't despair and you will get it. Good luck and hope my description doesn't throw you off on the fight!
    Naneeje, Dude and Breanna like this.
  5. Sekoya New Member

Thank you Xianthia! Your advice was golden - instead of clicking like a mad man just hold the cursor over the fountain and wait for hand to show... that did it! :)
    Xianthia and Dude like this.
  6. Shadowscale Active Member

how do you live long enough to do the clicks? im dead in seconds...
  7. Cragfire Well-Known Member

What class are you? I had issues till I switched over to the gathering goblin merc.. and as a congy, the hydromancer pet (healer). I tried the tic-tok healing merc but he was too slow and clumsy to be of any good.. The goblin heals on melee attack and he's always swinging. He died himself a few times but I placed some of the guk drops on him, now he lives like a champ.
  8. Shadowscale Active Member

am a necromancer, guess might have to swich mercs
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can click after the first port, but after subsequent ports, none of the bubbles become clickable.
  10. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Ok, the mechanics of the fight are solid. I really like it.
    I have alts that have to work hard at finishing this fight, and I really like that too :)
    Read the above issues if you are still having problems, but... I would like to add this:
    There are Twark, Abyssal, all kinds of "regeneration" and health potions. While you can't cast those together, you can cast one and then the lifestone. This is two quick ways to stay alive. If you are soloing it, do you have a healer merc? That can help as well.
    Even Scout types have at least one heal so use your one heal if you need to, use an Overclocked lifestone if needed, use a regeneration potion if needed. All other classes have plenty of options to stay alive during this quick period of time after go, go, go that you need to be conscious of your health. Hope this helps!
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.