Fuel Supply Depot

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ambeco, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Please May we have a Fuel supply depot for our homes?

Please and Thank you,
    ~Avianna
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Starting this again?
  3. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

Why not? It's a good idea. And I'd love to see the personal harvest depot be expanded as well. I've got 2 areas I craft:

1. Guild Hall -- primarily for faction,
    2. A centralized home. It has all my researchers. It's also where I manage all my crafted items I put on the market.

...it just gets old keeping stacks of fuels in all my crafter's bags.
  4. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Grumble69 wrote:
    I Stick all the stacks of fuels in 1 of my placed broker boxes at just above vendor price , all my chars can buy them from within the house when needed and the owner can just remove what they need.....I've even had some people buy them off the broker giving me a small profit.
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Right click the door and access your house vault, then stack fuels/materials there. I simply put the largest possible crate in each slot of the house vault. Each toon has its own house vault (assuming it has a house), and these can be accessed by that toon from any house or guildhall.
    Since I first got a crafting station in my house, this is how I've handled fuels and materials.
  6. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Yeah, we can do that. You can also stick them in a vendor box and put a marketplace board near the machines. But why not have a depot that automatically uses them like the harvestables and have it also store things like dought and liquid, etc? No one is saying YOU have to have one, but why not make it available for those who want it? Whose it hurting?
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

d1anaw wrote:
    Counter question: who is it helping? Or more to the point, how much demand is there for such a thing?
    If it was going to be done, why just a storage box? Why not a personal vendor? Just add it to the crafting faction vendor for each city, or as a tinkered recipe. I'd personally perfer the faction vendor as it makes more sense. It would make even more sense if the NPC added to the rent for a house it was placed in. You know, pay them by the week to just sit in your house.
    After all, we pay the wholeseller to just sit in a guild hall. Why not a house?
  8. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Who is it helping? There are a lot of people who solely craft and many who craft and adventure that do their crafting in their homes. Yes there are ways around a fuel depot for homes and for those who don't care either way those are fine. Some of us would like to not have to use a workaround for something that is really not that hard to implement. Personally I have 18 apprentices in my main's home, plus I do my regular crafting there many times, and would love to have a fuel depot as it would make it much simpler to craft without having to carry a ton of fuel on me or fill up my storage slots.
  9. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I've often thought that it would be cool if they would give our apprentices additional "jobs" like selling fuel.
    It isn't that hard to zone to the guild hall to buy fuel, but since I randomly get a disconnect when I zone which takes several minutes to finish disconnecting and then allowing me to log back in with the same character, anything that cuts down on zoning is great.
    Edit: spelling, as usual.
  10. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Obviously some people at least feel it would be helpful or they would not have asked. But you didn't answer the question of who it would be hruting.
  11. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    Lets just wise up on this one.
    Just remove fuel entirely and have coin cost on the window. Cause thats all fuel is, an alternate currency that always trades 1:1 back to coin.
  12. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

d1anaw wrote:
    Everybody that uses the database that has to hold all the new rows needed by all the new boxes that everybody will be using ... so, I guess that's everybody?
    And when they cave in and give you that, somebody will start shouting for yet another new toy that adds a substantial number of new rows to the database. Where is it supposed to end?
  13. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

tkia wrote:
    So no one should ask for or get anything you don't consider important. Well alrighty then, I guess that answers that question. We should all check with you before asking for something. Got it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Yes, fuel can be stored lots of different ways but the added feature that would make a home or guild fuel depot awesome is that you could auto consume the same way that you can from a guild harvest depot. Buy as much fuel as you wanted, stick it in the box and consume as needed. Having your personal home harvest depot with the same feature would be wonderful.
  15. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

tkia wrote:
    The apprentices could sell the fuel which would eliminate your too many boxes complaint.
    I like Atan's suggestion also. It would eliminate both the problem of storing fuel and the database issues you mention. I fear however, it would be a big undertaking revamping all the recipes.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Atlan's idea is a great idea however it kinda takes away some of the lore that there is a cost rather than fuel to craft something...., the apprentices selling fuel is a great idea, the fuel suppy depot is a great idea, there are many great ideas being tossed around here. But I am tired of my bags and house vault being filled with fuels I cant tell you how many times I have gone to my door and closed it too hard and one of my bags fell out of my vault spilling coal all over my beautiful white carpet... :-(
  17. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

That's why I don't like white carpets.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Dev's? I am gonna resurect this old post to ask again, PLEASE! Fuel depot for our homes PLEASE!
    Thank you,
    ~Avi
  19. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

tkia wrote:
    ^ This.
    And to echo another comment: This again? We went through this last year. Here we are again, recycling the same bad ideas. There's no telling what will happen if they try to get another box in the house. Adding a vendor or some amenity that increases rent is easily countered by all the coin and status reduction furniture. You would also be putting rent on prestige houses, which may or may not cause problems. There's reallly no good reason to add a fuel amenity to the home, as you're never more than a zone away from a fuel vendor. If your house is published, you could even make it so you pop-out right next to the desired vendor. There are other good alternatives in this thread and they don't put us at risk for any kind of house bug.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    One of the bonuses of Atan's idea is that many, many dupes that have been abused in this game are related to fuels.
    I hate carrying around 6 different coals so I can make something if I need to, coin would be so much simpler.