Fuel for the Fire repeatable?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kelrik, May 18, 2015.

1. Kelrik New Member

I've been offline for about a month, but just got back on today & one of things I was looking forward to was according to the Apr 28 update notes, Fuel for the Fire in Cobalt Scar would now be repeatable if you had finished two other quests. Since I only have one character that's completed CS crafting I don't have all that many mysterious blue coins, so I was excited to go out there & pick up a few more. Only Grant won't talk to me, even though I've completed both quests (Ratcheting up the Danger & Locating the Lost) listed as requirements for Fuel for the Fire to be repeatable. Anyone having this issue?

From the Apr 28 Notes:
  2. Andowen Member

This thread is a bit old but since the problem seemingly isn't not solved yet, I am bumping it.
    I went to Cobalt Scar today to do the repeatable, as I still need mysterious blue coins to buy recipes, and was not offered the quest either. After talking to some other crafters they reported the same thing as well; three different people, on three different servers, who have all done the prerequisites and none of us were offered a quest by Grant.
    Can we get this fixed pretty please?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  3. Domino Well-Known Member

Hiya! Not familiar with this issue and we're pretty flat out right now between beta preparation and moving offices, but I've added it to a list to look into once things calm down a little.
    Sigrdrifa, Finora and Katz like this.
  4. Andowen Member

Thank you Domino for responding and looking in to it!
    There's no rush as far as I am concerned :)
    Finora likes this.
  5. Erthafein New Member

I know this is a bit old, but I have an odd problem with the quest. I can get the quest, but can't turn it in.
  6. Rhiamon New Member

Same issue....got quest...did quest...I need to return to Grant...who does not let me turn it in...tried zoning out and back...nope...please fix
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask...did you look for Grant in his old location? I don't think the one in the tent city accepts the turn in, but I seem to remember either Grant or another NPC near his old location would accept the turn in.
  8. Wintir Active Member

wb, Dom.
  9. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Once again I have gone back to try and get more " mysterious blue coins " from Supply Master Grant in Cobalt Scar only to find that he still will not give me the quest" Fuel for the fire" again. I have completed the tradeskill timeline but still need more coins , Originally Dev Jamiss looked into the problem and in a game update on April 28th /2015 posted that fix had been made "
    • "Once you have completed Ratcheting Up the Danger and Locating the Lost within Cobalt Scar, Acting Supplymaster Grant will allow you to repeat Fuel for the Fire for Mysterious Blue Coins."
    • . Again it was brought to the devs attention in this thread that he was not giving out the quest and on the May 17th this year 2016 . update notes Jamiss posted
    • "Fuel for the Fire - Acting Supplymaster Grant will now accept your Cobalt Chiori, even if you've completed this quest before." This still does not fix the problem of being able to repeat this quest for more coins . He will not give you the quest and I was also unable to see the Cobalt Chiori to harvest any without having the quest active in my journal.
    • Players from another server checked as well since they also wanted coins and confirmed that the quest giver will not give out the quest .
    • Can someone please verify that the quest is repeatable and if it is fix it so we can obtain the coins needed to purchase recipes and so on .Thanks in advance for any help .
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

[suggestion] Allow Grant to hire an assistant and delegate the quest so the assistant can dole out the quest. Maybe Grant being the center of pretty much that quest line is interfering somehow with the repeatable. He's probably feeling a bit overworked...

recent experience - I've gone there with a new crafter to run the TS quest line (most recently was approx. 2 months ago). Grant was at the starting area but his feather was the repeatable/bluish tinge color one. It's strange because, like I mentioned, it's a new crafter about to run that quest line. I was able to grab the quest Fuel for the Fire, complete it and once I turned it in, then Grant had the green/tradeskill feather. Went through the whole quest line without any issues.
    Faeonara and Finora like this.
  11. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Bumping this up the list since I would still like to see this issue resolved Can a DEV please comment .Thanks
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried and I could not get Grant to give me the quest again. I have completed all of the requirements over a year ago and it is still not repeatable. Would someone please look into this?

Cyrrena
    Faeonara likes this.
  13. Faeonara Well-Known Member

One more bump up in hopes a Dev will look at it .
    Cloudrat likes this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Bump.
    Faeonara likes this.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I've seen this quest come up over and over and over in the Homes channel in game. It would be great if someone would look into it and make it work. It isn't repeatable. Some people have no way to buy the recipes because they don't have enough mysterious blue coins. Please look into it. :(

Apparently during the quest series the NPC undergoes a name change. You have an Acting Quartermaster and later a Quartermaster. One is in the fort and one in the base camp. This is in Cobalt Scar.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{nod} I suspect that the issue is that "Acting Quartermaster Grant" has been fixed, but that only helps those who are only partway through the questline. "Quartermaster Grant" is still only thanking me for my help and not offering the quest. I've dropped in a /bug with details.
    Cyrrena and Katz like this.
  17. Mugwort Active Member

Sad thing about the blue mysterious coins is that the margin in which they can be obtained is very narrow. A fledgling carpenter who is somewhat new to the game can easily out level the level requirements to obtain the coins doing the Cobolt Scar TS line and then realize the opportunity to get them for the recipes has been missed once they reach the goal of getting the gloves.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Bump one more time .
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried again last night and Grant is still behaving like an a$$hat and not allowing me to help him again. Come on, this has been well over 2 years now and we have been told repeatedly that it is fixed.

Hellllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! We are just asking for the fix we have been told was implemented for more than 2 years. I think we have been more than patient.

Cyrrena
    Faeonara likes this.
  20. Faeonara Well-Known Member