FtP and Relics..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackdog, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Blackdog Member

So this is Pretty interesting. In the months on the forums leading up to mergers and xpac, NOWHERE did I read that FTP would be restricted from gear needed to run the zones in the new xpac. I bought several xpacs for my family and learned just today after finishing the sig quest that I couldn't equip the reward because the account was FTP.
    Just wish id known. I wouldn't have bought more than the one...maybe...
    IF there is some official word on that somewhere, I love to see that..
    Anaemickhanh likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Prestige gear is not NEEDED to run zones. They're definitely nice, they're not necessary though.
    And they DID mention the addition of prestige quality items that would only be useable by all access members.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Blackdog Member

id like to that that post where it was "mentioned" it sure isn't on the expac info,

Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Features:

• Subterranean Overland Zone – Overland zone deep beneath Norrath’s surface.
    • Signature Quests – Special quests for both Adventure and Tradeskill players!
    • New Level Agnostic Dungeons – Brand new dungeons that scale for players 20-94
    • Upgrade Your Items – Through the new Infusion system!
    • New and Updated Deity System
    • New Best-in-Slot Relic Items
    • Heroic & Advanced Solo Dungeons, Challenging Raid Zones and a New Contested Zone for level 100s!
    I do see there is only one per toon though so I guess its more akin to having a spell grandmasterd. nice but not required.
    Still, should be clear what is for members and what isn't. Not some obscure "mention" somewhere deep in the forums.
    Anaemickhanh likes this.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

5. kluxor Well-Known Member

Yes, was discussed during the live stream and everywhere else if you don't live under a rock. As said before too...they're not absolutely necessary, but def help.

Seriously though....is $15 a month really too much for people to spend? Pay a sub, get rewarded
  6. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

For some people, yes, it is. Can buy a membership with plat though to, then its free.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Can you tell me which Prestige item it is that is needed to run the content?
    Feldon and Kalderon like this.
  8. CodyF86 Member

You don't need any prestige items to run the content.
    Feldon, Adevil and Kalderon like this.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

i believe the item is called:

[you have it and i don't]
    level 100
    necklace
    [when equipped:]
    *gimmie, gimmie, gimme
    causes non members to say it's required for content and complain about it
    [when equipped:]
    *it's not required
    causes members to defend their money given right to perks, claims it's not required but is nice to have.
    Livejazz, Ceyllynn, Sigrdrifa and 3 others like this.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Ah, I think I've heard of that item...it drops from a well-known encounter.
    Livejazz and Ceyllynn like this.
  11. Ellimist Active Member

oh it must be the joey cape reward.

Its nice that there is a FTP option but you can't have the whole thing FTP unless you are going to have more income from people buying stuff for DBC. Servers aren't free to run and maintain and content isn't free to develop. If you pay for the xpacs you get the content and stories but not all the gear without the sub.

If it was entirely FTP then we would have a situation where it would be Pay to win as well as there would be alot of stuff in the store that people will be "needing" to buy to complete the zones. Personally I prefer the $15 a month to the $15 and item option.
    Kittybock likes this.
  12. Calbiyum Active Member

If somebody can't afford the $15 a month they really shouldn't be playing an MMO lol
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Can afford computer and internet, should be able to find enough to sub, too.
    DoomDrake and Raff like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

To be fair, those two are almost a necessity to the point that I can see tech firms lobbying for "a computer and internet in every household" at some point, especially here in the States since you can hardly even get a job without one half the time nowadays.

Also, budgeting happens I suppose.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

Ironically, my brother can't get decent internet service even now. Too far out in the backwoods, and too many rocks reflecting signals. He isn't even all that far off the beaten track, either. He's living within 10 miles of 2 well populated towns.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

it's called companies and govt don't typically care about the country areas, they usually only care about the mass of customers or voters in high density areas. which is a shame.

it's more of a shame to govt though they have tons of money and could do it easily but they are busy pissing it away.
  17. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

In terms of necessary items, doing the quests in Thalumbria was easy with decent gear from the AoM stuff. Meaning some blue gear and level 100 items from the fabled heroics. Those quests give gear that made the AS dungeons in Thalumbria easy. Then, with a few AS gear drops added, it made an event heroic bar brawl passable with only a team of 3. (though it took 2 hours to kill everything)

So, whatever this prestige item is, it is not necessary.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, get yourself a set of handcrafted ToT armor.. it's almost as good as the ToT quest rewards and is a step up to even AoM raid armor.
    Jaden likes this.
  19. Blackdog Member

keerist, some of you really just cant wait to jump someones **** lol..

ok maybe NEEDED wasn't the right WORD..

and yeah 15 bucks x the multiple people in my house that play does add up. We sub on one or 2 and have for the ENTIRE life of the game so I think we are doing our share to keep the damn lights on.

Thnx for the responses, all I asked for was a link to where it was mentioned not...most of that ^
  20. Gethdil New Member

Don't worry Blackdog, some people just don't understand what its like out here in the real world. They either have mommy and daddy money or they are of the lucky few that have either had everything handed to them or just that darn lucky. Personally, with the type of attitude I seen in those posts, kinda makes me wonder just how "snooty" and uptight they truly are. People need to get a clue that others have to work extra hard so they can enjoy the type of things they have. Sometimes those things are few and far between. Hence the name FREE TO PLAY. But I am guessing that kind of logic will easily be lost of those people.