Frustrated

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Celestia, May 16, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm a returning player, who is just trying to do the solo dungeons. I have gear from the questline and the adorns and all the stuff you are supposed to do as it says in that gear guide for RoS. I have also (with help) finished the questline.

I'm trying so hard to get better stats, but I can't get through even the quarry by myself.

The thing is, other than what it says to do for gear and such in the guide, and from what I have gotten or crafted with the shadowscream stuff, I still am dying when it comes to the Chief. He doesn't even take damage and YES, I have killed all the boglins and all the single ones that pop up after that. Every time, he starts to take damage, he summons that stupid corrupt bogling, and I die.

I am a fury, and I have some experts but not all. I will eventually. Should I just wait until everything is expert or something? This is soooo frustrating.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Boglings do quite a substantial debuff when he pops them. Try get rid of them ASAP.

If you aren't using a merc in these zones, might be worth trying to get one, or finding a sociable guild who can help you through the zones.

If you want to link your EQ2U profile could try help out more.
    Cassta and Beee like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Spells look ok, AA's look ok.
    • Your potency is really low though. Make sure to do the RoS side quests & the dropped/PoI quests in overland zones [See here for Wiki]. This will grant you a celestial offhand item & 2 high potency charms. [Plus 3 more prestige AA].
    • Try grab some more white adorns for missing slots
    • Ensure you've got all the Red Runes off the free items from the Fordel Midst npc. Looks like you're missing some of those.
    • Your cast speed at 50% is very low, see if you can find some gear to swap around (or white adorns) to boost that up to 100% as well as Reuse.
    • Use infusers on your cloak (And celestial offhand when you get it).
    After that it's a case of mount/familiar from heroics & levelling them up. If you aren't already doing Overseers as much as possible, do those. The time reductions are a life saver.

See if you guild has helpful people as this will likely go a long way for you. Especially if you can find someone to help you make adorns, run zones etc.
    Cassta and Dilon like this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks soooo much! By the way how do I use infusers? It doesn’t allow me to just right click or anything like that.
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

/toggleinfusion

Add the item (Make sure it has infusable tag) to the left side. Add the infuser to the right hand side. If the middle box lights up/glows, you can click it.
    If you leave the right hand box empty, you can infuse with platinum as well.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Where is the red rune guy in Midst? I have plat and status, but I don't have enough crowns to buy from the status merchant if that is who you mean, and I couldn't find another person.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Jinksie Well-Known Member

When you first zone in to Fordel Midst, there should be a chest you can take free gear and weapons from. Although you will not see them until you claim them, they have red runes, white runes and a blue rune on weapons that you can use. The adornment remover is acquired from your class trainer in your home city. Use that to take the runes off the free gear and then place them on your gear until you get something better. The current red runes drop infrequently, so a lot of us are still using the same level you get from the free gear chest box.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Fangrim Active Member

On Prestige if you take Stormlord instead of Natural Regeneration for 30 seconds of every minute you can fully replenish all your mana every second. Much better for soloing stuff with annoying mana drains, it actually takes you from 0% mana to 100% instantly, You can always make a solo AA spec for it. It's achieved by casting stormlord then anytime you cast starnova :)
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh that’s good to hear, I will do that thank you :D
    Cassta and Fangrim like this.
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

I was also going to ask further about red adornments. How do I use two in a weapon, because it always takes away one that I put in when the other goes in. I'm assuming you can't of course, but then the red adorns that I am missing, how do I know what to put in and such? I'm still a bit confused by the adorn thing, it's been a long while since last played before this expansion. I remember the days when wisdom was pretty much the stat you needed for a fury. Haha.
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Just shuffle adorns round depending on slots they can go on. Everything has a red slot now, so lots can go on armor/jewelery etc too.
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Grandavi Active Member

With Adorns, you need to recognize the slots each item has. You can only have one type per item (red/blue/white/Cyan are basically all that is used for lvl 120 gear). If you have a red adorn in your sword and try to put in a second one, it will just trade them back and forth.
    The important thing to remember is that some are "sets". So if you have 3 of the set you get the max bonuses (I just picked a number at random). I have found this with White and Red Adorns. I haven't found Blue or Cyan that come as sets, so I think they are just singular.

This is also the case with some Celestial items you might come across. I have 3 celestial bracelets, but can only use one as they are lore and won't allow for 2 on the same player. Luckily they are heritage and can be shared across characters (alts).

For the Chief, I found him to be a pain as well, but after a few attempts, I figured out that once I cleaned the boglins, the adds were my problem. I just burn them as quick as I can as they pop up and keep slugging at the Chief. I use a tank merc for my healer or use the Iksar from BOL with my paly. I haven't died after I have succeeded once. It was just watching the Chief's buffs to see how they were applied and figuring out the effect of the adds.
    I find that in BOL and RoS, there are little tricks added to some of the bosses that were probably put on by some sneaky dev who just didn't want to hand us the battle. Once you figure it out, (providing your Potency and Resolve are high enough) most are pretty easy to solo. I think the Fury is probably easier than my Warden.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Grandavi Active Member

Oh.. I should add... your menu (the one that is the button the lower left side with the EQ2 symbol) accesses: Calendar (important to check from time to time to make sure you aren't missing a Groovy event), Equipment (Infusions), Broker (which can be accessed anywhere allowing you to use it for temp storage if you like), Overseer quests (for the "good" stuff, available account-wide), etc..

The game has changed quite a bit since I was playing in 2009, but the only thing I haven't figured out enough to be functional is the AA lines. I find them a bit overwhelming because the selections are vast and the AA's are few... lol.

... I miss the days when I could battle with my Paly and hold aggro and win the admiration of wenches worldwide...
    Cassta likes this.
  16. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much, this is so helpful! I probably would have had to quit again if no one was friendly. I do like that about this game, it's so friendly compared to other MMOs

Is there a really good tank merc? I have been using the mushroom shadowknight guy from the Echo Caverns area, but he seems to take a lot of damage, even when I have him geared.

:)
    Cassta likes this.