Frostfell Wish List

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Jazabelle@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    They actually added that last year, but only as a quest reward option IIRC, so not really that useful if you can't get a bunch.
    Which reminds me, my biggest wish is for a snowy tile that actually matches the snow mounds in colour. When trying to cover a large area in snow, the snowy tiles look horrible next to the snowy mounds.
  2. ARCHIVED-Maela Guest

Less cloaks
    would like those music boxes got one now need the rest. Agreed on other post craftable tables for house or guild halls. Its the only holiday we can't make out of season but has the most food. poinsettas would be nice and clear glass tiles the polished one not good for store window designs
  3. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

Thanks for starting this thread, Dexella!
    A comfy Frostfell fireplace (with surfaces easy to hang the stockings and lights from, not curves)
    Some Frostfell vegitation that could be planted like hollybushes, pointsettias, mistletoe
    Cuter elf outfits, the are already some on several NPC's (I think the fae in Frostfell have them), skirts, cute hats like the Whos from Dr Seuss
    The ability to buy a present for a friend, then when sent to them it arrives in a box that can be placed in their house, with a mouse over "From .... To..." . when the player recieves the gift it shows the box as opened. So I could buy my friend a new mount on Dec 12, he would put the unopened box in his house, and then right click "Open Present" whenever he would like ... then he would get the mount and an opened box that would forever display who gave the gift when mousedover.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nailoo Guest

Absynthia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Agree with all of this! Especially the ability to send gifts to friends. Also agree with the others wishing for Frostfell hats that don't hide your hair and make you look bald, normal hats need this fixed too.

Some personal wishes would be...
    -New and different food items since that's such a big part of Frostfell for many. Things like new cookies, candies, jellies and cakes with candy canes, holly leaves, snowflakes, santa heads etc. on / in them. Really love the idea of having a yule log and different types of quested gingerbread houses (maybe even race-based homes?) available. Things like more bread, side dishes and meat would be nice too.
    -Faux fur coats , jackets, mittens, scarves, boots and hats in different styles and colors that would be appropriate to wear all winter (all year in Halas) instead of just during Frostfell. Bright red with white fur trim, green with white or even a dark fur trim, spotted and striped could be neat as well.
    -A quested Frostfell crafting station or even quested access to a special "Santa's Workshop" zone that would be available a couple other times during the year so that we could get a head start on presents and decorating or have the chance to make something we missed. A lot of us are away for the holidays irl and have a hard time getting online as much as we would like during Frostfell.
    -Different types of Frostfell trees, a short one, a tall and skinny one, poinsettia covered or even a bush would be fun.
    -Lots of new and different wreaths. Plaid ribbons, pine cones, snow-covered, etc.
    -Themed decorations (or a box-set of them) available from a quest, for purchase with the tokens or crafter-made would be wonderful. Couple ideas for themes (colors and ornaments) and what they could include below.
    *Gnomish-Golds and silvers, shiney and muted; mini gears, spiral garlands, robots, oil cans, sparks and electric bolts.
    *Nature-Green, white, soft gold, deep reds and warm browns; small birds and other woodland creatures, frosted pine cones, berry garlands, and mini gilded leaves.
    *Halfling-Cheery gold and red; mini pies, gingerbread halflings and pints, wooden pipes, candy canes and snowflake garlands.
    *Magic-Red, sliver and green; mini books, wands, runes, potion bottles and stringless, floating orb garland.
    *Evil-Black, Silver and red; spooky mini animals like crows, rats and spiders, balls of fog, frosted skulls and tombstones and a web or bloody hand garland.

More than anything though I wish for new quests. I love all the special little instances and the stories behind them, but we've done them for years now. It's time for them to be revamped or for brand new story lines to be made. New rewards from the story quests and a new collection would be appreciated as well.

Lastly, I just wanted to say thanks for posting this and asking our opinions. It makes us players feel nice, valued and involved in the game we love.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fayth-VOX Guest

Craftable Ready Made Windows.
    My biggest Frostfell wish for years and years:
    Make recipies usable all year long like erollisi and NOTD etc. Make the frostfell giftbox harvest nodes crafting tokens like the cogs. That item being what you need to make your frostfell recipie with. Maybe make a specific portable frostfell crafting machine that you have to quest for in order to get.
  6. ARCHIVED-Snowmoon Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote:

YES! Rainbows! They are seriously one of my favorite things about Frostfell. Even if they were simply a chance trinket from Santa Glug I'd be grateful. Craftable rainbows would be infinitely more fantastic, of course.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

I also would like to see a more condensed set of crafting supplies. A couple years ago I was trying to gather things to make a bunch of the recipies, and had at least 2 shopping bags FULL of supplies, and was still finding other ingredients to gather!
    Slippery frozen ice tiles.
    And yes yes yes to the elf hats that don't hide your hair!
    Candy striped bucklers that you can equip as a buckler, not just on the wall.
    Snowy building supplies....like snow blocks, stairs, pillars, etc.
    Gingerbreadman illusion.
    Reindeer mounts!
  8. ARCHIVED-Kethryl Guest

Any possibility we could have the Frostfell Shopping Bag increased in size so that it can hold ALL of the Frostfell materials? It's quite a few slots short, and causes a number of bag space issues when trying to harvest and craft.
  9. ARCHIVED-omoara Guest

+1 on hats that don't hide hair
    new fireplaces
    strands of twinkling lights
    different lengths of garland, some plain some with bows
    a tree skirt would be nice, instead of the snowball pot the trees are planted in
    nutcrackers
    ice skates 'mounts' if that makes any since, so it looks like the character is skating instead of running
    new quests
    year long crafting
  10. ARCHIVED-ianilu Guest

1)Larger snowdrifts and or tiles that include the snow effect from the drifts 2)Icy Tiles you slide on 3)Toys 4)Presents that have been partially opened
  11. ARCHIVED-Rosebelle Guest

I would like to see Frostfell Wonderland Village as a Prestige House with rainbow bridges connecting the islands of ice and the giant tree on one island.
  12. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Rosebelle@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This. It was asked for last year as well.. (by me, as well as others I think.
  13. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

• House item versions of buckets of snowballs that we can click to replenish snowball ammo!
    • Garland pieces that lay flat or hang in a swag (dark green)
    • Trees/wreaths with ornaments allready on them.
    • Presents wrapped in bags with tissue comming out of the top
    • More little greeting cards to place as house items.
    • Pretty stained glass scenes / windows
    • Combined crafting ingredients with the ability to make them throughout the year! For once I'd like to sit back and enjoy Frostfell in game rather than spend the entire time harvesting for a few specific ingredients and then crafting items to stock up for the year.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote:
    You would either need a large log-cabin house added to it or an Igloo type or at least one big flat island.
  15. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

Please please add frostfell reindeer to the beastlord warder list, I would love to tame a reindeer to have year round!
  16. ARCHIVED-Keroywn Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    I always thought that a red glowy collection with a choice of a placable frostfell table would be very cool.
  17. ARCHIVED-Michaelah Guest

The pink and blue "lava blossom" that is all kinds of sparkly and frozen located in New Halas, outside the hut located near the exit to the docks.

Craftable "frozen" items.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kaitheel Guest

Perrigrin@Crushbone wrote:
    Actually, all of the candy bucklers that are in your house are already equipable. Inspect the item when it is in your inventory, and it'll be replaced with an equipable shield.
    ~Kaitheel
  19. ARCHIVED-Kaitheel Guest

I'm glad to see so many ideas! It's a huge list, and unfortunately there is no way that we could make all of these items, even over the next several years. Additionally, several of them we are unable to make happen due to current code limitations (bag size, slippery tiles). But there are planety of ideas here that can be done!
    And even if these ideas don't make it in for this year, that doesn't count them out for future years.
    Thank you all!
    ~Kaitheel
  20. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

Think WINTER not just holiday =
    ^ Coat rack - with different "snowy" coats hanging (maybe drip for melting snow effect) Could be Wall hanger and/or the pole type coat rack.
    ^ Snowy "wellie" type boots to set by the door.
    ^ Ear muffs - these Shouldn't mess up your hair??
    ^ Mittens on a string - necklace type and/or to hang on the wall.
    ^ Prestage home that is "cabin in the woods" type look - not TOO big but not so small -something medium sized to decorate it with all the rooms we all love to create.