Frostfell Neighborhood Contest AB

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by draidean, Dec 3, 2019.

1. draidean Well-Known Member

Totally Aney thank you so much =D You nailed it all. There was so much I did not even know to ask! I had some very experienced and awesome people who helped me out so much and I am so grateful. A longer post about that will come later =)

I'm very sorry to hear about your pup. I know that pain *hugs*
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh no! :( I guess I'm just used to seeing you and events together; had no idea this winter was so awful! :(

Hugs! I know how it is to be sick during the holidays, and losing beloved furbabies. Hope everyone gets better and stays healthy! :-/

Uwk
  3. draidean Well-Known Member

Okay everybody! Just gonna post the winners now and do all the other yakking later because I know ya'll want to know (and I'm excited to just tell you lol) So without further ado...the winners of the Frostfell Neighborhoods Contest 2019 =D =D =D:

Antonia Bayle:
    1st Place- Reveries
    2nd Place- Tirzah, Birth of Jesus Christ
    3rd Place- It's a tie! Jayanne & Cyrrena, Gingerbread Men vs Snowmen (you will each receive the full prize!)

Maj'Dul
    1st Place- Daemora, Who'Ville
    2nd Place- Sennae, Happy Frostfell
    3rd Place- Xxtacii, Up for Sale due to Unscrupulous Neighbors

Skyfire
    1st Place- Baeletha, Candy House
    2nd Place- Aneylee, Candy Cane Dreams
    3rd Place- Justinalynn, The Evergreens/Home for the Holidays

Halls of Fate
    1st Place- Enertocter, Snowball Fight! The Ankle Biters vs The Top Shelf
    2nd Place- Enchantressa
    3rd Place- Enchantedlady, Santa Delivering Gifts and Takes One Home

AND...super special secret Grand Prize Extraordinaire...
    Aneylee, Candy Cane Dreams - you get a prestige house as well =) Your house was the overall winner across all servers among judges who voted on all the houses on every server =D
  4. draidean Well-Known Member

Please go and fix your house signs for publishing =) And put any items back out that may have been crated due to identifying information during judging =D

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY!! YOU ALL DID SUPERB!

The judges were all very vocal about what a difficult decision it was and they came down to fractions of points! I am so completely overwhelmed by y'all. Thank you so much <3
  5. draidean Well-Known Member

I had an army of people behind me making this contest happen. Thank you SO much to

Slythara, who helped me from beginning to end, refining the idea, donating houses and prize money, helping me to set them up, recruiting, answering questions and advising from her previous experience in contest running, filling in an empty lot at the last minute, and so many more things all along the way. My second in command behind the scenes =)

Stellacious, who donated prize money for an additional server and calmed, encouraged, and advised me along the way. You were my rock, Stella!

Emma, for designing and implementing the Cloudrat shrines on the upper isles. So beautiful, and I am really happy to dedicate this project to her memory. Thanks, Emma =)

Devilkiss (y'all knew you were gonna see this name here =) for answering ALL TEH crazy questions the whole way through and helping me with ideas, advice, maths, and communications. Also filling in extra and extra lot at the last minute!

Aneylee, who also lent me her event expertise and running encouragement, filled in for a late game dropout, dug up a very important document that I had lost (lol) and rounded up extra judging help at the last minute when I really needed it.

Mysticwynter for tying up several last minute loose ends, including doing a whole extra house with only a couple days to spare, and being a general support to me along the way.

Faeonara and Lunarosa, who saved my bacon a couple of times to include filling in a lot at the last minute as well.

The Judges. You know who you are. It was a TOUGH job! Well done and thank you =)

Ocarinah for offering to do the videos of the finished houses, I know they will be awesome!

And last but not least all the AMAZING PARTICIPANTS! Your houses turned out beyond my wildest dreams and I know they will give so much viewing pleasure to many people over the next months/years. Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating such a beautiful bunch of neighborhoods =)

***If I forgot anyone PLEASE remind me. I absolutely want to acknowledge you all, I truly could not have made this happen without the amazing group of Homeshow people. I am proud and happy to be a part of it***
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yayyy, Congratulations to EVERYONE....You all did a FABULOUS job and you are all winners in my book.

I am floored....I am so amazed that my Who'ville won first place on Maj'dul. I wasn't even going to enter at first, but Azzuriite and Xxtacii convinced me that I should, so I have to do a shout out to them as well. I want to thank you ALL for this fun event...it helped to make this 'sickly' holiday season more enjoyable, lol. "Sickly" because I have been fighting off the flu for most of it.

I look forward to seeing video's and decoraids showing these homes soon. :)

Again, Congratulations to everyone and thank you, Celestiell, for hosting this event. Thank you to the judges as well, and everyone who supported this event in one way or another. Thank you to the entire decorating community...those who are up front and out there giving it their all, those who are waving from the sidelines, and those who are behind the scenes humbly supporting the rest of the team. :)
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you for the love about my furbaby. I had him 13 years (adopted him and his brother at around 7 years old). My vet and hubby wanted us to get kittens this time since I never had one before cuz I always adopted older pets. Kittens are so silly :rolleyes: . I might have to do a bonus video of the little ones or something.

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Normally I would have reached out letting you know if I am available just been so sick lately almost nonstop. Thank you for running the event and for those that helped out with it! I appreciate all that do run events especially since I know how much goes into them and cannot host them anymore myself.

I will do the videos for the 4 houses next week after they are published. Hubby is out of town so will have plenty of time. I will be doing the SSHHS videos too. Just a reminder that I am totally okay with more than one person videoing any house/guild hall I have done a video on. I would never be mad or anything so go for it :). I know people love getting feedback from multiple people.
  8. Iskatawna Active Member

Thank you so much Celestiell (et al) for all the wonderful work and great fun that you provided for us! I enjoyed doing these and love the idea that Cloud Rat is going to be remembered for years and years to come by some of the most heartfelt and beautiful architecture! We love you! <3 :)

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!! Well done!
  9. draidean Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Ocarinah and do take care of yourself.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Congrats everyone! And thank you Celestiel for hosting. I'm sure Cloudrat would be proud and moved.
  11. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!

Thank you so much Celestiall for putting this all together :) It was so much fun!
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathies Oaky and I do hope that you feel better soon.

Thank you Celestiall for hosting this event, it was great fun. I will put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with a unique idea for a contest during a lull time, so that people can participate and not be tearing their hair out trying to complete houses for multiple events.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would place at all, I just did it for the fun!!

Thank you everybody.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

gratz to all the winners.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

15. Enertocter New Member

Just went around all the houses to have a look and I must say I'm very impressed! Peope can get very creative and create really cool things despite the 125 items/125 bulding block limit. Congratulations to the winners!

I'm kinda in the same boat as Cyrrena, as I didn't really expect too much of what I made apart from just having fun while creating it. And fun did I have!

Thank you for hosting this contest!
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to see yours Schmet. I will go as soon as they are published.

And my friend, Enertocter, Congratulations!!!
  17. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Congratulations Everyone!!!

I truly enjoy just taking a stroll in all the neighborhoods. And like Enertocter said, it is really amazing what folks can do with a small item/building count. I hope that events like this will encourage all of you that may still be hesitant about participating in an event to just take the plunge!!

Wonderful work everyone and thank you again Celestiell for hosting this event!!!

Aney~
  18. Sennae Active Member

Congratulations to everyone, I can't wait to visit the other servers! This was the first event I participated in because I am afraid of having a creative block at the wrong time, lack of confidence, real life interfering, etc. I truly enjoyed this experience though and would like to try something like this again. Thank you again Celestiell, and your support team, for having this event!
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I started with a totally different idea , than I did in the end .
    I will plot the rest of the year for what to do next year.
  20. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thank you so much and congrats everyone!!! you should do this next year Celestiell, it was very fun having all decorators in one house and it was pretty cool checking out their work and styles. I never entered a contest before on EQ2 and it was really frun. def want to do it again next year :D

and Oaky, so sorry that you lost your fur baby, we lost ours 6 years ago and she was 18 and I made a memorial grave of her in one of my houses in Skyfire server, I also lost my dad last year too so it's a one step at a time to heal. I feel your pain and hopes and prayers to you and your family *hug*