**Frostfell Neighborhood 2022 Official Announcement & Sign ups**

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kareena, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Kareena Active Member

It’s here!! Frostfell Neighborhood 2022!! SIGN UPS ARE OPEN!!
    August 15, 2022 – December 15, 2022

Welcome to Alice in Winter Wonderland!!!
    Grand Overseer
    Kareena on Maj’Dul

Open to decorators on Maj’Dul, Antonia Bayle, Halls of Fate and Skyfire!!

Server Overseers & House locations:

Maj’Dul – Devilkiss - Ethernere Enclave (Freeport side) – Owner: Icewitch

Antonia Bayle – Sriak – Ethernere Enclave (Qeynos side) – Owner: Sileny

Halls of Fate – Devilkiss – Ethernere Enclave (Freeport side) – Owner: Devilkiss

Skyfire – Stellacious - Ethernere Enclave (Qeynos side) - Owner: Frostomper
    (I will be helping out as much as I can on SF till she’s back from being ill)

**Please feel free to contact any of the Server Overseers or the Grand Overseer with any questions, comments or concerns. We’re here to help!**

!!Wanted!!

-10 Contestants per server
    -1 or 2 more judges

Please comment below with your decorator’s name, server and what you’re interested in doing. Doors open August 15 @ 6pm EST and will close December 15 @ 6pm. There is ONLY 10 spots per server!

• Alice has found herself wondering alone through Wonderland again as she does often. However, this time it’s winter, her friends are nowhere to be found & she’s never been to this part before. Your job is to create a guiding or misleading path for her to follow.
    • - This is NOT a Frostfell (or Christmas) related build. This is a whimsical, colorful, cold, wintry Wonderland! This year we are going to think OUTSIDE the Frostfell box. Think about scenes from Alice in Wonderland and cover it in snow and ice. Create classic scenes from the story or make up whole new ones! Just remember this is NOT a Frostfell themed house. No red/green combo, no lighted Frostfell trees. **Snowball buckets, snowmen/women, stocking caps on actors AREok. If you have any questions about what is allowed or not allowed please reach out to your SO or the GO.
    • - Ethernere Enclave is the backdrop this year! Each house is set up to accommodate 100 items and 100 building blocks per contestant. NO layout editor will be allowed this year! This is NOT NEGOTIABLE! There is too much risk in destruction of someone else’s work. If you are caught you may be asked to withdraw from the contest. Layouts will be saved everyday by SOs and the GO. Therefore they will be the only ones allowed to load a layout if necessary. Please be respectful of others and build within the house itself. Each lot is roughly 5x3 full size (normal) New Halas Cobblestone tiles (which you can use if you want). You MUST stay within the boundaries of your chosen plot. All items are welcome minus Marketplace, the ONLY acceptable Marketplace allowance will be anything used from the recipe books that were released last year, (if you don’t know what those are please ask someone).
    **Again, please ask a Server Overseer or the Grand Overseer if you have ANY questions regarding the change up! We are here to help and happy to do so! And remember this is NOT a Frostfell themed build. NO red/green combos, Frostfell trees, etc.

If you sign up and realize you won’t be able to complete your lot, please let your SO know so that we can allow someone else in to participate.

Prizes (per server)
    1st Place – 1,000,000 platinum
    2nd Place – 500,000 platinum
    3rd Place – 250,000 platinum

**A special Grand Overseer award for Best in Show will be awarded! (This is specific to this ONE contest and is NOT a guarantee for future Neighborhoods) There will be ONE winner from across the FOUR servers! This is on top of individual prizes. This is NOT an award granted by the judges. I will be the only one judging for this prize. The winner will not necessarily be a chosen winner from the outside judges.
    ***Bonus GO prize! There are 3 lots in each house that are misshapen, lumpy, bumpy, dippy and odd. The individuals who take on the extra challenge of one of these lots will be participating in a mini-contest of creativity! Each server will have 1 winner for this mini-contest. This will be judged on creativity and following neighborhood rules and regulations. Prize will be a LoN surprise!

!!!What a Wonderful time this will be!!!
    Ready?
    Set?
    !!SIGN UP!!

2. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm in on AB with Celestiell! Can we get a list of the Frostfell items, themes and schemes, etc. that aren't allowed, please? I'm a little bit confused about a Frostfell contest that doesn't allow Frostfell stuffs. Would think this would be better for a Bristlebane neighborhood or the like but I'm in as long as I know exactly what we can't do/use. Meanwhile, new event!?
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well I can try this one and stretch my creativity.
    Skyfire. Quiarrah.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Frulia Member

I'd love to participate!
    Frulia on AB
    Kitychao on MD
    Shadeaukity on SF
    If you need an extra judge on HoF, I can judge as Kitymiauw.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Well, this will be trickier than I thought for my first FF neighborhood, but I think I have an idea. :) Agreed with draidean above that a list of disallowed items will help a lot.

Trimia: Halls of Fate
  6. Odyzz New Member

Sign me up to participate.

Sphinx on MD
  7. Kareena Active Member

I will work on a list of not approved items and post it here. Thank you for the advice, I should have probably thought of a specific item list of no go's.
  8. Scabberss Member

I'd love to participate as well! Sounds like lots of fun! :)
    Scabberss on MD
  9. Jewels Member

Character you want added as trustee to decorate:
    Karrla

Server:
    Maj'dul

I can judge on all other servers :)
    Halls of Fate - Karrla
    Antonia Bayle - Karrlaz
    Skyfire - Karrlazz

10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Sennas, please, on AB.
  11. Kaylabear New Member

Please count me in on MD- Kaisley Can't wait!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Misstake Well-Known Member

Devilkiss on AB... This sounds awesome.
  13. Sraphia New Member

*Tonga gasp*

Memememe
    Sraphia on AB.
  14. Xxtacii Active Member

Character: Xxtacii
    Server: MD

:)
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have an idea. . . put the list of No-No items in a BOOK along with the instructions. We used to all get a book for these things. I have noticed that that has stopped. . . . I think that should be put back into practice. *I mean. . . thats what I would do!*
  16. Kareena Active Member

Q that is an excellent idea! Thank you! I didn't think the book giving stopped, I think it just all depends on the GO that year. You all WILL be receiving books this year! Opening day is close!!
    Quiarrah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

(Oh and for any future Neighborhood type events I would like to offer up a house! Just keep that in mind)
  18. Stellacious Active Member

I'm Back!
    Tho not as much as I might be later in the year. Keeping an eye out for info here and any email from contestants for Skyfire!

Skyfire List thus far:
    Quiarrah
    Shadeaukity

See you all again soon,
    Stella :)

(Leave your name on this forum or mail me for Skyfire - Stellacious)
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

when you say NO Editor. . . You mean the one outside the game that you actually have to figut\re out the X-Y rotations and numbers. . . CORRECT? The ojne inside the game there is NO CHANCE of messing up anyone elses stuff.You are only flipping your own tiles or slanting your own walls and such.
    Lynarra and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Kareena Active Member

Correct the outside program Layout Editor.
    Lynarra and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.