Frostfell Mail it Forward Gift Giving Event

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Jexi, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Jexi Well-Known Member

[IMG] Every holiday season there's always that exceptionally wonderful stranger who does something nice for other players. It could be someone you witness helping another player defeat that terrible monster. It could be someone you saw in general chat helping someone find information to make their playing experience better. Whoever they are out there, they deserve a pat on the back. Every year during Frostfell, I witness these acts of kindness and mail those strangers something useful as a little surprise in their game mail.

Player Event: Frostfell Mail it Forward Gift Giving Event
    Server: All
    Date/Time: From 12/11/14 at 11:00AM PST through 1/8/15 at 10:00AM PST (start to end of Frostfell)
    What: When you witness someone being very kind and generous across Norrath, mail them something useful to put a smile on their face. You can give as often as you wish or as many items as you wish. I usually give out a few items to different players each day up until the end of Frostfell.

Gifts can be anything useful to another player. Examples: furniture, some coin, food/drink, armor, weapons, anything you wish to give to help another player have an enjoyable Frostfell. If you hear that player mention their level or interests, you can always tailor the gift to fit the player.

All can participate from any walk of life on Norrath.

If you receive a surprise gift from someone you don't know then you know someone wants to thank you for being a very friendly or generous player! If this is you, and you've received this mail, then mail something to another player including this greeting card to "mail it forward" across Norrath. Keep spreading the joy throughout the holiday season.

Include this Frostfell card so they can forward it on:

Title of card: Frostfell Mail it Forward Gift

Text inside card:

Dear Player,

Hi there kind and generous stranger! Your good deeds have not gone unnoticed. Please accept this gift in exchange for all that you do for everyone here in Norrath. It's now your turn to "mail it forward" and put a smile on another player's face. If you see someone helping another player or being a joy to others this Frostfell season, then mail them a little something to thank them including this greeting card of thanks.

Happy Frostfell and many more to come!

Signed,
    A grateful fellow player

Here are some examples of how your card and mails will look:

Frostfell greeting card with the "Frostfell Mail it Forward Gift" customization:
    [IMG]

Mail 1 of 2 with the gift (this is just an example gift. You can give whatever you prefer):
    [IMG]

Mail 2 of 2 with the Frostfell card:
    [IMG]

You may get a friend's help for the crafting of the Frostfell card if you are not a crafter.

If you do not have access to the mail, ask a friend on your server for some assistance to mail it for you. If you are mailing several different players a gift, please make a new greeting card for each person. You may also personalize and sign your own card if you never received the Frostfell Mail it Forward Gift card to send.

If you have any questions, You can reach Jexi on the Freeport server.

Thank you for participating and helping to make players happy this Frostfell holiday season!
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What a wonderful idea! I love to give! Be on the lookout for frostfell gifts!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Lovely idea Jexi :) I will be sure to help spread the cheer !
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

This completely ROCKS!!!!!
  5. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I love this idea! It sounds like a wonderful event that all players can take part in :)
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'm in! Wonderful idea.
    A thought: a small stack of Henchmen packs would make great gifts to send anyone that solos much.

Hmm, so for those that have been not so nice, do we mail them a slightly different message and a bag of Coal? ;)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't be silly! Trust me; there's many a crafter that needs the stuff to park by a forge or work bench! We love it! It's a great house item! :D

Uwk