Frostfell items, quests, etc

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I went to Frostfell today but got kind of confused as to what to do.....so I only collected frostbitten toes.....what am I missing out on?
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

4. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just clicked on the presents and bought recipes. Made a few items. I noticed some things only showed up occasinaly. You might have different items show up.

Walking on the ice, or riding a mount on ice, takes some getting used to. I found my character had to be motionless to gather, otherwise it would stop and say 'Interrupted'.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

Walking on the ice is a pain in the &*#! I tried using my mount but she just slides all over the place! Aside from that I'm enjoying Frostfell.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You have to turn 180 degrees and gently tap the up arrow key to slow down. Changing direction, even afoot, has to be thought out and planned for.

Otherwise you thud into an island !
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

I just stopped moving and hope for the best!:p
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

In addition to crafting and collections (only the toes are on the ice from my experience - you can find other collections on the islands and in the starting cities) - you can also do several quests that reward you with more frostfell items and effects for said items (lights on the trees!), plus appearance armor, and I believe they still have some with stats.
    Try this page for a run down on quests and other goodies - Frostfell is one of the (if not the) biggest holidays in Norrath. So much to see and do! https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Frostfell
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Isn't there? There doesn't seem to be enough time to do it all!
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If you want to turn quickly while moving on the ice, jump. You can turn on a dime that way; although you'll still slide, at least you'll slide in the direction you jumped toward. :)

I should probably add: If you have a leaping or flying mount, other effects will occur. This is if you're unmounted or on a ground mount that it helps.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

Jumping? Maybe I should give that a try.:D
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

There are presents on the ice to. Sometimes hidden between paws of one of the ice sculptures. You'll easily see them as you go by.

And some presents are behind trees and under branches that hang down. They aren't always in plane sight.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you complete some quests, it opens up other quests. So you just start with the feathers you see, complete those and then new feathers appear. But the two links that were posted give you all the information available. Also like Gero was talking about in another thread, I would make sure to buy the 3 keys from the fuel merchant inside of the tradeskill instance inside of the Frostfell Wonderland Village, and get the chests that those keys unlock so you will have the 3 Frostfell crafting stations for your house. You do have to complete the quest and open the chests before Frostfell ends. They are not hard. Gero posted in the announcements thread for Frostfell and I posted links for him, so you can look at that thread.

And all the Frostfell ingredients and Frostfell fuels will go into harvest depots and fuel depots respectively. Make sure to pick up a Frostfell shopping bag or two and harvest to your hearts content, just put the Frostfell Shopping bag in place of one of your 6 backpacks, it will only hold Frostfell harvests.
    Soara2, Leloes and Juraiya like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Soara2, Leloes and Dude like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

How will I have room for three crafting stations in my little two room motel room? I'm already running out of everything I have and I'm just setting things wherever. I don't think I can afford to get anything any bigger....but I may have to figure something out after Frostfell is over and done.....:D

So much to do so little time.....:p
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This. ^^

Oh my goodness, you will be thanking her (and yourself) if you follow that advice. There are 55 possible Frostfell harvests, and the Frostfell shopping back has 56 slots. Much larger than normal crafted backpacks. If you don't have a depot, you can always keep the Frostfell shopping bag in your (shared) bank, and just pull it out when you want to craft from it.

Another thing - the Frostfell fuels will also go in the bag, so it's sad that it doesn't have 58 slots to hold all three of those as well. But keep that in mind for when you buy the fuels; they will default to that bag, and if you don't want them there, you'll have to pull them out yourself.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

*laughs gaily and a little hysterically* Try doing with as many alts as some of us have! :p
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have a feeling I'm going to be thanking a lot of folks before all is said and done!:)

Oooohhhh....I don't even want to think about that.....I'm going to try...and I do mean try....to do just one character this Frostfell....I don't think I could manage to do the other two...I really don't....:D