Frostfell home

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Vunder, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

I am doing my very first frostfell home this year.

Looking for item ideas and how to get them. Theme type items. I have collected alot of stuff for it over the years, but I always seem to miss stuff.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I almost always just go for the recipe books (three different categories, up to book XII now for each) and the gifties I get from Santa Glug; I rarely shop at the Gigglegibbers unless there's something I really want. But one of the best ways to figure out what's available is by going to EQ2 Furniture. The person running it, Lera, is a HUGE fan of Frostfell, and if you just select the Holiday or Event drop-down list, then Frostfell, you'll get several screen-fulls of results. ;->

What I always do when I look stuff up there (which is often; it's a great site for house items!) is in the Options tab, I Hide the first option (a long name that I can't recall at the moment), the Player-Made Dungeon Items (which in my humble opinion, should be Hidden as a default; how many of us run dungeons for other folks any more? They're mostly just warehouses now...), and Removed Items. This will take away a lot of the results for Frostfell, but you won't be missing much. ;->

Even with my Hidden options on and only looking at house items, pretty much, there are over 800 things to choose from; some are quest rewards, while others are bought/gifted/crafted/etc. :)

The Keys they mention on that list involve you being able to get ahold of the special Frostfell crafting stations (if your Guild Hall doesn't have a set already), but there's a number of hoops to jump through on that. Once you get them, though (or just have access to them somehow), you can make Frostfell stuff all year round, which is something we've been clamoring for for years. Finally got them in 2013, and I have a set on every server I have toons on. :D

To go shopping at the Gigglegibber dude down on the small ice floe at "ground level," you'll have to do something for them first, quest-wise, either Mission: Improbable (from the assassin-looking dude up at the top near the entrance, "hiding" in the corner), or the crafting quest another gobbo offers you on that same small ice floe. If you're not yet level 20 in crafting, get to that first; you'll be making a lot of level 70 items, and you'll shoot up very quickly in levels to the point where you'll have to leave the crafting instance to get past either 9th or 19th level. But once you leave the crafting instance, you'll have to start all over again. :-/

Once you jump through the gobbo hoops, they'll be happy with you and sell you stuff from that one vendor dude. ;->

Other things can be bought from the gobboes up on the entrance level without problems, and that's where the recipe books are.

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Have you looked at eq2furniture.com? There are many ways to search house items (including Frostfell only items). Site has every single house item possible. It tells you have to obtain the items too (new items might take a little bit to have how to obtain info listed). Lera (the Frostfell elf!) is the one that runs this site.

Here are the links to past Secret Santug Holiday House Swap video tours:

Here is link to DenMum's write-up for this year's new Frostfell stuff (keep in mind there is one new quest that cannot be tested right now on Test due to the level increase coming with expansion):

You can also ask in the homeshow channel (Antonia_bayle.homeshow if you are not on AB). Hope this info helps.
    Faeonara, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! That's what I get for editing slowly... :D

What Oaky said! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

I did a Santa Glug snowglobe house on the Skyfire server currently on Hall of Fame >Creativity (recent) #10...Ocarinah and Kianne did tours of it if you dont have an alt to tour that server. If you do look on the server there are also several on hall of fame that are Frostfell homes to tour to get some ideas as well. And any items you find go to eq2furniture like Oaky said and search to find where you get it. Luckily Frostfell is coming soon and we'll have more stuff to get :D:D
  6. parissa Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will offer the snowglobe houses again this year... I missed out last year, because I had bought all the stuff a couple weeks before on a sale... So holding out and not buying, well maybe a few things to see if it comes back... That house is really neat... HUGE, but neat... It would sweet if we could turn it into a guild hall for all us frostfell lovers...
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably unofficially, the way they do it on the TLE servers before they get to that expansion timeline. :)

One thing I've noticed, though: what do you really need for a Guild Hall? If you have a 6-room house in a city right near the Banker/Broker/Crafting Recipe NPCs, preferably in Gorowyn (since they don't care what your alignment is, they'll still deal with you...lovely people, Sarnaks :D), you can buy the working Crafting Stations and get a Harvest Depot and Fuel Depot, and there you go. Have folks get a relatively cheap prestige house (or a free one from the Collector's Edition or the Summer Days panda thing or the 7-Year Veteran reward or...), have them set up their portals in that 6-room house, and voila. :)

You'll have a great size, you'll have a place everyone can access everything (and I must admit, prestige houses for "Guild Halls" are lovely, but real Guild Halls enable anyone of any alignment to get to them via the Housing Leaderboards...unless you can smuggle someone in of the opposite alignment quickly enough to place one of their own portals in a prestige place in the Other City, or Publish the prestige house "Guild Hall"), and you can decorate it any which way, without worrying about the "oh gods, how're we gonna cover up the same ol', same ol' Qeynos/Freeport interior?" question. ;)

Uwk
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  8. parissa Well-Known Member

I love this .... thank you for throwing all that out there... I am crossing my fingers santa glug brings his house back... and if he does think it gonna be my new guild hall... thanks uwk that is an awesome idea... a few sneaks a few deaths a few rezzes, they will all get into one eventually... maybe with broken armor, but they will do it...
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or when in doubt, just Publish it -- but then again, they wouldn't be able to place their portals in it until it's Unpublished. Sigh. :-/

Well, Publish it and have them tell you when they're actually in there, so you can Unpublish it long enough, or send out a Guild-wide mail, with something like: "I'll be in the House at [such-and-such a date] from 3 pm PST to 6 pm PST if folks need to place their portals." :)

And you're welcome! :D

Uwk
    parissa and Breanna like this.