Frostfell Festivities are Here Again!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just double-checked this on a character who hasn't done any of the Frostfell quests this year. I'm able to buy from the all the Frostfell merchants, including the one who sells stuff for Tokens of E'ci, so apparently that was changed.

I'm guessing you do still need to do either Time to Sleigh the Dragon or Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost! at least once to unlock the token merchant, but they're not required every year.
  2. daicia Well-Known Member

The Frostfell Decoration Committe: Permafrost is one that takes you into Icy Keep - it is the tradeskill quest I referred to. I've also checked this on numerous characters. As long as I did either the adventure version or the tradeskill version that require entrance to The Icy Keep (that's where the Permafrost one is, despite the title of the quest), I can see the stuff Gerbi Frostfoot sells. Even my level 2 adventure toons that I started on another server could go in the tradeskill quest with their lowbie tradeskill levels (I think the lowest was Artisan 9 at the time). The other goblins have never had an unlock requirements to see or buy their wares.

If there are some conditions for a permanent unclock so you can see his stuff the moment Frostfell goes live, we need more checks and more people need to post that change here. I'll double or triple check if any of my crafting cadre can see it, since I'm sure I have some I know have done the craft version in the past, but never the adventure version. Hope that makes sense! Just having my first cup of coffee lol.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Tabri , good news I figured out that when you do all adventuring quests in the Ice Keep you don't have to unlock the merchant again
    at least my character I did all quests on last year , just walked up to Gerbi and was able to access the shop right away
    and buy stuff , so unless they changed the rules that's what you have to do , finish all 3 quests in the Ice Keep , don't know if you have to do the crafting one too but after that you never have to do it again.
    and it gives you 10 tokens 20 if your all access.
    I cant even do the first Quests anymore I can now only do An Exalting Experience no tokens.
  4. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I know it's the TS quest, I was just including the name because searching for "Frostfell TS quest" on the wiki doesn't help much.

I don't think I have any characters that haven't done at least one of the Icy Keep quests, so I don't know if the token merchant no longer needs to be unlocked or if he is permanently unlocked from doing one of the Icy Keep quests once. Suppose I can try rolling up a new character and seeing. I was just posting to confirm that the token merchant does not need to be unlocked every year.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you don't need to make a new character I got a lot of toons in this game and the ones that have not done any of the Ice Keep quests cant see any of Gerbis wares
    he wont even talk with me
    the tradeskill quest is called Frostfell Decoation Committee
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you know what's funny I just went to Thurgadin and somebody should send a frostfell elve over here those dwarfes need some frostfell cheer too no decorations or anything somebody forgot them , they need to see the light too ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To Armageddoux and his alts: THANK YOU so much again for your help with my poor Storms toons! Got all three Frostfell crafting stations there, and I couldn't've done it without your help! :D

Uwk
    and Company
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

awe the stations :)) You got to pick up the quest Decorating committee / permafrost from Sogs Frostfoot to get the recipe in the permafrost crypt crafting instance from the merchant in there.
    you got to be a level 90 crafter to make them ,you need regular materials
    For all 3 keys you need to make you need
    4 amethyst
    1 white peony leaf
    4 iridium cluster
    3rhenium ore
    1matoppie root
    2 swamp ash lumber
    the fuel
    2 elven magic
    2 holiday spirit and
    2 holiday cheer
    you make the 3 keys out in the frostfell wonderland village, you can commission craft the keys
    once you made the keys you go
    to any of the lower zones and look for a ice chest and unlock that with one of the keys
    you can only unlock one chest and only if its the right kind.
    inside you find a frostfell crafting station its bound and can be placed into your home or a guildhall.
    for more information look this up on wiki ,or Zam for possible locations.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All of that's true, but one thing I found out when working with Arm's alt: you, the less-than-level-90 toon, don't have to have the materials on your person for commissioning! If the commissioning crafter is amazingly generous, all you have to do is put something, coin-wise, into the Commission screen and hold still while they make it. They can use their own materials as long as you don't break the connection, and you can pay them at the same time! :D

Uwk
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that is always true for commission work all it takes is one copper
    and a warm hug at least I like those:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and GrunEQ like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:( they just shut down frostfell this year I was not able to finish the crafting I was just doing
    please tell me it wont be like that from now on
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

First time I really understood that...usually I just buy the mats on the Broker, but this was on Storms and I wasn't sure what the French for them was. But he was patient and finally got through to me that all I needed was a copper ("Put a penny in the slot machine" when the Commission window came up ;->). :)

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! :-/

I was a bit puzzled myself with the lack of announcement; usually, when they're gonna shut down everything for the end of a holiday/updates/maintenance/etc., the Powers spam the beejezus out of the chat channels, starting at 2 hours to go...

"Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 2 hours."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 1 hour."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 30 minutes."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 15 minutes."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 10 minutes."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash at 7 am PST in 5 minutes."
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [4 minutes]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [3 minutes]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [2 minutes]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [1 minute]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [30 seconds]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [15 seconds]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [10 seconds]
    "Please find a safe spot to camp. This server is due to crash immediately." [5 seconds]

...or something like that, and if you're unlucky enough to have the sound on, that dang bell keeps going off for each. Can be very distracting. :-/

On the other hand, I can see where it might come in handy to know when they actually mean it... :(

Uwk
    who did appreciate them leaving up the Gorowyn City Festival until 7 am, rather than killing it at midnight... :)
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:( Gorowyn was still up even after the maintenance must have felt guilty about taking down everything on a Thursday
    this time
    and they did have an announcement every 5 minutes
    I especially
    dreaded the one that kept on saying that the instance I was in would shut down 6 minutes before the server would
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(