Frostfell Festivities are Here Again!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

The blue and white armour shown in the first picture - where does that come from please?
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the goblin inside of the frostfell wonderland he sells stuff for frostfell tokens , but only when you did one of the permafrost quests
    crafting or adventuring
    one is called Mission improbable
    the other is called decoration committee and you need 9 spaces in your journal because there are 8 sub quests inside
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaah got it - thanks:)
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

And booo - that's expensive appearance armour!
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

its not only appearance but I am shure you got better you can always buy the level 10 armor its a lot cheaper
    and I think looks the same
    you get a cool frosted look even if you wear something over it even your mount gets frosted over
  6. Tabri Well-Known Member

I guess I wont buy anything from the ECI merchant because Im really SICK OF DOING THIS QUEST EVERY YEAR TO UNLOCK THE ECI MERCHANT. Really lunacy once again I dont want to do this quest to unlock these frostfell npc's every freaking year.:mad:
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I agree Tabri it would be nice if once was enough the good news is those tokens are heirloom so you only need to unlock the merchant on one toon for each account.
  8. Louly Well-Known Member

Oh wow! LOL the scamper wheel sno globe hahahaha :D :D
    Prissetta and Awkk like this.
  9. Ailbe New Member

I have a lvl 68 Kerra Pally, and when I went to a Frostfell Merchant, he doesn't want my business. Never had that happen before. Also, can't get in Icy Keep?
  10. Streppoch Member

Just some feedback...

I have arthritis, and the Candy Cane Chase is pretty much undoable for me--it puts a lot of strain on my hands and fingers. It would be nice if this weren't part of the achievements needed for Frostfell.

I've done it about 15 times since Frostfell went live, and I just can't complete it in time.
    Ceyllynn, GrunEQ and Juraiya like this.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

Nope. On AB server, when FTP was new, was the last winter when Frostfell was held in the small Qeynos (and I assume, Freeport) villages. The next winter, after about 18 or so months of FTP, was when the Frostfell Wonderland was created. That was the year that a big Rainbow Bridge connected the upper level to the lower level. Could we please have that big bridge come back some day, it was so much fun to slide uphill on it. :)
    Streppoch likes this.
  12. daicia Well-Known Member

As others mentioned, you must do at least one of the quests in The Icy Keep *every year* to unlock the merchant. It can be the Mission Improbable quest (solo or group adventure) or it can be the daily tradeskill quest. It doesn't matter which of these, as long as you get the quest and enter The Icy Keep.

I've been busting my hump to update the wiki on this topic because I found the info rather disorganized after so many years, so I'll link the main Frostfell event page for new and returning players. Crafters and decor nuts: I added a page (still working on it) that describes how to get the (year 'round) Frostfell Crafting Stations. Also worth mentioning - if you are looking for the table with info about seasonal harvestables, I moved it to the Frostfell Crafting Stations page while I am working on it and a few other pages over there.

Add me to the list of people that would like to be able to at least SEE what Gerbi is offering and have that quest optional. Given how many items I want every year, I'd rather be able to look and plan my token madness before I even start questing.
    Ceyllynn, Awkk and HaphazardAllure like this.
  13. Ailbe New Member

Thank you!
  14. daicia Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Just remember it's a wiki, open for public edits! Some of the quest info may need updates, so take a mo to change anything that's off. My bet is it will mostly be NPC locs inside the Frostfell zone or maybe new rewards for quests that need polishing. We had that huge zone update and some things shifted around in there and most years we get a new quest reward or two to pick from.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

^This.

I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel, and I can't do this one either. I find it a bit frustrating. When I played in Free Realms, I was always terrible at this sort of game, and when they created this one in EQ2 the same year they cancelled Free Realms, I had the feeling that some of the devs for those Free Realms games were moved over to EQ2. Made me kind of mad that they felt they had to bring those same games over.

The candy cane hunt game in CL and Ant is fine; the one within Frostfell itself is frustrating and un-fun.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The Frostfell Wonderland has existed for eight years; you can tell because that's how many recipe books we have for each tradeskill type. (They did not have recipe books before the wonderland, because until then, there were no Frostfell harvests.) F2P has not been around for eight years.

Besides which, Frostfell has been around longer than the Wonderland has been, although I don't recall if there were quests for the early year(s).
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

You mean that the Frostfell Wonderland first appeared in Dec 2007? That could be and I never saw it. I only know for sure that FTP started in mid to late 2010, and I saw the last Qeynos village decorations in Dec 2010. I thought that Frostfell was being held in those villages, and that the Frostfell Wonderland was first created in Dec 2011, but I could be wrong.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

According to Zam (http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Frostfell_(EQ2_Live_Event) ) : "In 2006 SOE introduced the Frostfell Wonderland Village. To get there you need to find a magic closet (or wardrobe) in one of the cities. When leaving the village, you can choose any city of your alignment (Exiles can only return to Haven) to go to."

This makes sense, because I don't recall getting recipes the first year it existed.
  19. Streppoch Member

Yes, exactly. The CL/Ant games are fine, because I just have to hold down my mouse button and cruise. But navigating on the ice is WAY too hard, and the exploding presents just makes everything frustrating as all get-out.
    Ceyllynn and Juraiya like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did that race on some of my toons and my wrists hurt Iuse both the keypad and the mouse to maneuver .
    Ceyllynn and Moonpanther like this.