Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the new Ice Ichor Coven Cloak is supposed to be silvery? :-/

Uwk
    /puzzled
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And speaking of Ice Ichor Coven things, I dunno about Schmett's character, but with my female Sarnak, it looks like the shaft of the broom is going right through her leading (left side) thighbone...

And why does a female critter with nothing more than a cloaca, like the males, need to be riding sidesaddle? :-/

Actually, I take it back; it looks like it's crunching through her right hip and coming out the front of her left thigh...basically wrecking up her entire pelvic girdle. I'll see if I can get less confusing screenshots. X-P

If I ever get another one with another female toon (preferably something humanoid ;->), I'll compare and contrast. :-/

EDIT: Let's try this and see how well it goes...I usually don't try too many images in one go.

From the front:
    [IMG]
    Ouch. :-/

From the rear:
    [IMG]
    It's kind of hard to see, since either she's got a "hip wrap" of chainmail on or the tail of her chainmail coat is peeking out, her tail is white/black, and the broom handle is blue/grey, but it's inserting just on the lower right of the "hem" of the 'coat.

And even when riding it in real time:
    [IMG]
    There it is, just the right of her tail. :-/

Ow! :(

(I do like the li'l lantern in front; perfect for night flying! :D)

Uwk
    who wonders: what would a male of a tailed race look like riding a broom...? :-/
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Have you looked at where it goes through male half elves? I almost posted a picture once, but my spouse told me I would probably get in trouble.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, you might know (or at least have more of the new stuff than I): what all is new? :-/

I've got the following so far, some of which I know are old and others I've never seen before, so, new:

NEW:
    Candycane Frostfell Cube Plushie
    Everfrost Estate Fountain
    Festive Spren (what is a "spren"?) vanity pet
    Ice Ichor Coven Broom
    Ice Ichor Coven Cape
    Petamorph Wand: Iceborn Brute
    Snowflake Curtains boxed set (Heirloom; each individual curtain is tradable)
    Sugary Ninjabread Man house pet

OLD:
    Austere Pine Garland
    Envious Santa Glug Beard and Hat
    Mint Candy Crown of Death
    Plane of Magic Snowglobe
    Sinister Gumdrop
    Twinkling Ceramic Frostfell Tree

That's...14; I'm missing two, one of each category. :)

Uwk
    Siren likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is also a set of Cinnamon striped curtains that are new.
    for the spren , just look at the picture, its some kind of sparkly energy.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, one of these years...I know you devs/techs/Powers/etc. have all our records; one of these years, can we PLEASE get credit for having done necessary quests in the past, before they supposedly counted for anything, please??? All my old veterans, who'd made the mistake of doing quests in the BA years, I guess (Before Achievements?), are not having any of them count towards anything. If nothing else, the fact that we've DONE such things is in our Completed Quests Log, but not in the Achievements records. Again. Every flippin' holiday, this happens. For next year, can we make a resolution to fix those two databases so they sync up? Please? :-/

Uwk

EDIT: Tbh, the main concern I had re: Frostfell was not having to do the "thaw everyone out and do 6-7 more quests after that so you never have to do it again" bit any more. But then, one of my toons, Dekaitris, had indeed finished all the required quests to clear that endlessly recurring requirement, at least according to both the Achievements records (she did get the new version of Frostfell Fanatic, Santa Glug Sleigh and all), and my Completed Quests log (A Deepice Mystery, The Giftgiver's Dilemma [with Gnopp's One-Stop Shop and Raiding the Gifty Storehouse], A Frostfell Favor, Merry Mischief, and Saving Frostfell). On the same day, in fact, 12/01/2017. And yet, Jingle still needs to talk to me about thawing everyone out and basically redoing all of that from scratch? Please tell me that's a bug. X-P

EDIT: Barring all that, reassure me and tell me I only have to do A Deepice Mystery one more time to not have to endlessly repeat it every year, not necessarily every other one in that parenthetical list... X-P
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the graphic; still don't know what the heck it is, except for a sparkly energy thing. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! X-D

Uwk
    who's reminded, upon seeing the Harry Potter movie again where they introduce the kids to riding brooms, even the youngest males do seem to want to sit them at an angle... ;->
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

my legs would fall asleep too, dangling down.
    They had the right idea in Halloweentown where the brooms were equipped with bicycle seats footrests and if needed handles.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, when I got my first one I checked it in preview and it had the bleached effect. I thought nothing of it at the time as I presumed it was just supposed to be an icy effect to match the broom. When I poked at it yesterday it was coming up in full colour in both the preview windoe and on the character. I'll try and remember to poke some more characters when I log in later.

Uwk: the old gift list should include both austere garland and swag. I have both on my list for a full set of 16.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused with this cape now. At first I thought it might be related to vision spell effects, but now I'm not sure.
    My first toon to get a cape showed it bleached but she was wearing Infravision goggles at the time. Yesterday when I checked her everything was fine but she wasn't wearing the goggles. Today I checked her with ad withoug goggles, infra and sonic, zoned her in and out of the village and everything stayed fine. I simply could not reproduce the problem with her.

Second character who had a cape is a ratonga with native sonicvision ability turned on. Went through the following sequence:
    Logged in - bleached
    turned sonic vision off - bleached
    relogged to clear any vision flags - bleached
    zoned to gfay - all fine
    zoned back to village - all fine
    At that point I stopped and moved on to other toons until another ratongo got a new cape - bleached, I repeated the above steps with the same results zoning to TD this time. But this time I played some more.
    Zoned out with a fixed cape an it was fine. Zoned back into the village and it went back to bleached. Then I went in and out several times to several zones, witha nd withoug sonicvision and couldn't seem to get it to be fixed in the village anymore. So I went back to the first ratonga and found the same. It seems if you zone out once and back you get a fix. If you zone out again and come back it's always broken in the village from then on no matter how myuch you go back and forth - at least if you're a ratonga! As I said above rhe barbarian I somply cannot break anymore!
    For clarity testing was done checking the character itself, the persona window paperdoll and the preview window and all 3 consistently showed either bleached or fine, no mix and match. And I zoned into TD, Gfay, Halas ad Qeynos - all of which show everything correctky every time.

Result: very confused! :confused:
  12. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

This morning's Santa rounds got me another cloak. So I looked at it in dressing room where it was colorful, and then put it in wardrobe where it is silver/gray.

[IMG]

I am not sure which color it is supposed to be. I guess the silver/gray would make sense with the broom and the name.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I like both, but the cloaks teal color goes perfect with my mount, and I am not talking about the broom.
    I think it also would be neat if it changes color randomly, like the horse of many colors.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

The recipes for Decorative Red and Black Candy Stick and Decorative Red and Black Candy Stick are both named Decorative Red and White Candy Stick.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

As far as I can determine it's already doing that! o_O
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well yes, but is it supposed to do that, is it working as intended, or is this a glitch?
  17. Moonglow New Member

posting this as a feedback. the frostfell candy grab for the common lands doesnt update the achevement even though one has completed it and even did this twice to make sure. plus when you step on the pad to start the race you are ported almost underground with just top of head stick out. hope i explained this ok
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes! :)

It's one reason why they have seats on bicycles and don't make a rider just sit on that top bar going across (at least for male bicycles; women would have to just stand on the pedals like Mongolian horse riders...at least, ladies' legs would be in phenomenal shape! :D). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU! Now I have enough info for my spreadsheets! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the teal version is an older "paint" job, for an older cloak? Perhaps not necessarily a Santug giftie, but a quest reward?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.