Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes are headed to Test, with the next Test update (I assume that is on Wed 12/1):
    • Speaking with Santa Glug will now move you back, allowing other players to make their way to the gift-giving elf.
    • Approaching Santa Glug now triggers some Frostfell magic that hides your mount, but does not remove its benefits.
    • Shimmering Splendor Frost Star – Description is now appropriate for the house item.
    • Merry Frostfell Cloak – Equipment item is no longer heirloom.
    • Merry Frostfell Cape – Equipment item is no longer heirloom.
    • Snappy Red Bracers have been added to "Frostfell Outfits You Can Make IV"
    Thank you all! it's great to see such excitement and fun surrounding this event!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Carynn, Manafizzle and 4 others like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Schmetterling is correct, this was changed last year. Unfortunately, Zam is no longer being updated, so their information is not up to date.
    • Petamorph Wand: Frost Fae Drake - Is now available from Gerbi Frostfoot, after quest completion.
    • Frost Fae Drake Plushie - Is now available from Gerbi Frostfoot, after quest completion.
    ~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

As you can read from my post above about changes headed to Test, I was able to work out a solution for situations like this. Just speak with Santa Glug and you'll be nicely removed.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Carynn, Siren and 2 others like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

You might want to wipe over your glasses, Kaitheel. I know it's hard to tell through the beard and all but last time I checked Santa was a goblin ... :p
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Genius! about the mounts especially. Our Guide volunteers might need to bug you about some item that will do that for them when they are swamped in sea of mounts , pets and mercs
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EDIT: Okay, ignore all my stuff below (too bad; I liked the eventual image of the 'jar I was able to pin down...); teach me to respond to entries before reading the entire forum... X-P

Cool new ideas, Kaitheel! Will be seeing what they're like later on this afternoon! :D

Uwk

Breanna likes this.
  7. elflover Well-Known Member

So no word on the new crafted outfit having matching colors? I wouldn't mind even if it was fixed a little bit after Frostfell started.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

While I am not on test to specifically check this, in game, the appearances of them seem to show:
    Chilled New Halas glass (crafted) is a duplicate of Halas Ice Goblet. (New Halas city festival)

If there is some difference between them its not obvious from the screen shots I've seen of both.

\aITEM -719479937 2123080970:Chilled New Halas Glass\/a
    \aITEM -288523307 -752781037:Halas Ice Goblet\/a

(For refrence)
    Carynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

hush you :p
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

Well, maybe we'll get something new that even cooler. :p Or it could be intended. :)
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Terrific! Thank you so much!
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but here's a suggestion for Frostfell 2022.

It's time to squish the frostfell harvests.

Ever since the first year, we've had to harvest some 60-70 individual items just to make assorted items. I get the "novelty" of it all, but it's time to streamline it.

Erollisi Day has an NPC that turns all love notes and candy into one love note, and you use those along with T1 materials to make stuff.

Bristlebane's Day and Brell's Day both have about a dozen harvests, but any of them can be used with T1 materials to craft things.

Nights of the Dead allows you to convert your candy into Candy Corn, which is then used with T1 materials to craft.

Frostfell... My pack pony still ends up finding so many dozens of items that it fills up the CD harvest bag and overflows.

We need to streamline it all.
    Carynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Elve did Kaitheel not say something about snappy red bracers , maybe we can get some pants too .
    Or maybe this is the beginning of the new separates line , create your own outfit from a choice of 30 pieces .

And I have seen somebody with the wings I would like , so they are or were already available .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

So, you might say Santa's forced distance is a "social-distancing" because he doesn't want to get covid? =P Sorry, but if ya don't laugh, it'll all make ya crazy! o_O (Anti-Covid dome?)

Thank you for all your hard work! Loving all the goodies this year!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brell Day (BD) and Bristlebane Day (BBD) only have, if memory serves, like 5 items each to harvest of their own specialties; I think the BD Emerald Clovers is the only mat that's really super "rare" vs. the others? :-/

I do remember those old days from 2006 when I first came in; I actually miss having the Emerald Gems of Whatever Emotion It Was (I'll check on Uwk himself for that, he still has some), simply because now we're forced to make green-colored gem-like items (the Baubles, Stars, Bells, etc.) out of red, blue, or black gems...doesn't make any sense. And we're down to 55 mats now; we have the 56-slot FF Shopping Bags, so we could stand one more back in the mat roster, imho. ;->

My question(s): if we don't need as many mats, if they're streamlined down to 2-3 per category of recipe (6-9 mats total), where/how would we get them? At least with BD and BBD, they're harvested from special shrubs, whereas both Nights of the Dead (NotD; semi-logically) and Erollisi Day (ED; 'cause, she's a huntress?) require slaying critters to get them (please, devs, seriously, no more wholesale slaughter in the Village for this; we can get NotD mats from shinies, too... X-P). Make shinies that look like teeny li'l presents the size of ordinary glowies, or the size of the smallest red-with-green-ribbon box on the stack of the food-mats boxes? Place more of them in the Village if they're smaller? Maybe generic Presents nodes, with the chance of any of the 6-9 mats showing up (please, no more uber-rares... X-P)?

If they're all convertible to a generic type of special mat, like the Love Notes or Candy Corn, what could they be called (hopefully, some type of thing that wouldn't conflict with any other FF item name; we can make Presents of various sorts, for example. Special Gifty? something...)? Maybe something representational, like how we can find Barbarian Love Notes and Candy Corn anyway, then convert all the rest we find to those...

Uwk
    /pondering
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Humorously enough, I actually find it fun and relaxing to harvest all those, and look forward to it every year. ;) Split your harvesting onto 2 characters if there's Frostfell shopping bag overflow perhaps?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Odibat New Member

I don't know if it is me or what, but I can't find the center of the maze any longer in A Frostfell Favor. I seems the maze has been changed and I've spent a couple day in and out of there trying to find the grave stone. I can see it at times from outside the backside of the maze and but not a way to get to it. When you changed it, did someone goof? I'm frustrated because I am also getting booted from the maze ever 5 minutes or so and then my McScrooge doesn't come back, it's my ghost.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, we really don't. There are far too many parts of the game that have been streamlined into sheer tedium already. Please let us keep SOME fun.

There are 55 Frostfell harvest items and you can buy a 56 slot bag specifically to hold them. Make use of it. There are 5 items each for Bristlebane and Brewday events which is hardly excessive. Frostfell recipes require multiple special harvests to craft and we now have hundreds of them. Changing all of them to use a single generic material would basically involve re-writing every recipe. That would be a massive amount of work and I think both Kaitheel and Denmum have better things to do.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have my Frostfell shopping bag hanging in my bank , shared bank or house vault of one of the toons with harvest pony
    Some servers with more people with the pony I get more than one bag .
    When ever Frostfell begins I take the bag out of storage and keep going where I left of the last year , and on April the first I bring it out too , so the Frostfell stuff does not get mixed in with all the other holiday harvests

I mean with all our depots growing to giant size today , I might simply drop everything in to on harvest depot , but there is just something about keeping this harvests separate , and on Kaladim we still have to harvest by hand ( no upgraded pony yet ).

With the upgraded pony you get one or two of the more rare harvests each time , and those are only used for some recipes
    anyway , so you don't need as many .
    Breanna, Siren and Tkia like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Brasse's website still exists any more, but she'd done a phenomenal job of mapping out the maze (I suck at mazes going through them horizontally, on foot; I rock, imho, if I have something to look down on vertically. No problems following it then). As far as I can tell, nothing's changed; I did get a wee bit snagged here and there with my most recent lowbees, but that's because I haven't run it in ages.

What I do is try to stay on the left-hand arm(s) as much as possible; kill the minotaur off to the left main arm first, then hang a sharp left and kill the....whatever it is; it's like a giant scorpion/angler fish, with an "ice crystal" as a tail tip that just sticks out of the ground. That should be my last fight until the minotaur just before the center, which is actually still more to the "left-hand arm." Three battles, tops. After the scorpion-thing, I head for a main left arm and... (/pulling_up_really_old_map) between the 5th and 6th trees (coords: -360, -680. I don't know how far "up" that is, height above the ground-wise [the x,y should get you in the ballpark]; presume 0?), as far North as you can go without running into a lot of dead-ends, there'll be a "pass" to take to the very back (northernmost "wall") of the zone, after which things flow pretty smoothly and it's really hard to get lost after that. Brasse herself had marked it out on the map as being the easiest trail.

Long story short, head North, young Norrathian. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.